- Registered User
Member for 7 years and 18 days
Last active Fri, Dec, 14 2018 21:39:30
- 0 Followers
- 497 Total Posts
- 23 Thanks
Nov 15, 2018I considering the following 75 for a small tournament coming up this weekend. The local meta is pretty diverse, with the most represented archetypes being UW Control, Jeskai Control, Burn, and Dredge.Posted in: Midrange
When it comes to the sideboard, I tried to have a broad sideboard that can have something for every match.
Anything you would change? I don't have the 3rd Raging Ravine yet, so that's why there is a Treetop in there.
Thanks!Quote from Piney_Tinecones »@Xour, I love the Floyd avatar and the Descartes quote.
Nov 12, 2018Posted in: Midrange
Two of the winning list are running less than 24 lands: 23 and 22 respectively.Quote from Piney_Tinecones »BRGLooks like Jund made a pretty good showing at Regionals!GRB
Hmm... I don't think I'll leave home with less than 24, especially with 22 lands and 2 Trackers!
Nov 12, 2018Posted in: MidrangeQuote from Pistallion »Question, what do we bring in and take out for Storm? I'm starting with Jadine's list from SCG Chorolette
When playing Storm against Jund I usually side out the mana accelerators and remands. I board in Empty the Warrens, Pieces of the Puzzle and some burn/artifact removal.
I think you would like to have sweepers, targeted discard and graveyard hate.
Nov 8, 2018Reid's list has no mana denial unless I missed something, and Sol was playing Ghost Quarter instead of Field of Ruin.Posted in: Midrange
I'm truly not sure about that. I want at least two copies of strip mine effects in my main deck, and the only reason I would play GQ over FoR is for disrupt turn 3 Tron. What do you guys think?
So our opponent can go mountain, shock, go.Quote from VidarThor »Back in my day we dark ritualed into Phyrexian Negator.
Ahh I miss those days!
Oct 22, 2018Posted in: Midrange
I was thinking more or less the same. Thanks!Quote from Ayiluss »1. Yes, definitely replace Abrupt Decays with Assassin's Trophy. I would cut all Decay and add Trophies instead. I like one more all in removal in Rock (I would do it the same in Abzan) but I prefer Pulse. It's slower and an instant which makes it worse against aggro decks but it's an additional removal for Jace and Teferi and other problematic permanents that Decay can't hit.
2. Concerning manabase I would cut Stirring Wildwood. Reach can be useful but it's too expensive for what it does. I would replace it with Treetop Village which provides only green (that can be a bit sketchy in a 3 color deck) but it's much better manland overall.
3. Other changes that I would make are to add 4th Fatal Push. You want enough early interaction against faster decks and Path to Exile is not a card you want to play in the first couple of turns unless it's absolutely necessary. Personally I would cut 1 Path for 1 Push, leaving you with 4 Push and 2 Path.
4. Other than that I would try to fit in third Tireless Tracker. I think he's really good in Rock and assume the same is true for Abzan. Maybe instead of 4th Confidant. I like Confidant but he's not the best against aggro decks and thus playing 3 might be enough (I play 3 copies in Jund for example). I'm not sure about that and all 4 Confidants may be perfectly fine but playing all 4 is not set in stone and he's worse in Abzan than in Jund.
Oct 20, 2018I have this pre-GRN list, and I was wondering if it's worth updating. I'm aware that Lingering Souls is not really well positioned right now, and that is one of the reasons I'm leaning more to Jund or BG rock than Abzan.Posted in: Midrange
- Replace Abrupt Decay some other removal with 3 copies of Assassin's Trophy
- Update the manabase, it's clunky
- Replace Crime // Punishment with Engineered Explosives
Other than that, what would you change? Should I move onto a different list or color? Thanks!
Sep 16, 2018I won't argue with the results, but I don't like the Flayers in his list. I don't see a reliable way to enable Delirium, and looks like more often than not is a 2/2 with trample. For reference, I'm playing Abzan traverse and Flayer feels like that without Delirium.Posted in: Midrange
Then again, it wasn't me who made it to the top8 of a GP.
Sep 11, 2018Posted in: Midrange
I'm not sold on that, I feel I want one extra removal, probably Pulse or Decay.Quote from FlyingDelver »She thinks Trophy is bad early but the best card in the late game, therefore she is on 3 copies. No Pulse, no terminate, no decay.
But I'm not the one with good results, so she probably is right.
Sep 10, 2018Posted in: Midrange
It should be pretty close to the one he piloted in this video or the one he 5-0 a league recently. These two lists differ slightly from each other.Quote from ktkenshinx »I'd really like to see Duke's Abzan list from GP Detroit, which is probably where I'd start.
If I have to guess, I would say that his list was heavily influenced and toned for the Team Unified GP last weekend.
Sep 10, 2018Posted in: Midrange
If you can Traverse for a Tasigur it means you already have delirium. You can instead Traverse for a Tarmogoyf that will be at least a 4/5 as well, with room to grow, and won't shrink your graveyard in the process. I really, really like Tasigur, just not in the Traverse shell.Quote from guitar90x »tasigur too is great as a 1-off when you need to traverse for an early blocker.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.