I'm now much more free and happy to represent us if that's still the majority preference, but if there is more support for KJ I think he is an awesome choice and would be happy for him to be our representative!
Here your intrepid crew is going to be attempting to make off with a two tons of US government gold bullion. But their are moles within your ranks. The feds have cracked a few of your cohort and they are trying to foil your mission at every step. Can you find the moles and complete your mission? Good luck!
The Resistance isn’t really Mafia, but it shares many similarities. There are 7 players divided into 2 factions. 4 Rebels Bank robbers and 3 Spies FBI Informants.
The Bank robbers know nothing; The Informants know the identities of their teammates, but do not have a private chat. This game will also be using the official expansion's trapper module henceforth called as the dummy mission.
(1) There are no Day/Night phases. There is also no death of any kind. Instead, there are 5 Mission Phases.
(2) At the beginning of a Mission Phase, a player will be selected to be the Mission Leader. Whenever a Mission Phase is completed, or a Mission Team (see Paragraph 3) is rejected, the player in the player list directly after the previous Mission Leader will become the new Mission Leader. The first Mission Leader of the game will be the player at the top of the player list (player list will be shuffled before the game begins in the interest of fairness).
(3) After discussion, the Mission Leader will propose a Mission Team by making a post that contains "Proposal (Mission number.proposal number): Player 1, Player 2, etc." on its own, separate line. Bright colors are preferred but not required. The Mission Leader is permitted to put themselves on the Mission Team.
(3.1) The number of players on the Mission Team depends on the mission number. Mission 1 requires 3 players, Missions 2 and 3 require 4 players, and Missions 4 and 5 require 5 players.
(4) Each player votes on the proposed team via PM to the game host only. Votes for or against a Mission Team may be changed any number of times simply by PMing the host again until the deadline; at the deadline, all votes will be revealed simultaneously and the team will be confirmed or denied. Revealed information includes the name of each player and whether they voted to accept the team or reject it. Failure to vote will result in reduced majority requirements for that vote (and also an inactivity prod regardless of prior posting).
(5) If the team earns a majority of assenting votes, that team is confirmed and attempts the mission; otherwise, that team is rejected and the next player sequentially becomes the new Mission Leader (see Paragraph 2). The fifth Mission Team proposed for each mission will be automatically confirmed.
(6) When a Mission Team becomes confirmed, each member of the Mission Team will submit "Pass" or "Fail" to the game host via PM only. If all of the submissions are "Pass", the Mission will succeed. If 1 or more of the submissions is "Fail", the Mission will fail except for Mission 4, which will require two "Fails" to actually fail. In other words, the Fails required to fail will be 1/1/1/2/1. Failure to submit a "Pass" or "Fail" will be counted as a "Pass." At the end of each mission, the number of pass and fail votes is revealed but the names attached to those votes are not.
(6.1) for each accepted mission the mission leader chooses 1 player on the mission team to send on a dummy mission. This player is chosen by sending a message to the game host via PM only with player they want to send on the dummy mission. This player doesn't have an impact on whether the mission succeeds or fails, their pass/fail choice is removed from the pool. The mission leader sees what the player on the dummy mission submitted, but their choice is not made public.
(7) The Robbers win if 3 Missions pass; the Informants win if 3 Missions fail.
1. Be good to each other. Follow all the forum rules, but mostly be good to each other and we'll all be just fine.
2. Play to the spirit of the game. Don't try to circumvent the hidden information. It's supposed to be a game of hidden information. Don't try to get around that, whether by copying your PM, editing posts, or other nefarious means. Game doesn't work if you bypass the fact that some information is supposed to hidden.
3. Please try to be active and post. You must make a substantive post every at least 72 hours, and I will be reaching out if it's been 48 hours without a post or forewarning of absence. More is vastly preferred. I will be issuing replacements/mod-kills at my discretion.
4. If you have a problem with another player's behavior or a question about a ruling please message me. I will answer within no more than 10 hours.
5. I reserve the right to punish as I see fit for breaking any of these rules.
6. Have fun!
I'm sorry I've been absent. Unfortunately I'm going to miss the deadline as it's 12am here and unless I get up at 3am I'm going to miss all the action.
I don't think either of KJ or Highroller are scum.
I think Chris and Tom are both town.
I think Rod is very very townie.
If there was more time I'd push for a CFD onto RE. She's been super absent and EtR was only dubiously townie. But it's too late for that.
Vez is just most likely to be scum but his role saves him for today.
KA is in a similar boat just a lot less likely to be scum.
Tubba/Vaimes have reasons I think each is town but nothing mechanical to say they are. But there just isn't enough. I don't want to condemn either but they are the best bets in the to have performed the kill as Rod is just telling the truth and I trust Chris.
LnGrrrR is more interesting to me than the above two on content alone but if we believe Chris then he didn't perform the kill last night which lowers his scum % by 2-5%. I think it makes me prefer one of Tubba/Vaimes even though I like them more behaviorally.
I don't have a good feeling about it and my gut says he's town but the game state makes it hard for him not to be scum.
So the way this has stalled I don't think we're getting to 9 any time soon. I'm not going to edit the title yet but I'm open to running the game with 7 if all of you are (and we can find two more people).