Yeah I think that being MIA on weekends would probably be acceptable back in the old days, but certainly not now and when the deadlines fall on the weekend.
Breaks are good! Being very selective with what games I do play in, focusing on one game at a time, and playing in a handful of games per year has really leveled me up I feel.
I was so conflicted on your alignment, Grape. Some of those posts you made Day 1 felt very very townie, and you confused me on Day 2 because you had some good micro posts. It's just your macro really sunk you in the end.
GGs to all! I'll see you guys on MU for a game in the near future I guess.
- Curse Premium
Member for 11 years and 9 days
Last active Thu, Aug, 11 2022 14:59:57
- 23 Followers
- 9,557 Total Posts
- 321 Thanks
Aug 4, 2021 Posted in: Mafia
Aug 1, 2021Thank you everyone for the compliments. Put a lot of time and effort into solving this one and I'm glad it paid off.Posted in: Mafia
I got annoyed/frustrated at certain points of this game, but overall I enjoyed the experience and it was nice to be town on my home site again (for the last time). Think taking a.. fairly extended break from seriously competing in mafia has leveled me up in a couple of ways.
- Only join games when you have the time for them
- Only play one game at a time, never multigame
- Give the game your all regardless of your alignment because it's more fun for you and the other players when you do
Tried to stick to these principles for the games I've played in this year and it's paid off. Overall just worrying way less about the result of the game and focusing more on process/enjoyment has ironically gotten me more game Ws over the past couple of years or so.
Either way, it was a pleasure to play with the MTGS crew again - glad I could lean into my strengths as a town player, which is recognizing and defending low hanging fruit, and being a GOD at lylo. Scum won't make the mistake of leaving me alive again I hope
Axel's analysis posts were a complete joy to read - I was hoping that he would make one on me honestly just to see how he interpreted my flow of information.
DV was aggravating to deal with for the latter half of Day 1 but I respect how he quickly pivoted off on me - that's something most people who tunnel me often don't do.
Wisp was a joy to solve with and I'm glad that the Wisp/Proph town alliance held true once again.
Was insanely fun to shoot the ***** with Eco postgame and get one over him this time.
GJ was fun to play with for the short duration he was in the game; we should definitely try to play another game together.
I think if DOTA posted a little more Day 2 then I could have probably got there on him since nothing he posted was like, actively scummy, but who knows; I felt bad about that mislunch.
It was amusing to see Osie try to copy my playstyle to mixed results.
I want to play a game with Cantrip where he has free time.
I hope Grape is okay.
And KJ is a potato.
Anyways, onto better pastures. Been on this site playing mafia for nearly half my life. It's time to end that chapter
Aug 1, 2021I have /words/ to say about this game, but I'm just gonna bask in the post-victory glory for tonight.Posted in: Mafia
Very happy with my process and performance though. Don't think many people could have gotten there that f5/f3.
Jul 31, 2021holy ***** we wonPosted in: Mafia
Jul 31, 2021whateverPosted in: Mafia
highroller show up so you can announce the scum victory
Jul 31, 2021it's actually just so annoying being in f3 with two slankersPosted in: Mafia
you'd think people would actually care to win the last mtgs game
Jul 31, 2021sorry if wrongPosted in: Mafia
but i think any sane person would have voted GF here, in my position
if you don't even show up then you don't deserve to win, i'm sorry
Jul 31, 2021Alright.Posted in: Mafia
Regardless of the outcome of this game, it was a pleasure playing with all of you.
May the better side prevail.
Jul 31, 2021If GF doesn't show up by the next hour or so I'll just hammer him and put him out of his miseryPosted in: Mafia
No way he slanks the entirety of f3 as town
Jul 31, 2021Posted in: Mafia
Jul 31, 2021okay.Posted in: Mafia
I'll be thread camping sort of for the next couple of hours I guess seeing if grape will actually show up and play
Jul 31, 2021I'm pretty sure cantrip was included as part of the nulls therePosted in: Mafia
not "really low"
Jul 31, 2021PROS AND CONSPosted in: Mafia
- micro towntells (how rusty are you feeling this game, maybe i'll finally catch scum on mtgs, "dont think i can leave a simple answer to this" which probably doesn't enter KJ's brain if he's scum, "Scum know they need me dead, because I'm the best target for them") tldr - stuff that is pretty easy to fake objectively, but I think these types of micro towntells are easier for town to get into the mindset of
- mostly agenda-less and just overall very disconnected from the game. i read some of KJ's past games but he's never been as disconnected as this. on the contrary in both of his scum games he felt quite engaged and posted a lot of walls, but he also was very engaged as town in tarot/80s. so idk with meta
- don't think he randomly re-evals dv and wisp like he does in day 1/day 2. there's no reason for him to do that
- the high/low poster thing is bizarre, but i feel like scum KJ would have tried to use it to push someone or accomplish something. him just randomly putting it out there and doing nothing with it feels more likely to come from town that doesn't know whats going on vs scum to me
- eco dunks on him d2/d3 in a way where it feels like eco was trying to set kj up as the final mislunch moreso than a bus and then trying to staredown at f3.
- also eco's posts after I declared my eco/kj team felt very... calm. like he was pushing the gamestate in the desired direction. he started to panic when i had my epiphany and when i wanted to vote him out. idk if this means anything but i kinda buy it (1284, 1293)
- if kj is scum here then he has to be completely disengaged as scum and not listening to what his scumbuddy eco is posting in scumchat. i find that somewhat unlikely given that kj has scum games where he is pretty engaged
- has a wolf pelt (eco)
- meta. he's never played this disengaged as town before I feel
- all the NKs kinda point to him since he's offed everyone who has scumread him. kind of paranoid of this even though it's wine at the end
- hasn't really made an impact on the game macro wise
- wrote up a huge case on cantrip but just never voted or pressured eco
- objectively speaking/in a vacuum, his lack of progression and random stances *is* wolfy. but idk, its better than the lockdown agenda-based consistency that gf has had?
- had a real impact on the game and tried to solve. opener posts have a lot of nuance
- does his "lack of self confidence/crippling doubt" tell a couple of times, which he does more as town
- his eod is both good and bad. good because i think the mindset required to put out reads when you might die at eod is townie. bad because the way he just abruptly re-evaluated and said "legacy time" when he wasn't likely to be lunched eod1 makes me feel like it could all be an act
- tunnelling me and osie. kinda refuse to believe his reads are that bad, after he sunk the scumteam in tarot. plus agenda/lack of progression etc. i feel like if GF was town we would have tried to work together, and I would have recognized the towniness in him. me/gf/wisp are a hell of a team, and we can pretty much bounce ideas off of one another
- barely interacted with eco. eco barely interacted with him. ditto with cantrip
- feels like eco would try to go for the win in f5 rather than bus his buddy and try to win in f3. he did not really push grape at all and boxed himself into believing kj was scum. i feel like the scum were comfortable with the gamestate, before I had the epiphany that grape was scum. then eco started panicking (cuz we'd realize that i'd lunch him first). i really do think that eco is the type of player to Play to Win vs Playing Not to Lose, and it was quite likely one of wisp or I would have re-evaluated on kj Yesterday
- weird inactivity gaps. this was the thing that made me so nervous, because I feel like town GF would be more invested and more consistent in activity. instead it's just he posts for a couple of times, then dips for like 2-3 days, then does it again. again he's just Not Here for this xylo which makes me think that he's scum who has lost heart/WIM since we lunched Eco Yesterday moreso than town who got excited that we have a chance to win again. if he's town, he has given me nothing over the past one and a half weeks i feel. inb4 he shows up like 2 hours before deadline and starts spamming
- has no wolf pelts
Jul 31, 2021Posted in: Mafia
If possible I'd like behavioral evidence that points to Grape being scum. He has a couple of things going for him that I am still not sure if I can overlook.Quote from Killjoy »Condensing my posts on Grape from Yesterday, basically he has bad interactions with Eco.
I feel like I probably don't need to show you more Grape things to show you scum!Grape. Maybe I'll look at Eco to see if I can show partners that way.
Points noted re your last post.
Jul 31, 2021also please answer my questions (re your disengaged meta and my questions on your towncase)Posted in: Mafia
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Jun 8, 2012Greatest Iso Quote:Posted in: MandersHex Blog
Quote from IsoI personally love Infect as a mechanic - I'm only disappointed I didn't see it back when I was playing Magic. Plague Sliver was my favorite Sliver just because it sounds badass - I mean, c'mon, Plague Sliver.
And Virulent Sliver gives poison counters.
Basically, venomous-sounding stuff and poison counters are awesome, IMO. Get some Hivestone + Virulent Sliver up in here. (Can you tell I played from Ravnica to Lorwyn?)
Poison is an awesome win mechanic and I love that it has an efficient creature-demolishing method. More people should run Poison/Infect.
Mar 20, 2012The GDS2 has better results. You'll most likely get high scores on that one. I got a 45/50.Posted in: Advent Blog
I should maybe take the GDS1 test.
Also, reading the GDS2 is a godsend; I have the whole shebang on my phone for offline reading and I read it while I am eating or exercising.
Mar 20, 2012Hi Advent!Posted in: Advent Blog
Cleric's Awakening seems too busy for uncommon. I would make it a straight-up tutor at rare.
The second card - Equipment tokens are fine, the +2/+2 + first strike for 1 equip is no.
Soulfling is a bit weak, but I could see it being used to trigger a sac trigger.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.