Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, stuff irl kept popping up and this thread kept getting pushed to the back of my mind. That being said, I like the look of your deck a lot, but there's a few cards I would tryout, besides the prior mentioned Guildpact Informant.
Notorious Throng is legitimately one of the best cards in the deck for Tetsuko. The amount of power and board presence that it gives you is unparalleled for the deck.
I would probably also look at Muddle the Mixture as a way to grab a quick infect creature, or removal in a pinch. You have a lot of CMC 2, so it seems pretty good.
A card I've been looking at myself for Tetsuko, which is dirt cheap I might add, is Turbulent Dreams. I could see this as being a budget replacement for Cyclonic Rift in your deck. While lacking the instant speed, with the low cost and the amount of cards a Tetsuko deck can draw this could be a good way to use even the worst cards in your hand at any moment.
I think the only other card I might consider would be Corrupted Conscience. Not only is it a way to steal an opponent's creature, and give it infect, but it can also give one of your own creatures infect as well.
Overall, I really like what you've done with the deck, if you have anything more to say I'm always happy to hear peoples experiences with Tetsuko decks. Hopefully, I hear back from you soon.
- Registered User
Member for 9 years
Last active Thu, Jul, 18 2019 08:48:24
- 0 Followers
- 487 Total Posts
- 147 Thanks
Jun 27, 2019Posted in: Multiplayer Commander DecklistsQuote from Arwen_Spence »I've been messing with a version of this deck inspired partially by yours. I'm considering Blade of Selves since my deck has an infect subtheme. Also, if equipped to a clone could allow for some interesting shenanigans. What are your thoughts on that as an option. I'm worried it might be a bit too slow.
Blade is a card that I've always considered, but my main concern is the amount of aggression it can defer onto you, especially with infect. Whilst I think this deck can do well in a multiplayer setting attacking everyone equally is not my general gameplan. What sources of Infect and Proliferate are you running? I might even look at the War of the Spark card Guildpact Informant from the Jace Planeswalker deck to further my means in a deck like that. In addition, could I see your decklist pretty please.
Jun 25, 2019ChaosNomad posted a message on [M20] Kethis, the Hidden Hand - One Hand in the GraveAny interest in everyone’s favourite legendary artifact, Mindslaver?Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Jun 24, 2019Skyknight Vanguard RWPosted in: The Rumor Mill
When ~ attacks, create a 1/1 white soldier tapped and attacking
Jun 24, 2019Colossus Hammer 1Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Equipped creature gets +10/+10 and loses flying.
Jun 18, 2019ChaosNomad posted a message on Mothership Spoilers 6/18 - New Kaalia and Golos plus image gallery cardsMan, I’m feeling so fatigued of 5-color legends lately.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Jun 18, 2019Besides the obvious things like Time Spiral style effects, which may be getting a bit too good for a 75% build. I would look at Impact Tremors, Aria of Flame, and Aetherflux Reservoir as finishers. In addition, if you wanted to go a bit more Creature-lite Proteus Staff and Divergent Transformations would be fine cards to include for the ability to use the spirits to pull out your few creatures.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Jun 17, 2019Dread Presence 3BPosted in: The Rumor Mill
Whenever a swamp enters the battlefield under your control choose one-
- You draw a card and you lose 1 life.
- Dread Presence deals 2 damage to any target and you gain 2 life.
Jun 13, 2019Posted in: Multiplayer Commander DecklistsModern Horizons: Card Analysis
So with Modern Horizons fully out in the open I've been meaning to make a long overdue update (I didn't update with War of the Spark since that set was mediocrity incarnate when looking for cards for this deck). Overall, I think Modern Horizons gives us a few interesting options for the deck, and I'm more than a little excited for testing out these cards.
- Mist-Syndicate Naga: Talk about a card tailor made for Tetsuko, currently I'm not too sure on what I'm cutting, but it's most likely either Nezahal, Primal Tide or Sakashima's Student, as mentioned in my prior post. I need to mull over this some more, but it's definitely going in here, but it's just a matter of where.
- Archmage's Charm: This is another I want to fit in. My initial impressions were for a replacement for Cryptic Command as a way to lower the cmc of my deck, since I want things to be more active whilst requiring less mana on board. This one needs some extensive testing, but I'm curious on how it plays overall.
- Force of Negation: Another interesting counter for the Mono-U deck, who would of thunk it? When I can finally get my hands on it, I'm going to try and dropping Pact of Negation for it. Both are solid cards, and while Pact has some solid upsides, like being able to be tutored by Tolaria West, I think its negative is far worse than the negatives of Force. This not a card I'm going to actively seek out because I think it's really not that much better in the deck, but if I do see it for a good price I won't hesitate on picking it up.
- Watcher of Tomorrow: The final card I'm really interested in from the set. With more ways to bounce or flicker, I think this would be more then a worthy inclusion here, but as is currently I don't think I can fit it in. Much to my chagrin, I will have to pass on it for now.
Bonus Round: General Deck Updates
This is just some generalized deck updates to help smooth out the deck. Whilst there aren't too many, I do have some future ones in the back of my mind, but I just need to acquire the cardboard first.
- 12x Island -> 12x Snow-Covered Island: This is more a meta call, but with the recent release of Horizons I know multiple people have already gone on Extraplanar Lens, but this is compounded by the fact that a local player has also found out about the joys of Wake of Destruction. Since we are mono-colored I'm switching to 50/50 split of basic and snow for the time being.
- Search for Azcanta -> Intuition: Search has never been a card that's impressed me too heavily here, and with the recent deconstruction of my Narset deck, this seems like a good home for the Intuition that was in the prior mentioned deck. From the games that I've seen it, it's been really nice. Oft times, I've been able to eke out a victory from this devious card.
- Riptide Entrancer -> Gateway Sneak: This card's been out for awhile, but a formal update has never been made for the deck. Entrancer tended from my experience to be much too slow for my liking, and more on hit draw effects that synergise with the deck is never a bad option, especially since if we don't see one of these effects early this deck can really flounder.
May 31, 2019Posted in: Magic Rulings107.4h The snow mana symbol S represents one generic mana in a cost. This generic mana can be paid with one mana of any type produced by a snow permanent (see rule 205.4g). Effects that reduce the amount of generic mana you pay don’t affect S costs. (There is no such thing as “snow mana”; “snow” is not a type of mana.)
May 28, 2019Posted in: The Rumor Mill
You get 6 Mana off Echoes since both Goblin tokens trigger it and they count the other token.Quote from BlazingRagnarok »
That combo only gets "R: Pashalik Mons deals 1 damage to any target, then 1 damage to any target." You net two mana off of Mana Echoes and one off of sacrificing a goblin to Skirk Prospector, but then you need to sacrifice the other one to Mons himself, leaving you one short.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Feb 4, 2014Either Blightspeaker or Wheel of Fortune.Posted in: Announcements
For Blightspeaker, I like the art, creature typing, the flavour text and the abilities present on the card. Everything is just so right, and is probably favourite creature. It also probably helps that my two favourite tribes are Rebels and Clerics.
Wheel of Fortune is a little different. It is one of the first cards I remember having, and is one of the few that I still have my original copy of. Every time I play my copy, currently in my Nin, the Pain Artist commander deck, I feel taken back to my early days of playing MTG with friends during School at Lunch.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.