The DCC: December 9th, 2018
Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.
How To Play
How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote in the day's poll, you receive  point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive  additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives  additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.
- Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into
a pollthe thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
- When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
- If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
- Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
- Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
- If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
- This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM me instead and I'll explain it.
- Anyone can post the new thread for the day. When you post it, make sure that:
You have a poll in the thread; You include everyone's cards (excluding cards that have been disqualified); The poll is marked as public and multiple choice with a one-day time limit; and
- You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
Notes of the Day
Surprisingly busy tomorrow.
DCC December Scoreboard
Probation: Jimmy Groove (15 days)
Quote from BrainPo »Votes: Netn10, Voidnothing
Whenever your discovery increases, you may pay 1 life, then put a 1/1 black insect creature token with flying onto the battlefield. (Your discovery is equal to the number of lands you control with different names.)
Quote from Conntroll »Votes: BrainPo, Netn10
Surveil 4. If no cards were put into the graveyard this way, draw a card.
"Less is more."
(this works exactly like you would expect with Rest in Peace type effects)
Quote from netn10 »Vote: Void_Nothing, BrainPo
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, tap it. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
"They will listen, or they will be silenced."
Quote from lookashiny »BrainPo, void_nothing
Creatures without flying can't attack or block.
During the holiday season, the city attracts crowds so thick you can't move an inch.
Quote from Indighost »Lookashiny, brAinpo
Creature - Goblin Warrior (C)
Quote from void_nothing »Votes: netn10, Indighost
Encase in Geode
Destroy target artifact or enchantment. Draw two cards, then discard two cards. Add X mana in any combination of and/or , where X is the number of artifact, enchantment, and land cards put into graveyards from anywhere this turn.