The DCC: May 21st, 2019
Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.
How To Play
How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote in the day's poll, you receive  point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive  additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives  additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.
- Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into
a pollthe thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
- When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
- If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
- Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
- Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
- If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
- This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM me instead and I'll explain it.
- Anyone can post the new thread for the day. When you post it, make sure that:
You have a poll in the thread; You include everyone's cards (excluding cards that have been disqualified); The poll is marked as public and multiple choice with a one-day time limit; and
- You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
Notes of the Day
Sleep schedule back on schedule? Imagine that.
DCC May Scoreboard
Quote from valleybeyond »Votes: BlackWaltz3, void_nothing
Until end of turn, creatures you control have indestructible and "Creatures with power less than this creature can't block it."
Chain - If you control two or more other spells, creatures you control get +2/+2 until end of turn
The Colossus Valley School, and gigantomancy in general, are often looked down upon by the other schools. "Mundy-lovers", "school for the vain", and "muscle fetishists" are the most common insults that nobody has the guts to say to their faces.
Quote from void_nothing »Votes: BlackWaltz3, JamBlock
Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchanted artifact's activated abilities can't be activated.
, Discard Artifact Disruption: Counter target activated or triggered ability from an artifact source.
, Sacrifice Artifact Disruption: Counter target artifact spell.
Quote from BlackWaltz3 »V: Valleybeyond, JamBlock
Creature- Human Soldier (U)
First Strike, Stun (When this creature becomes blocked by a creature, tap that creature. It does not untap during its controllers next untap step.)
When Vanguard Smiter deals combat damage to a creature, you may remove that creature from combat.
Quote from JamBlock »valleybeyond, blackwaltz
Choose three. You may choose the same mode more than once.
-When you cast your next instant or sorcery spell this turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
-If another red source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player this turn, it deals that much damage plus 1 to it instead.
-Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards.
Quote from netn10 »Votes: BlackWaltz3, valleybeyond
Rummage Like Hell
Discard a card: Add .
: Discard your hand, then draw that many cards.
"Burn every book in order to find that one book... you can't get more pyromancer than that."
- Ashel, Tolarian Student