- Jason Justis
- Registered User
Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 25 days
Last active Sat, Feb, 16 2019 04:20:56
- 0 Followers
- 217 Total Posts
- 63 Thanks
Feb 16, 2019Based on Gavin Verhey's comments on the Professor's video a couple weeks, there is a slim to none chance that any RNA cards will appear in these challenger decks because the quickest turnaround they could get with deck construction, testing, getting the cards printed, then shipping them out is around 3 months, and RNA has barely been out 1 month. We're lucky if there are just a few GRN cards included. According to Gavin, they are trying to get these challenger decks out to us as quick as they can so that they are as relevant as possible, but there is only so much they can do.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Jan 4, 2019Posted in: The Rumor MillQuote from DeLocke »As much as I love everything about this card, I'm gonna drop two rulings that'll unfortunatly kill a lot of the hype :/
1) Spells with a blank in the cost space have no cost, this isn't the same as a 0 (See Memnite). they cannot be cast and so cannot be used with this spell.
2) Casting a spell must obey all its timing restrictions, so you can only use this with instants and cards with flash. If it let you play a spell, you could throw anything out but unfortunatly it must be cast as per the rules, just ignoring the cost.
False on both accounts.
As Foretold and cards that have Cascade are what enable Modern combos like As Foretold-Ancestral Vision and Living End. Secondly, if Electrodominance said "Until end of turn, you may cast a card with converted mana cost X or less without paying its mana cost.", THEN you would have to obey timing restrictions because it says you have the rest of the turn to do so. This says you may do it now, as in it's part of the resolution of the spell. This absolutely works with Hypergenesis, Ancestral Vision, Living End and the like.
Jan 4, 2019No she doesn't die. You can shock her for 2 damage, but she's still on the battlefield because you're still in the middle of resolving the spell as you're trying to cast your freebie, which will trigger Lavinia's second ability. However, triggers can't be put onto the stack until after state based actions are checked, which will see that Lavinia has lethal damage marked on her, who will then die. Once state based actions are finished, her triggered ability is then put onto the stack to counter your freebie.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Dec 21, 2018Jason Justis posted a message on Ravnica Allegiance Mechanics ( Spectacle, Afterlife, Adapt, Riot, Addendum)Your new hand.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Dec 16, 2018In Commander, in decks with GBU like Muldrotha or Atraxa, being able to Growth Spiral and then drop in a Bojuka Bog at instant speed is awesome. Sure you can just Crop Rotation instead, but where's the fun (or ramp) in that?Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Nov 20, 2018Jason Justis posted a message on Ultimate Masters & Box Topper Promos + PSA regarding sealed Box Topper BoostersI was wondering the same thing about there being a number crunch thread. MTGS usually has one up, so I guess no one here wanted the responsibility this time. I would do it myself if I wasn't so busy with the holidays coming up.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Nov 20, 2018It's the subtle changes from set to set like the number of cards in a set that can sometimes go unnoticed.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
UMA - 254
GRN - 259
M19 - 280
BBD - 254
DOM - 269
A25 - 249
RIX - 196
IMA - 249
XLN - 279
There really isn't a clear pattern that is noticeable with the exception of a sorta pattern that is masters sets are usually 249 with a 15M - 53R - 80U - 101C rarity breakdown, whose pattern was deviated from with UMA. With that said, large sets like this usually have exactly 15 mythics with the exception of DFCs skewing that count from time to time. Having a general idea of how print sheets work, I wasn't sure if we were losing some rares to make way for the extra mythics, which is why I asked.
Oct 10, 2018A few things about these masterpiece planeswalker packs:Posted in: The Rumor Mill
1. On the back side of each pack where the print code is, each pack is labeled with the name of the masterpiece planeswalker that you find inside. For what it's worth, if you actually plan on drafting with this like they suggest you do like what's written on the inside of the box, you'll have to randomize the packs face up so no-one can see the print codes, even if you still have to lift up the back flap to read them. On that positive side, it's reassuring that you know you're getting one of all 8 planeswalkers as advertised just by looking at the print codes.
2. Inside each masterpiece planeswalker booster pack, the last 4 items in the pack are: the rare or mythic, then the masterpiece planeswalker, then a random guildgate, then a token card that is associated with the planeswalker character somehow (for the most part, anyway).
3. The tokens each have the mythic edition (MED) set symbol, with the emblems getting new profile art based on their artwork in their masterpiece versions.
001/008 White 1/1 Soldier token
002/008 Black 2/2 Zombie token
003/008 Artifact 1/1 defender token
004/008 Elspeth emblem
005/008 Liliana emblem
006/008 Ral emblem
007/008 Teferi emblem
008/008 Vraska emblem
Oct 10, 2018The foiling process is not like Expeditions, Inventions or FTV. It seems very similar to a normal foil with not much added thickness.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Oct 10, 2018Well my package arrived today, and stupid FedEx left it on the doorstep of my busy apartment complex. Thankfully I woke up in time to check to see that it was still there.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
They're just as beautiful in person.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Feb 5, 2014This may sound cliche or be a response that most would roll their eyes at, but my favorite card is Jace, the Mind Sculptor. Playing Mythic Conscription during its heyday and then switching over to U/W CawBlade before and after Jace and Stoneforge Mystic was banned, I have fond memories of the card and still can't help but smile every time I cast it. Even though it's only legal in Commander and Legacy as widely supported formats, I'm looking forward to the day when I acquire enough revised dual lands to be able to bust out my playset of Jaces once again and give Legacy a legitimate shot.Posted in: Announcements
So yeah, my favorite card is Jace, the Mind Sculptor.
EDIT: Woohoo, 1500th post in this contest, which means that my chances of winning will eventually be less than 1:100. Oh well, here's to sick rips off of Jace's Brainstorm!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.