Member for 8 years, 9 months, and 9 days
Last active Wed, Jan, 16 2019 12:48:41
- 5 Followers
- 4,808 Total Posts
- 177 Thanks
Jan 16, 2019motleyslayer posted a message on MTG Streamer Event - RNA Early Access Streams: 1/16-1/17tbh I think that paper prerelease events will always be very popular. At least in my area, they tend to bring out crowds that normally don't go to many other events. While they may be pushing digital a lot more, a lot of their market is paper so that won't be dropping soonPosted in: Magic General
Jan 16, 2019Posted in: Magic GeneralQuote from TheOnlyOne652089 »Lets hope this will crash and burn.
Its a terrible product and people really only buy it to sell them.
Who ever is actually playing them, i dont know ...
IU think I've seen maybe 1 mythic edition card being used, a Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas. I personally don't like them but I don't really like any of the masterpieces myself really
I definitely see a lot of people reselling though
Jan 14, 2019Posted in: ModernQuote from Wraithpk »I think the big takeaways from that data are:
1. Izzet Phoenix is the real deal, but it's probably being overplayed right now
2. Bant Spirits is very overplayed
3. Hardened Scales is very underplayed
4. GDS is the best fair deck
5. KCI probably deserves to eat a ban soon
6. GB Midrange is better than a lot of people seem to think
1. I've seen a lot of Bant Spirits past 2 months or so, seems strong but still a bit overplayed. On the other hand I don't think I've ever played against hardened scales and modern is what I play the most
2. I'm going to be putting GDS back together soon. I remember when people were complaining about how busted it was when it was at it its peak
3. At this point I don't know if I can defend keeping all of kci intact as it is. After Oakland where it put 4 copies in the top 8, I think something needs to go.
Jan 12, 2019motleyslayer posted a message on RNA Prerelease: which guild are you picking and whyI'd like either Rakdos or Azorius. I love UW so Azorius would be nice but I'd also love the chance at a promo bedevil so I'm also hoping for Rakdos. Although I believe that my LGS is handing them out randomly so I doubt I'll be lucky t get my choicePosted in: Magic General
Jan 12, 2019I picked up 2 blackcleave cliffs and 1 cascade bluffs for 2 ensnaring bridge last night.Posted in: Modern
I know the bluffs are pretty cheap due to to relatively low play and a recent reprint but will the blackcleaves be a safe pickup for now? They're $55ish Canadian and the bridges are $60ish for the Masters 25 ones
Jan 12, 2019Posted in: ModernQuote from Galerion »Well if you want to play GDS it's certainly better to get reps in sooner than later. Deck is notorious for being difficult
I plan on putting it together after work tonight and hopefully getting some reps in over the enxt few weeks, At this point I need to get a lot of practice with whatever I need to play
Jan 12, 2019motleyslayer posted a message on Legends booster pack collation error - 3 extra raresThis is a fairly old thread, so I will be locking it. Please feel free to create a new one if you'd like to continue discussing the topicPosted in: Magic General
Jan 12, 2019Posted in: ModernQuote from FoodChainGoblins »Of the choices you listed, I would go with these in this order...
1. Traverse Shadow - you know how to play it well and it still is a solid deck in my opinion. I could be mistaken, as I don't really know how the recent meta changes affect it, but if you can beat UR Phoenix and KCI or hang with them, that's a plus.
2. Grixis Shadow - it is also a solid option. Not spectacular. Matt Sperling nearly ran it at the MCQ in Oakland, but won instead with UR Phoenix.
3. Speaking of Phoenix, I know it's not one of your options, but I would suggest it. My first 4 rounds at Oakland, I ran into this deck on the draw for me. I think this deck on the play (or probably otherwise) is a good place to be.
The next section may be a bit harsh and definitely biased -
1. Blue Moon is a worse Phoenix deck, UW Control can get it done, but a LOT, and I mean a LOT of things have to go your way, Jeskai is okay I guess, Grixis Control I believe is stronger than most people think; still it's pretty bad, and I would never try Abzan Traverse, even if it sounds fun. I literally had months where I looked forward to getting paired vs. one of these at my LGS (during the reign of G Shadow). The deck is SO weak to grave hate and has a terrible clock. It's really hard to Jund/Junk people out nowadays - too many angles.
I think I'm going to try and jam a bit with GDS before I say for sure. It's getting a bit close to the GP so I would prefer to have my choice locked in but I an hoping to get some people together to test for sure
Jan 11, 2019I'm going to Magicfest (as much as I still prefer the term "GP") Toronto Feb 8-10th this year and I'm still unsure what to play. I'll go over my options and a bit of thoughtsPosted in: Modern
1. 4C/ traverse shadow. I have a reasonable amount of success with this deck. Top4d a 28 person 1k event a few months ago and had a few other events where I cam close to prizing. I feel comfortable with this deck. I'm essentially on the jund splash blue for counterspells, I like the options it has, as it has a clock and stubborn denial in the main to protect against random nonsense and more counters in the side for specific matches.
2. mardu pyromancer. another deck I've done well with lately, top 4d a 16 person PPTQ. I like the threats it has and blood moon seems reasonable. Being able to t1 discard, t2 pyro if possible then flood the board or stall with blood moon is fun.
3. Grixis Deaths shadow. I haven't played this deck much in the past 6-7 months but it's been putting up numbers. I haven't played much of it myself so I don't know how I feel about it but I could grind it a lot over the next month to see. Has part of what I love about 4c shadow in a sense because it can counter nonsense.
4. traverse abzan. Probably not a real option but it's a deck that I really enjoy playing. I haven't played it at anything higher than a few FNMS so I might not have the reps with it but I could play it.
5. Blue moon/UW control/Jeskai control/grixis control. I haven't played any modern control deck in a while but I could jump on one of those for the GP. Grixis control is probably worse than GDS though.
so mostly midrange options. I know playing fair decks in modern isn't great right now but I tried jumping on the dredge train over the summer and just couldn't figure it out plus hated playing it
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.