It looks like Wizards accidentally printed some of the enemy signets in traditional foil, but then they went to social media and said "Don't worry guys, we corrected our mistake! You can rest assured that all of the signets that you get will be etched! :)"
Such a shame that they accidentally did something right, then went out of their way to undo it.
- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 7 months, and 17 days
Last active Tue, Jul, 27 2021 04:11:10
- 0 Followers
- 1,959 Total Posts
- 640 Thanks
Jul 17, 2021foam_dome posted a message on Secret Lair: Dan Frazier is Back: The Allied and Enemy SignetsPosted in: The Rumor Mill
Jul 8, 2021Posted in: The Rumor Mill
They want all types of dice on cards but that was too complicated for standard in commander/supplament it’s easier to do all other dice.
My thoughts exactly. It's easier to expand on the types of dice used in the Commander product because players who run these cards will come prepared for them.
It's a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.
So there isn't even a point to miss.
Please explain to me how it's a problem if players who run this card in their EDH deck need to bring a D12 with them.
Jul 8, 2021Posted in: The Rumor MillQuote from TheOnlyOne652089 »This is even worse.
Like a 6-sided dice, ok, maybe someone has one, not guaranteed.
A spin-down d20 ? sure somebody has one, almost guaranteed.
But a d12 ? Good luck ...
If you're running this in your deck, then chances are you've come prepared with a dice set.
Jul 6, 2021Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Every single trap type card is an instant
Boy, what a coincidence, right? I wonder why a subset of cards meant to catch the opponent by surprise would be instants?
Jun 30, 2021foam_dome posted a message on [AFR] Find the Path and Hunter's Mark— IGN previewsInteresting that Hunter's Mark doesn't say that it can't be countered "by spells or abilities," as spells with targets usually say. Maybe they're getting rid of that chunk of text going forward?Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Jun 24, 2021Posted in: The Rumor Mill
maro do you ever remember to read everything already shown before these? You did remember Dungeons was shown right?• a new enchantment subtype
1. Maro's not going to acknowledge an unintended leak, either directly or indirectly, nor do I expect him to particularly care if one of the teasers is already known. He's not gonna be like "Oh damn, the dungeon mechanic was already leaked on the internet, guess I'd better choose another teaser instead"
2. Not every Magic player knows about the leak in the first place, it's only known by people who go beyond official sources to look for Magic-related news and info.
3. Quit complaining about one (1) of the teasers already being known when there are nearly 30 others to speculate about. He could just go back to giving us zero teasers, would you like that better?Quote from Melriken »So we get...
• a new enchantment subtype (currently there are Auras, Cartouches, Curses, Runes, Shards ([[Niko Aris]]), Sagas, and Shrines) so this would have been a much bigger announcement a few years ago before... Runes, Cartouches, and Shards... also Dungeons was already known...
• a card that gives -11/-11... tragic slip makes this meh
• a creature with a death trigger that makes an equipment token... Harvest Hand
• a legendary creature that makes a legendary hamster creature token... so Hamster is a new creature type... but there are 13 cards that create legendary tokens, (two of which are legendary lands, one a legendary enchantment, one a legendary artifat, two legendary planeswalkers, and the other 7 are legendary creatures) so this is really nothing new (Kari Zev, Skyship Raider) (yes this is Minsc and boo... cool... not teaser worthy stuff...
• something only seen previously in Un-Sets... the cheese stands alone and barren Glory... this happens all the time.
• an artifact that's a musical instrument that creates harmony counters... I mean there were two whole cycles of verse counter enchantments in Urza's Saga... not exactly new territory ((https://scryfall.com/search?q=set:usg t:enchantment o:verse&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name))
• a card that can keep your opponent from winning the game... just like Platinum Angel
• an ability that cares about attacking with a certain amount of power of creatures... so a cross between Mosswort Bidge and Windbrisk Heights... I guess that might count as new... but not noteworthy
• cards that let you decide where the story goes... like Outpost Siege
• a card that creates a legendary creature token named Vecna... see legendary creature token comment above... also note that Cackling Counterpart and a host of other cards can make a legendary creature token named ((insert the name of a legendary creature from Magic))
• “Exchange your hand and library” Harness Infinity
• “Skeletons, Vampires and Zombies” undead slayer Death Baron
• “Spend this mana only to cast Dragon spells or activate abilities of Dragons.” Crucible of the spirit dragon
• “for each different mana value among nonland cards in your graveyard.” Agadeem's Awakening Seasons past
• “Then if you have fewer than three cards in hand, draw cards equal to the difference.” Damia, sage of stone skull raid
• “Whenever you cast a creature spell that doesn’t share a creature type with a creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard,” Guardian Project
• “You may cast [THIS CREATURE’S NAME] from your graveyard if a creature not named [THIS CREATURE’S NAME] died this turn.” Nether Traitor
• “When its power become 20 this way,” Figure of Destiny Primordial Hydra
Am I the only one extremely Meh about this?
Judging from everyone else talking about the type lines only... I guess not.
What is the point of this post?
The teasers are meant to bring attention to certain things that will be in the set. They're meant to make the players speculate on exactly what the set will include that utilize these snippets of info, and how they'll do so. The way you're phrasing this, it sounds like you believe that the purpose of these teasers is to highlight things in this set that the game of Magic has never done before, and failing because we've already seen some tangential variant of the teased effects before.
"Exchange your hand and library? Yawn, we already saw a similar effect on Harness Infinity. What is even the point of telling us this?"
The point is to generate excitement and discussion.
Jun 23, 2021That frame gives me some kind of cognitive dissonance. I don't dislike it, though.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Raging Ravine has trample?
Jun 19, 2021Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Yeah, I figured that Poole being the original artist for Library was one of the main reasons why they had him depict it in this Wasteland art in the first place. Definitely a really awesome choice.
Jun 19, 2021foam_dome posted a message on all 5 Phyrexian praetor in phyrexian language secret lair pricePosted in: The Rumor MillQuote from Dontrike »Did people translate Phyrexian to English yet?
There's an entire page about the Phyrexian language on the wiki.
Jun 18, 2021Posted in: The Rumor Mill
That was the first thing I noticed, I recognized those spires immediately! I was like "Is that a wasted Library of Alexandria?? I love it"
Jun 18, 2021foam_dome posted a message on Secret Lair: Saturday Morning D&D and Special Guests: Jen Bartel and Fiona StaplesOkay that Archaeomancer is kinda cute nglPosted in: The Rumor Mill
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Nov 30, 2017foam_dome posted a message on If You Can't Take Criticism of Jeremy Hambly, You're Part of the Problem"someone (Jeremy) had the audacity to criticize someone (Christine)and Criticism is Not Harassment no matter how some people wish to construe it as such."Posted in: Articles
Jeremy went far beyond objective criticism and publicly persecuted Christine for nearly a year. He may not have personally hounded her with hateful private messages, but his actions directly resulted in months of direct online harassment from his fan base. You can't seriously look at all the crap Jeremy said and not call it harassment. When you hold that much influence over such a large congregation of people, you have a basic responsibility to not give them the idea that these sorts of heinous actions are socially acceptable. He could have easily criticized Christine without his plethora of disparaging personal remarks against her, and without encouraging thousands of his followers to constantly flame her. The fact that he did do these things, and unapologetically so, is what makes it harassment.
"The protests, mobs, riots all a sign that someone is incapable of accepting the opinion of others."
You mean accepting the opinion that bullying, harassing, and dehumanizing innocent human beings is okay? Yeah no, that sort of mentality has no place in our society, and entertaining that line of thinking will only hold us back as a species.
"someone who disagreed with the Nazi party during there rain ended up at best in a concentration camp at worst with a bullet in there head."
If you think the experience of a Nazi concentration camp is the best case scenario compared to a quick and painless death, then I can't even fathom how detached you are from reality. I encourage you to quantum-leap into the body of an emaciated Jewish concentration camp prisoner circa 1944 and ask yourself, "Is this better than not suffering at all?"
"but the moment you stop respecting the opinion of others and start attacking, harassing them, posting there personal info and calling for a public lynching joust because thy sad something you don't agree with, that is the point I stop respecting you, that is the point you have become a Nazi"
Is that not exactly what Jeremy did?
"people can not differentiate between Nazi and centre right"
Actually, as the years have progressed, our Overton Window has been shifting steadily to the right. Democratic socialism (a mild leftist ideology) has become regarded as far-left, and centrism has become regarded as center-left. On the other side, traditional conservatism has shifted to the center of America's political spectrum, with semi-fascist ideologies occupying the moderate- to far-right.
In other words, the more that neo-Nazi ideologies become normalized and accepted as a valid political platform, the closer the center right drifts toward Nazism.
I don't call right-thinkers Nazis. I call Nazis Nazis. I know a lot of Trump voters with opinions that I strongly disagree with, and I don't call them Nazis because they're not Nazis. They don't believe in things like a one-party government or ethnic cleansing or the removal of basic human rights (except maybe health care, but that's an entirely different can of worms), so I can't in good conscience call them Nazis.
Do I think Jeremy is a Nazi? Not at the moment, because he hasn't shown me any reason to think he's a Nazi. But I do think he's a scumbag with a startling lack of empathy for other humans, and that his career as a psychologically abusive and hate-mongering content creator should be completely and utterly destroyed.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.