Quote from Ryperior74 »maro do you ever remember to read everything already shown before these? You did remember Dungeons was shown right?• a new enchantment subtype
1. Maro's not going to acknowledge an unintended leak, either directly or indirectly, nor do I expect him to particularly care if one of the teasers is already known. He's not gonna be like "Oh damn, the dungeon mechanic was already leaked on the internet, guess I'd better choose another teaser instead"
2. Not every Magic player knows about the leak in the first place, it's only known by people who go beyond official sources to look for Magic-related news and info.
3. Quit complaining about one (1) of the teasers already being known when there are nearly 30 others to speculate about. He could just go back to giving us zero teasers, would you like that better?
Quote from Melriken »So we get...
• a new enchantment subtype (currently there are Auras, Cartouches, Curses, Runes, Shards ([[Niko Aris]]), Sagas, and Shrines) so this would have been a much bigger announcement a few years ago before... Runes, Cartouches, and Shards... also Dungeons was already known...
• a card that gives -11/-11... tragic slip makes this meh
• a creature with a death trigger that makes an equipment token... Harvest Hand
• a legendary creature that makes a legendary hamster creature token... so Hamster is a new creature type... but there are 13 cards that create legendary tokens, (two of which are legendary lands, one a legendary enchantment, one a legendary artifat, two legendary planeswalkers, and the other 7 are legendary creatures) so this is really nothing new (Kari Zev, Skyship Raider) (yes this is Minsc and boo... cool... not teaser worthy stuff...
• something only seen previously in Un-Sets... the cheese stands alone and barren Glory... this happens all the time.
• an artifact that's a musical instrument that creates harmony counters... I mean there were two whole cycles of verse counter enchantments in Urza's Saga... not exactly new territory ((https://scryfall.com/search?q=set:usg t:enchantment o:verse&unique=cards&as=grid&order=name))
• a card that can keep your opponent from winning the game... just like Platinum Angel
• an ability that cares about attacking with a certain amount of power of creatures... so a cross between Mosswort Bidge and Windbrisk Heights... I guess that might count as new... but not noteworthy
• cards that let you decide where the story goes... like Outpost Siege
• a card that creates a legendary creature token named Vecna... see legendary creature token comment above... also note that Cackling Counterpart and a host of other cards can make a legendary creature token named ((insert the name of a legendary creature from Magic))
• “Exchange your hand and library” Harness Infinity
• “Skeletons, Vampires and Zombies” undead slayer Death Baron
• “Spend this mana only to cast Dragon spells or activate abilities of Dragons.” Crucible of the spirit dragon
• “for each different mana value among nonland cards in your graveyard.” Agadeem's Awakening Seasons past
• “Then if you have fewer than three cards in hand, draw cards equal to the difference.” Damia, sage of stone skull raid
• “Whenever you cast a creature spell that doesn’t share a creature type with a creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard,” Guardian Project
• “You may cast [THIS CREATURE’S NAME] from your graveyard if a creature not named [THIS CREATURE’S NAME] died this turn.” Nether Traitor
• “When its power become 20 this way,” Figure of Destiny Primordial Hydra
Am I the only one extremely Meh about this?
Judging from everyone else talking about the type lines only... I guess not.
What is the point of this post?
The teasers are meant to bring attention to certain things that will be in the set. They're meant to make the players speculate on exactly what the set will include that utilize these snippets of info, and how they'll do so. The way you're phrasing this, it sounds like you believe that the purpose of these teasers is to highlight things in this set that the game of Magic has never done before, and failing because we've already seen some tangential variant of the teased effects before.
"Exchange your hand and library? Yawn, we already saw a similar effect on Harness Infinity. What is even the point of telling us this?"
The point is to generate excitement and discussion.