Thanks, a lot! Your spreadsheet is spot on!
1) Hard to say which card would be replaced for Step Through; but I guess Salvager of Secrets would be the one. I'd be replacing a target for a tutor that could also grab the cheaper Archaeomancer. Since its MV is 5, Brainspoil would still have a recursion target besides Chronarch in desperate situations.
2) My interest in Unholy Heat and Bone Shards are more on the removal aspect of them than as outlets for CoA, though I cannot say how useful removing planeswalkers is when we have CoA on our side.
3) I Guess I'd run Lose Focus over Faerie Trickery, but since I already don't run it, I'm not interested on it right now. It does seem pretty good tbh.
4) My issue with Mental Journey is its MV, even though its an instant. Dihada's Ploy could be good, you're right.
- Registered User
Member for 10 days and 11 hours
Last active Sat, Jun, 12 2021 11:26:13
- 0 Followers
- 2 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jun 7, 2021Nanten91 posted a message on [[Primer]] [PAUPER] Crushing Dreams on a Budget - Child of Alara (UPDATE 07-2018!)Posted in: Variant Commander
Jun 4, 2021Nanten91 posted a message on [[Primer]] [PAUPER] Crushing Dreams on a Budget - Child of Alara (UPDATE 07-2018!)Hey guys!Posted in: Variant Commander
I've read the whole thread and fell in love with the deck and its concept! Here's my non-tested take on it:
What do you guys think about MH2? I feel like there are some contenders, or at least, alternatives:
Step Through A new wizard tutor! For people like Alexandre and I that are more combo-focused, I think this one is a slam dunk; I think I'd run it even in a more controllish build;
Unholy Heat How fast do you guys enable delirium? As I have little experience with the deck, I cannot tell for sure. Since it conveniently kills CoA, I guess it is usable;
Revolutionist A more expensive Salvager of Secrets. I don't think 5R is better than 3UU, so, I pass;
Echoing Return It does not have the utility of Grim Discovery, nor can we use it to its fullest potential;
Bone Shards It sacs CoA and removes planeswalkers. Personally, I might try swapping either Altar's Reap or Costly Plunder for it;
Lose Focus I'm guessing this one will be meta-dependent, can't think of any regular counter that I'd replace for this one;
Mental Journey Draw 3 late game or fix a land in the early game. Would I replace Deep Analysis or Secrets of the Golden City for it? Probably not;
Late to Dinner Interesting Ressurection effect, but from what I see in most of the latest builds, the deck no longer has any need for it.
What do guys think? Did I miss any other card? You guys evaluate cards brilliantly, so I'm eager to hear from you.
@Alexandre: Witch's Cottage would replace Mire, right? I'm not sure if I'd bother doing that, reaching 3 swamps for it and 3 islands for Sanctuary seem like a lot of work...
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.