Quote from Prophylaxis »Crop circles should probably claim at this point btw
Quote from ZeDorkSlipeur »@CC It's out of topic, but FYI, you had a legacy that remained after you faded away. I saw a few new players here (back then) use the word "honestly" as a scum-tell without themselves knowing they were parroting an argument you had made in a game some time before (at least I think it was you). Obligatory
Quote from Highroller »Still, nowhere near as terrible a decision as letting Vecna_Reborn be in charge.
Quote from xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »I wish to know @CC why DK would deserve a vote for this without any question and without engaging with him in an interaction, and why, when i subbed in you unvoted in P#355? Do you think a sub is changing AI?
Quote from WMU(BIGG) »Also, what impression do you have about your wagon I posted above and why didn't you show much stress for being voted?
Quote from ZDS when voting me »And no the irony of accusing him of doing what he's accusing Proph of doing is not lost on me. But there's my second issue with this post: whereas Proph is experimenting by looking for lurkers too early and is ******* up as a result, CC hides carefully in a dark corner and seems to mostly focus on not ******* up. To bring back the digestive track, Proph had guts, CC has none.
Quote from Me in response »The real difference here is that Proph put a target on half the players in the game for something that obviously isn't actually telling at all. It was clearly too early in the game to start lurker hunting as several of us hadn't even checked in. My accusation was against unjustified bandwagon votes, which is an accusation against just two players and is for a legitimate reason. As opposed to a meaningless accusation against half the town.
Quote from TheRealStinkyJoeTerry »@CropCircles: I couldn't help but notice you didn't take much of a stance on Vaimes in your recent catch up post. Whatcha got on Vaimes?
Quote from TheRealStinkyJoeTerry »Bah
CC didn't take my obvious bait. It just means that CC isn't obvious scum. Recalibrating...
Quote from ZDS »He gave DK a "Leaning scum read" so him being at the top (and getting the vote) is fine, but he gave JoeTerry a "Reading as mildly questionable" and Jack a "Reading as questionable". Based on CC's own words the order should be Dkings/Jack/JoeTerry, not Dkings/JoeTerry/Jack.
Quote from ZDS »Before anyone says I'm nitpicking, we are talking about someone who analysed the use of the words "but" and "though". Words matter to CropCircles. By the way, did you know a long time ago he single-handedly got the whole community to treat the word "honestly" as a scum-tell? Words matter to CropCircles.
Quote from Jackrito »I agree that low posters tend to be scum in most cases, but I did not think of you the type to scum hunt that way normally you towncore up and work backwards.
Quote from Jackrito »DK and JT are too low content to be valid trains just yet imo.
Quote from Jackrito »ZDS is in my town pile because of how much better he came off compared to CC if CC flips town I review him. possible they is bussing happening though because both are in bad spots now I think about it their engangement with each other just feels off to a degree.
Quote from dkingsland967 »Anyway, I'm sticking with my vote on Proph for now.
1) Holding onto my earlier stance that his "Poppin Bottles Theory" post was too tryhard.
2) He has emphasized one too many times that he's not familiar with the flavor (see more below).
3) He seems to be asking a lot of softball questions, and I haven't seen much follow-up.
4) He is doing a fair amount of sucking up to the long-time vets (ZDS, CC mostly)
5) Weird interactions with Grape on multiple levels. His defense of me and the posting gimmick was... odd?... especially since no one has been listening to Grape. Also, I found it curious he asked if he had ever seen scum!Grape, when Grape was scum in the most recent game Proph hosted.
Other players of note:
1. ZDS - didn't love his RVS vote on Grape (which actually looked serious to me), he's been over-zealous in explaining/defending his "gutsy" classification of Rodemy's early posts, way too early vanilla claim, seems to be way too wrapped up in flavor (Proph is going out of his way to ignore stuff like this by saying he's "unfamiliar"). I played in a game with scum!ZDS several years ago (Gatecrash), but his old account must have been deleted because his posts no longer exist in that thread and I'm a little miffed I can't do any comparisons.
2. Jackrito - more or less /barning Vaimes here. Also, his use of the word "gutsy" in reference to Rodemy in 92 pings just a bit, and his defense of Proph in 174 is bad (but my read on Proph could be clouding my judgment there).
3. Grapefruit - Weird interactions with Proph, poorly articulated defense of Highroller on page 2 (Vaimes hit him with a good question in 90). I may be personally biased on this though since he tried pushing me D1 for bad reasons in Modern when he was scum and I was town, and a little bit of that is mirrored here (namely downplaying the read as "weak").
4. Silver - I've only played with him once, but he seems really low presence compared to when he was town in Seasons. That's kinda all I have to say, though.
Joe Terry almost makes the list because of the RVS self-vote and the super weird Trump stuff, but he has one specific post that is making me hesitant that I'm not going to talk about right now for reasons.
Quote from Prophylaxis »kind of just want to poke cropcircles with sticks until he does something relevant
Quote from Prophylaxis »If you are town and think ZDS is scum, tell me why his actions come from a dishonest mindset.
Quote from Jackrito »If I was going to vote someone atm it would be CC because his posts and stance on ZDS and how it changed are just not making sense to me. His responses to ZDS after his weird as hell vote also match more with the over defensiveness that I was referring to eariler unlike Highroller who looks like he is really scum hunting in his responses. CC looks scared and lost and just doing simple replies like a deer in the headlights. ZDS comes out way ahead in their exchange and considering how much I push ZDS early most games that takes some doing.
Quote from ZeDorkSlipeur »
I can't wait to see your reaction to learning my alignment, whenever it's going to happen. Although I hope you aren't the type who always blames others for your own shortcomings.
In the meantime you should find a better (more constructive) way to spend your energy than addressing me these walls of text that I'm going to keep dismissing or ignoring.
Quote from Highroller »With regards to CropCircles, I don't know who CropCircles is. You say, "back in the day," so I assume this is an alternate account of someone, but I have no clue who it is.
Quote from ZeDorkSlipeur »I admit CC's "obviously rushed early wagon is bad" and "super early lurker hunting is bad" are technically stances. So is "lynching town is bad". That's how shallow these are. I refuse to consider these actual stances. They are non-stances.
Quote from Vaimes »Grape v soulread
Quote from Prophylaxis »@Axelrod/ZDS/Highroller I guess: This is probably useless to ask, but do you guys know how CropCircles played back in the day? He was way before my time and I know that he was the originator of many MTGS memes (I think like Daykill loran16 or someething was attributed to him IIRC, but I can't remember).
Kind of side-eyeing this post? Like if you're not a fan of me, why not actually vote me and interrogate me rather than like soft-accuse me like you did here?
His post feels overdefensive and I don't really see a reason why he thinks ZDS is scum in his counter-post.
Quote from Prophylaxis »@CropCircles -
1) You said that people who voted ZDS are "suspicious" but you're super quick to vote ZDS as soon as he attacks you. Why do you think ZDS is scum, and what do you now make of the people who were voting him early?
2) Given you've said that you're mostly observing, are there any strong observations on the 130 posts there have been so far? Do you have any thoughts on any player not named ZDS or me?