2) Crackling Drake: Shall we agree that 2x main os OK? I think this is the main tendency right now. I have doubts that it may be slow and high cost (we have 18 lands)
3) Pteramander: Why playing 2x of those over 2x Young Pyromancer or 2x Pyromancer Ascension? In my meta, the decks are playing the Ascension, but I'm not sure why it's used over the Pteramander or the Young Pyromancer. Also, regarding Games 2 and 3, Pteramander is a way worse card than Young Pyromancer (GY hate). Could you tell me why chose one over the other? Also, if I should face Mirror, Amulet Titan, Burn and Horde decks (spirits, goblins, merfolks...) what's best?
I used to play different decks in Legacy:
- Combo: ANT, Belcher, Cephalid, Reanimator
- Aggro: Burn, Boros, Infect, Maverick
- Tempo: Team America, Canadian
- Prison decks: Stax, Dragon Stompy
- Control: Pox, BUG
Therefore, I'm open to any deck in Modern as long as it's well suited to have good results. I'm less inclined to play UW control decks, but the rest is fine for me.
I've been a long time Legacy player with most of its pool, but I stopped playing 4-5 years ago. Now, I've restarted playing but shifted to Modern.
I've been playing Infect because I had most of the cards, but as the meta is becoming more Red I'm facing more problems. Moreover, I'd like to change a bit.
My meta is as follows:
- 15% Izzet Phoenix
- 12% Jund
- 10% Amulet
- 10% Burn
- 10% Bant Spirits
- 20% Tribals (Merfolks, Elves, Goblins...)
There may be some Scales, Green Tron, Blue Moon, Eldrazi and Taxes, Ad Nauseam,...
Notably, there is no Dredge for now, nor any Storm, Monored Phoenix, Hollow One or Grixis (and I don't expect them).
- Izzet Phoenix: it is performing great there
- Blue Moon: can be more suited, not sure
Feel free to offer a different option. I may consider an investment if it's worth the results.