Interesting topic. Here are some cards that could find a spot here :
driven // despair : it seems to be a cool reward for swarming strategies. Control decks seems to fear it a lot (discard that fumigate please...)
verdurous gearhulk : If the dryad seems too slow and fragile, this could be an interesting topcurve, able to spread enough counters to change a board state immediately.
Metallic mimic : not as strong as it is in typical tribal decks, but I think one or two could be tested. Producing 2/2 tokens insteade of 1/1 changes a lot of things.
Sideboard : I think golden demise could be considered. It's easy to get the blessing, and a one sided wrath might help against other creature decks.
- Silvos Solitaire
- Registered User
Member for 1 year, 5 months, and 4 days
Last active Thu, Jan, 17 2019 01:31:41
- 0 Followers
- 3 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Nov 24, 2017Silvos Solitaire posted a message on Animar, Soul of Elements (Fast Ancestral/Imperial Combo)Hello,Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
A few suggestions on cards I appreciate in my own Animar deck (a bit more value, less combo, but rather similar to yours).
Sylvan Ranger : good cantrip, can help fixing
Fauna Shaman, Chord of Calling : the toolbox is so impotant that any good tutor deserves a spot
Reclamation Sage : a really common target for tutors, having a direct disrupt for enchantments and artefacts that doesn't need to be flipped seems interesting.
Foul Emissary : pseudo impulse on a stick is a good deal
Solemn Simulacrum : typical value card, often free, but doesn't need Animar to be a good card.
Flametongue Kavu : a quite cheap creature removal that can be tutorised
Venser, Shaper Savant : delaying a wrath or bouncing a prison card can close the game, few people expect it for UU.
Surrak Dragonclaw : because counterspells are that annoying (and trample to Animar is not that futile)
Duplicant : a typical empath target, good removal
Dragonlord Atarka : a bit more expensive, but can ping vaarious beasts or a nasty planeswalker, it's another frequent tutor target.
Tell me if you have feedbacks to provide on any of these cards.
Aug 15, 2017Silvos Solitaire posted a message on Ghave, Guru of Spores - Attrition and Reanimation for valueHello,Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
I have played a lot with this fungus, and here are a few piece of advice I could share, seeing your list :
- Gaveh requires a huge amount of mana. He needs to come early on the field (otherwise, you don't do many things), and you often need to recast it several times. Many non infinite synergies require mana to work. So you could try many good one and two drops that ramp (utopia sprawl, llanowar elves and his friends, wall of roots, farseek...). I think that at least 15 pieces of ramp are mandatory.
- Your combo pieces are better when they cost few mana. It's already hard to keep Gaveh on the field, you can't wait a 6 drop in the following turn before doing anything. Realm seekers or sun titan seem too slow and have too low impact to be good in your list.
Some other cards that could be usefull :
- Young wolf, Strangleroot Geist : Undiying is a really cool ability, it makes creature combo with Gaveh on their own, both with infinite loop when they are helped or in a more fair way, when you need a mana sink.
- Winding Constrictor, hardened scales, Blood artist... Allows both combo and way to use your mana. I used corpsejack menace, but found it too costly to be worth. Same for Juniper order Ranger.
- Sigil Captain, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Earthcraft, Phyrexian Altar are all cards that allow the deck to do efficient and cool things. Tutors such as enlightened tutor, demonic tutor or eladamri's call help being more reliable if you can afford some of them.
Hope that could help, tell me how it works if you try any of these ideas.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.