I loved Growth Spiral because it digs either for lands or answers, and the ramp allow to draw-go on turn 3 with 4 mana up to counter something with Frilled Mystic. I'm going to bring this to my next FNM, but I'm asking myself a few questions :
- Lava Coil, even if it answers a lot of things in the format, is sorcery. Isn't Lightning Strike better ?
- Spell Pierce vs. Negate in the sideboard : seems better in a tempo shell, but isn't useful in control matchups, where you want to hardcounter even late wraths/Teferis.
- I actually prefer Curious Obsession to Chart a course because of the main-deck protection that allows the enchantment to stick. Going to see if it is worth it with the tests.
- Pteramander isn't so hard to adapt, turn 3-4 for 4 mana is quite frequent. Will replace it with Merfolk Branchwalker if it isn't good, but then the deck has no evasion.
- Mono Red is a bit fast for the deck... Is there any good lifegain in the colors ?
Will post the results of this week's testing, and we can discuss choices together