- Registered User
Member for 1 year, 3 months, and 16 days
Last active Wed, Jun, 20 2018 15:40:56
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 24, 2018Making a Nicol Bolas commander deck. Looking for a Thoughtseize type effect that effects all opponents instead of just one? or some type of effect to consistently make each opponent discard a card each turn or something.Posted in: Opinions & Polls
Aug 6, 2017If I equip Matter Reshaper with Skullclamp, It becomes a 4/1. But What happens when It dies? Do I draw two cards first or use Matter Reshaper's triggered ability first? Or do I choose? Or can I somehow abuse this by drawing one of the cards, then decide to reveal it as per Reshaper's ability?Posted in: Magic Rulings
Jul 19, 2017https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/697673#paperPosted in: Deckbuilding/Playtest Groups
So the win-con for this deck is Master of Cruelties and both Slip Through Space and Aqueous Form and some burn spells. It uses lots of card draw and a bit of mana ramp to get to this goal asap. almost all spells are just 1-2 mana.
I don't want to spend a ton on this deck, which prevents me from using stuff like Demonic Tutor. But any ideas or improvements let me know! (I haven't playtested this at all yet)
May 24, 2017Hello! I'm playing an Eldrazi deck here:Posted in: Magic General
My problem is: a friend plays Natural Order to play Progenitus on turn 3. (Because Llanowar Elves)
I want to be able to counter that somehow with the least amount of colored spells possible (devoid or straight up colorless). How can I do this?
Apr 11, 2017actually, with a few practice runs, Worm Harvest has proven really useful, especially since you can cast it from the graveyard and you can reuse the lands you're throwing away. Otherwise I could run out of lands and mill myself with Zombie Infestation. I agree it has a little too high of a mana cost, but I couldn't find a card that would work better in this situation.Posted in: Casual & Multiplayer Formats
Apr 9, 2017Hey ya'll!Posted in: Casual & Multiplayer Formats
Me and some friends wanted to make some $20 budget decks. I've got mine right here:
4 Treasure Hunt
2 Zombie Infestation
2 Diregraf Captain
2 Worm Harvest
4 Reliquary Tower
2 Faerie Conclave
3 Dismal Backwater
essentially I mulligan until I get a Treasure Hunt, Then discard cards for 2/2 zombie tokens with Zombie Infestation, and cast Worm Harvest to get some extra 1/1's. If I need to, I can get Diregraf Captain, and gain +1/+1 for each zombie, and he has deathtouch for any biggies with trample.
My weaknesses are:
1. Trample, I have only 2-4 max toughness on any creature. I can use Diregraf Captain but then i'll lose counters. anything cheap that can deathtouch them? even just an instant for one of them would be okay.
2. No life gain. is there a card that could get me life gain based on creatures on the battlefield or cards in the graveyard?
any Ideas appreciated:)
Mar 9, 2017Okay this on'es a doosie. I played Gonti's Machinations and my opponent had Ob Nixilis Reignited's Ult.(Target opponent gets an emblem with "Whenever a player draws a card, you lose 2 life.") He drew a card in his Beginning Phase, thus dealing me two damage, thus getting me a second energy counter on Gonti.Posted in: Magic Rulings
Since abilities can be used at instant speed, I used my two energy counters to steal 3 life from him (during his main phase). Thus bringing his Life Total to exactly 0. [He said your Life Total isn't accounted for until the end of your turn] So during his Attack Phase he attacked with everything and brought my life total down to -4.
- I looked at several other posts which stated that, in older rules: "Your Life Total isn't counted until the end of a Phase(main phase, attack phase, etc.)" but in newer rules: "Your Life total is counted immediately"
- My opponent said "Your Life Total isn't counted till the end of your turn" Therefore we both die and it would be a draw.
- I looked at the official rules themselves (704.5a) says "If a player has 0 or less life, he or she loses the game."
- Its very vague, but I would assume that means your life total is counted instantly therefore he lost the game before he attacked me. (or maybe because I have negative life he wins?)
I'm just confused about who would win. Because I know some cards that say stuff about having negative life... so that would mean you can survive if you have 0 or less life... I don't know. haha
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.