I actually like it. Sure 5m for a 3 loyalty is alright.
If you are worrying about Hour of Devastation, news flash most walkers die to it. Its like worrying your creatures die to Wrath of God and deciding not to play many creatures because of that reasoning.
Her plus will be handy as she can basically provide you with a 5+X life gain. Yes I'm counting her loyalty as a buffer for your life total.
Her 0, is an okay ability. It makes a 3/3 body which works with her plus ability. Consider its not a -1 ability. Also is Regisaur Alpha and Samut, Voice of Dissent just chopped liver or something?
I think people are underestimating that ultimate. It breaks stalemates if you need to swing to win the game but they have a few too many bodies protecting them. Also to those saying "Well why wouldn't I run Glorybringer instead." Yeah thats funny. Sometimes Glorybringer gets blocked by other flying creatures or fat creatures with reach. Being able to remove those flying/reaching blockers via Huatli, even as -1 or -2 is worth it.
Also I think people are forgetting about the planeswalker rule change. You could have both Huatli, Warrior Poet and Huatli, Dinosaur Knight in play for more dinosaur synergy.
- Registered User
Member for 4 years, 1 month, and 15 days
Last active Sun, Sep, 3 2017 16:26:13
- 0 Followers
- 39 Total Posts
- 15 Thanks
Sep 1, 2017Seems self explanatory to me. This is how people play for fun. There isn't some deep psychoanalysis needed to understand that. Same applies to Mill, Aggro, Midrange, Draw-Go, Tempo, Combo, etc, etc. Their fun is your annoyance, vice versa also applies of your fun being their annoyance. Why is this a topic again? Did the original poster have a bad day against a stax deck and wanted to vent?Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Aug 24, 2017Settle the Wreckage = While it does exile, it potentially ramps your opponent into a more favorable position than you. Yet it also allows you to permanently get rid of threats, outside of commanders of course, as exiling is one of those zones that is very hard to reclaim things from.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
The main assumption is that you wiped a board full of tokens, it presumes you were in the worst case scenario. While if you flip it on its head, you could wipe your own board of tokens that may not be able to do much so you decide to wipe the board and aggressively ramp. There is also the case where there is a couple of big threats spread out amongst your opponents and you can wipe the board this way while also being politically "nice" to them in the process.
Harvest Season is green, not white. That point would be much more valid if you are running a G/W/X deck. But if it lacks then the point is moot.
Aug 22, 2017Posted in: The Rumor Mill
If you remove their indestructibility like with Bonds of Mortality, you can make the Amonkhet and Theros gods walk the plank.Quote from Randy_M »Walk the Plank feels like it is trying for flavor/gameplay convergence, then just totally fails as it kills sphinxes, dragons, krakens, probably pterodacy type dinosaurs, even airships should they happen to be crewed on your turn. I really hope to someday see a consulate dreadnought walk the plank.
I'm not against it, as these kinds of situations are funny, but the exception here doesn't come close to making sense.
Aug 20, 2017Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Every format has its elitists, even casual formats like limited and commander. You don't throw everyone under the bus because of a few jerks.Quote from Dontrike »This is just dumb. The reason Legacy and Vintage are dying is because of that "elite" attitude that oozed from those formats for a while.
Aug 15, 2017Spiritfiredoc posted a message on [MTGO format] Edgar Markov Discussion (decklists, card choices, ban speculations)I dunno but each of the main four commanders on the boxes got an Oloro, Ageless Ascetic vibe and we all know how he turned out.Posted in: 1 vs 1 Commander
Aug 9, 2017Teferi's Protection.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Wow, just wow. I pinched myself because I thought I was dreaming when I saw phasing in the card text. I think they should consider using phasing more often. Because its the safety of blinking something in order to avoid its destruction but not the abusability of ETB or LTB effects.
Jul 29, 2017Spiritfiredoc posted a message on Commander 2017 announcement -- Only 4 decks, based on popular tribes, not color wheel!Well I know what I'm skipping. As I was hoping for other things like Eldrazi, Slivers, Rogues, Clerics, Shapeshifters, Spirits, Oozes, etc.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Feb 25, 2017Spiritfiredoc posted a message on Kaho, Minamo Historian, the best all purpose tutor not in blackThe library is only as bad as exile if you lack sufficient means to draw or tutor from your deck. If you have a reliable means to directly tutor up cards or draw/scry an obscene amount, the logic that the "library is as bad as exile" becomes a falsehood. If your commander can routinely tutor for something from the library, the library becomes a toolbox.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Feb 25, 2017Spiritfiredoc posted a message on Kaho, Minamo Historian, the best all purpose tutor not in blackPosted in: Commander (EDH)Quote from illakunsaa »Oh please.
2. Name this card for me.
3. Nobody plays cipher cards and being able to randomly hose extraplanar lens is not very relevant
4. If the meta plays Jhoira and you have bunch other reasons to play riftsweeper then maybe riftsweeper can be your 99th card.
5. Name this card for me.
Biggest problem with riftsweeper is that shuffling a card from exile to your library is more or less the same as the card just staying in exile. 2/2 for 2 is not playable even in a casual table. For the same mana you could play elvish visionary which cantrips and for 1 mana more you can play divination for +1 card advantage. At best it chumps a big creature which can be said for pretty much any creature.
1. Your win condition gets hit by something like Sadistic Sacrament or Jester's Cap. Rift Sweeper is in hand and you recover your win condition.
2. Dramatic Reversal, Counterspell, Mystical Tutor, Cyclonic Rift, Swan Song, etc.
3. You going to tell me no one runs Isochron Scepter, Stolen Identity, Whispering Madness, Extraplanar Lens, Duplicant, Knowledge Pool, Strata Scythe, Spellbinder, Prototype Portal?
4. Doesn't need to be against a Jhoira to mess with suspend cards. Wheel of Fate, Ancestral Vision, Reality Strobe, Living End, Lotus Bloom, Aeon Chronicler, Hypergenesis, Deep-Sea Kraken.
5. Displace, Ghostly Flicker, Mystical Tutor, Mystic Confluence, Cyclonic Rift, Insidious Will, Spell Crumple, Time Stop, Cryptic Command, Fact or Fiction, High Tide, Hinder, Mirror Match, Gather Specimens, Dig Through Time, Desertion, Turnabout, Engulf the Shore, Capsize, etc, etc, etc. Those sorts of cards.
6. I got one for you. Infinite mana combo involving Riftsweeper.
You are trying to compare card draw such as Elvish Visionary/Divination with Rift Sweeper. This comparison you made, that I visualize in my mind, is like comparing an apple to a meat patty and stating how the apple is better than the meat patty even though its an entirely different food group.
1. You stated a 2/2 for 2 wouldn't even see play in a casual setting. Alright then, is that how you also view: Eight-and-a-half-tails, Ethersworn Canonist, Eladamri, Lord of Leaves, Fauna Shaman, Gaddock Teeg, Grand Abolisher, Puresteel Paladin, Saffi Eriksdotter, etc?
2. You stated that returning a card from exile to your library was as good as keeping it in exile. Yet with sufficient card draw and/or tutors you can make up for that.
3. You stated at best it just chumps a creature but that is without factoring in the usefulness of his ETB which already makes up for that value. With grave recursion like Necromancy its not hard to do so and is also used as part of an infinite combo for mana with Riftsweeper.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.