GDS, phoenix, ad ad nauseam, UWx (because they are very surgical heavy nowadays), mardu etc.
There's a pretty active facebook page, so you may want to try that (search for "MTG - Modern Griselbrand Combo Decks")
- Registered User
Member for 5 years, 6 months, and 3 days
Last active Wed, Jun, 12 2019 01:58:00
- 0 Followers
- 477 Total Posts
- 38 Thanks
Apr 11, 2019glad to see it caught your eyes too Kathal I came to the same conclusion and drafted a mid rangey reanimator deck. turn 2 pentad, turn 3 pig/breach is pretty appealing to me.Posted in: Combo
let me know what you think
Jan 7, 2019Posted in: ComboQuote from Khomb »Quote from finalnub »Curious to hear what the Arclight versions are trying to solve. The deck loses to 1) clock+disruption and 2) GY hate. Adding the arclight package doesn't seem to help either cases
1. Add a main win condition in case that the combo gets difficult.
2. Add another wincon to make Surgical extraction less impactful. This deck with a SE literaly dies.
1. you don't have the density of 1 mana/free spells to enable phoenixes reliably. You'd probably have to go grixis for SV and play more manamorphoses. casting phoenixes fairly seems bad
2. half the time they keep a surgical/gy hate only hand and you just breach them into oblivion. saying that the deck dies on the spot against one surgical is an exaggeration. Also you can play chalice of the void for 1 and cover that angle plus many other angles if you want to go down that road.
Nov 24, 2018Posted in: ComboQuote from Lantern »Still updating it (I just got internet again!) Is there any new sideboard cards used against us? I think its still all the same old hate.
Also, aside from dredgevine and Hallow one... Is there any other dredge line decks that have popped up while I was gone?
Few notes: may or may not be relevant depending on how old your primer actually is
1) bant/UW spirits is now tier 1, and Remorseful Cleric in addition to RIP shows up from time to time
2) there are degenerate versions of UW with MD RIP
3) Need to be aware of Tormod's Crypts/Ravenous Traps increasing prevalence now because of dredge's resurgence and also because these are good as the non-symmetrical GY hate of choice in the arclight decks
4) Hardened Scales is a new and powerful tier 1 archetype and a fun/tricky matchup. They have the upside of being about to Stirrings for powerful hate cards (which in our context is ~2 cages and ~2 relics/tormod's
5) KCI is one of the best decks in the format now with Scrap Trawler's introduction and a better understanding of the stack.
hope some of this his helpful. thanks for the primer - one of the more informative primers i've seen.
Sep 25, 2018Posted in: Combo
Neonate is not a bad idea but it's a significantly worse card than our other enablers. and I think getting TWO in the gy rather than one is going to be much harder than we think. I'll be happy to be wrong and find out this card is busted if it is though..Quote from damnjoni »Sounds reasonable. Thought there could be a way to play it if I played Neonate in place of other discard. But that does make everything else worse, so it's an easy no-go.
I'll try Discovery, possibly with a Watery Grave in sb.
Also I highly doubt that Dispersal is worth splashing for, but who knows.
Sep 25, 2018Posted in: Combo
please share with the class when you have a list. I want to try it outQuote from Kathal »I would only run Secrets in the Ooze version, which got a ton of tools over the past few sets and might be overall on a higher power level than what the Shoal version offers, if we develop a refined list.
Sep 24, 2018Posted in: Combo
Grishoalbrand really only has 6 creatures that we are OK with/can put in the graveyard. I think we're going to have a pretty tough time turning it on consistently. Also it still attacks on the same axis as our plan A which is another reason why I'm not high on the card in this archetype.Quote from damnjoni »What do you think of having Mausoleum Secrets (http://mythicspoiler.com/grn/cards/mausoleumsecrets.html) as a one of to find Goryos Vengeance or Brutality? Too risky because we dont have enough creatures?
As someone has already said though, it pairs great with Living End if that's your cup of tea..
Sep 17, 2018Posted in: Combo
I had some problems drawing the wrong halves of the combo and consistency issues. It's still not great vs Humans because once they see As Foretold they're 100% going to name Living End. It's super fun though but It's liable to get run over by anything remotely linear and aggressive whereas Grishoalbrand at least has shoals that it can play to buffer life (I suppose Exarch does something similar). All said it's a fun deck and it is pretty high power level.Quote from dudu »What do you think about the goryo as foretold deck? You don't win with a Griselbrand into play but it seems to have more answares and has living end to wipe the board against humans and stuff like that.
Sep 17, 2018good point, although with a lot of people leaning towards RIP/leyline due to the rise of decks like storm/hollow/bridgevine I'm not sure whether going slightly off axis is worth it. I'd be curious to see what you come up with though.. I'd certainly like to give it a try but I have no experience with building the deckPosted in: Combo
BGx also lets you play Assassin's Trohpy..!
Sep 17, 2018So Discovery/Dispersal is certainly going to warrant testing for me. Between this, Notion Rain, and Doom Whisperer, I think we have a lot to digest here for a deck that hasn't gotten anything in a while (Brutality has been a good utility addition but not a card that fundamentally changed the deck.Posted in: Combo
Sep 11, 20181UB Rain of Notions - Surveil 2, draw 2, lose 2 life.Posted in: Combo
saw this making the rounds. Read the bones analog except surveil is obviously nuts in this deck. pieces of the puzzle is a close analog as well but there are many times where you just need a creature for your breach, especially if there's GY hate. seems interesting.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.