Quote from protoaddict »Quote from PurpleBlood »Feels like The Mirari Conjecture would be a nice one of. Like a Planeswalker, it's naturally good with taking turns. The first counter gets you back a card draw or counter, second one gets you another turn, last one probably wins you the game on the spot
It does feel over costed by one mana though.
There are a number of cards in this new set I like for the deck, that is not one of them. It just feels far to costly to do nothing the turn it comes into play, and if you have enough mana to cast it and a timewarp you probabaly are in position to win to begin with.
However this set does have a lot.
- Merfolk Trickster - Seems like it could be very good in a fast meta to deal with early attackers and can sub as a beater when needed.
- Naru Meha, Master Wizard - For our deck in particular, this might actually be a better snapcaster. Larger body and pumps your other snappys, but also comes down on turn 9 to copy a timewarp for 4 and leaves that copy in the yard to be recast with snapcaster. I cannot see me not using one of these in the future.
- Tempest Djinn - I am not as up on this as some of my friends but if you can land it on turn 3 in a mono blue list its a solid body that can go over the top and you really do not need many timewarps after that to close out the game.
- Time of Ice - This seems right where we want to be in a lot of ways. On turn 4 you disable a creatures while it is in play, which is what we have been doing with gigadrowse and cryptic for a while now, but the fact that it removes them from the board and can prevent attacks in the first place is huge. In a lot of ways it combines exhaustion and Gigdrowse into one card, but still combos with them on later turns.
- Dampening sphere - Sideboard of course, but so very good against things like urzatron. The anti storm tech hits us a little, but we can usually turn our way through it.
I think you are being way to optimistic. All of these except voor Dampening Sphere are too expensive and/or too slow without enough impact. Tempest Djinn might be an option, but probably not. Naru 'coming down on turn 9' is completely irrelevant, when we have 9 mana and a Time Warp almost any spell is good enough.