- Registered User
Member for 11 years, 6 months, and 2 days
Last active Fri, May, 11 2018 11:35:48
- 0 Followers
- 563 Total Posts
- 58 Thanks
Mar 14, 2018Ironhorse75 posted a message on My friend has rendered my monoblack deck useless, help?Red White you say? Sword of War and Peace will chop him up. It's also not dead to other players even if they're not on red white.Posted in: Modern
Mar 2, 2018https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/mtgochamp17/modern-decklists-2018-03-02Posted in: Control
MOCS lists are up. Corey cut down to a single Jace.
Feb 28, 2018Ironhorse75 posted a message on Which Jace, the Mind Sculptor shell is the most powerful?Posted in: ModernQuote from Mortal Coil »
Running a singleton Become Immense is always decent idea, too- especially if you do grab a Clique or two.
Not too bad on a Tar Pit either.
I'm interested to see where Gfabs goes with Sultai.
Feb 25, 20183mag5num7, your list is very similar to mine!Posted in: Midrange
DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards Lands
4x Polluted Delta
4x Verdant Catacombs
3x Blooming Marsh
2x Darkslick Shores
2x Creeping Tar Pit
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Watery Grave
1x Breeding Pool
2x Snapcaster Mage
2x Scavenging Ooze
2x Grim Flayer
1x Tasigur, the Golden Fang
3x Jace, The Mindsculptor
3x Liliana of the Veil
1x Liliana of the Last Hope
4x Fatal Push
2x Abrupt Decay
1x Hero's Downfall
3x Inquisition of Kozilek
2x Maelstrom Pulse
2x Nihil Spellbomb
3x Search for Azcanta
Sideboard is still being shaped and molded.
1. Flayer and Spellbomb package. Lifted from the Abzan lists before the unban. There is enough graveyard use out there that Spellbomb never feels dead in the main (Storm, Dredge, Snaps, Reveler, Delve). The synergy between Flayer, Azcanta, and Goyf feels really good. Goyf gets pretty big rather quickly. It's also nice using Flayer to wipe away Brainstorm chaff.
2. Azcanta over Serum Visions. It took me a while to get on board with this but I haven't looked back since. It's almost the perfect Bob replacement. We don't have the speed of red to close out games to mitigate the damage Bob gives.
3. Hero's Downfall is my flex spot. I've also had Murderous Cut, Go For The Throat, Collective Brutality, and an additional Thoughtseize in this spot.
4. I don't have any filter lands, hence the 3rd Blooming Marsh. Would I be better off with a Woodland Cemetary/Drowned Catacomb?
Feb 23, 2018Ironhorse75 posted a message on Which Jace, the Mind Sculptor shell is the most powerful?Not sure if it'll be the best shell but I've been having fun with BUG. I play a list very similar to Reid's Abzan with Jace, Snap, Azcanta, and permission in the side.Posted in: Modern
Sigrist has an article out on CFB discussing his journey with Jace last week playing a variety of decks. It just solidifies what we've been saying, that Jace will be best suited in a deck with hand disruption over permission.
Interested to see how GFabs tweaks his build.
The lists Hoogland and Davis (neither are their own creations) have streamed looked clunky and lacking refinement.
Feb 18, 2018Posted in: MidrangeQuote from smoresnbacon »Here's where I'm currently at with Jace:
@BK-V I tried to watch the Hoogland stream this morning, and then I was reminded why I don't watch him anymore. I agree with everything you said above, especially the part about Search for Azcanta. I cut Serum Visions entirely from my list as a result, and I don't think I'll be looking back anytime soon.
For those who haven't played Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, I encourage you to sleeve him up and give him a shot. I truly believe he works better in this shell than Snapcaster Mage a large majority of the time, since we're tapping out on our turn often.
22 lands my also seem a bit greedy in a shell without cantrips, but Search for Azcanta and Jace looting help us filter through the deck very quickly to find what we need.
I'm definitely going to try running 3x Azcanta without Serum. I'm running Flayer. I like the idea of being able to legend rule one into the yard to activate delirium. But even then, if you have a Sunken Ruin, you can still play Search because of the "may" clause.
I could never play Prodigy over Snap though. Even though we don't have nearly as many instants as other blue shells, I think it's invaluable to be able to Snap Decay a Blood Moon or Snap Push a creature with haste to protect your Jace.
Feb 14, 2018Posted in: Modern
I think you're jumping through too many hoops. Slamming a Supreme Verdict seems better than having to stick a Jace and brainstorm for a miracle.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.