Quote from dion2nd »Quote from Shabmaster »I'm glad someone else understands the power of this card.
1. No chandra flame caller. At that point in the game you should have already stomped them with eldrazi. Replace them with Torch of defiance. Torch stabilizes the board with her creature removal, and helps with triple red with her +.
2. Definitely run 4 copies of indomitable creativity.
3. I'm not sure this deck wants to be WR. Consider blue or black for more of a control shell (blacks fatal push alone makes you want to splash it), and blue for card draw and counters needed for this deck to work.
4. Make sure with the manabase that you will always be able to cast for triple red.
1. From my testing so far, big Chandra works better on the curve, as small Chandra shares the slot with other walkers. Token production is a bonus.
2. Agree on going 4x with creativity. Will probably drop shock to go 4x Oath and 4x Vessel as well for consistency.
3. Tried UR with investigate spells (Jace's scrutiny and Press for answers) but the deck feels more reactive / long game oriented. I prefer the alt-wincon of early Gideon pressure.
Black has very little token producers.
4. RRR is easy with 8 duals and Vessel of volatility
I think possible blue splash is important because this deck is too easily defeated by a blue control deck, and a plates of negates (even in the sideboard) as well as other counter magic could help make this deck viable in that matchup.