Quote from Nightshade1233 »But... What if Nahiri didn't come for revenge, but was corrupted by the same entity that corrupted Avacyn?
In the UR article we see a woman getting a fit of rage whrn Avacyn is near, what if something similar happened to Nahiri and twisted her quest for answers into a quest for revenge?
Actually not by luring Emrakul, but by freeing an ancient creature that dwelled on Innistrad and was imprisoned... In the moon...
So... The theory goes like this:
- An extremely powerful entity was imprisoned in Innistrad moon somehow.
- The creature managed to detach a piece of moon and throw it on Innistrad (that became the Helvault).
- With the Helvault destroyed the prison is breached (at least in part) and the entity can look for minds to corrupt/command.
- Nahiri enters the plane looking for Sorin and the mind sees that she created the Hedrons on Zendikar and by using her lithomancy, the creature sees a way to escape her prison.
-The creature twists Nahiri's mind into a murderous and vengeful rage.
- Nahiri is corrupted and starts making Cryptoliths around channeling the mana of the plane to do the creature's bidding.
- Using cryptolith network the creature manages to corrupt the minds of Avacyn and of the people on Innistrad.
So... What if Nahiri is just an unwilling victim?