- Registered User
Member for 3 years, 4 months, and 9 days
Last active Mon, Jan, 21 2019 21:46:08
- 0 Followers
- 368 Total Posts
- 34 Thanks
Jan 21, 2019I’ve wondered how necessary Gryff was as well. Seems kinda irrelevant to the overall strategy of providing quick pressure then closing out the game. It’s just a vanilla monster that draws a card. No other real impact/synergy. I like the idea of using Thorn of Amethyst, but you’d probably have to make room for the full set to reap its benefits. Maybe cut the Gryff and both Chalices for 3 Thorn, then make one other cut for the 4th? It sucks by making hardcasting Powder cost 4. Maybe Trinisphere is worth a look as well?Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Jan 21, 2019Shea, saw you got 4th in the Modern Challenge! Congrats! This deck looks sweet. I was playing Colorless Eldrazi Stompy, but think I may make the conversion to Dimir. Would be interested in getting your take on certain matchups/sideboarding and to watch some gameplay.Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Jan 15, 2019This list posted a 5-0 today:Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Jan 6, 2019Played the 8 Rabble version at GP Oakland. Started 4–1 then lost two straight to miss out on Day 2. :/Posted in: Control
R1: Beat UR Phoenix 2-1
R2: Beat Elves 2-0
R3: Beat KCI 2-1
R4: Lost to Thopter-Sword Prison 1-2
R5: Beat Elves 2-1
R6: Lost to Storm 1-2
R7: Lost to Scapeshift 0-2 (this matchup seems miserable if you can’t find Blood Moon)
Aside from Scapeshift, all my losses were very close. Scapeshift always killed me the turn before I had lethal.
Dec 18, 2018You’re awesome. Thank you again. One more (probably obvious) question:Posted in: Cube Lists
Do you provide basics? If so, which do you use and are they stored with the rest of the cube? Since my collection is rather vast I’ve been tasked with building a cube for a housewarming party for a group of friends. I appreciate all advice!
Dec 18, 2018Thanks for the reply! That really helps.Posted in: Cube Lists
I remember a few of the other questions I was going to ask.
1. What do you do when cards from your cube are part of playsets? Do you take them out of your cube and use them for decks or do you keep the cube intact? The reason I ask is because for the more expensive cards it’s hard for me to justify owning 5 copies lol.
2. Where do you get the storage box for your cube? I like the wooden one you have. Would be nice to get something neat for storage.
3. Do you typically prefer OG foils for cards or promos? What about Alpha/Beta vs judge promos (for something like Demonic Tutor, for instance). I prefer the oldest printing possible, or typically whatever is most valuable.
Dec 18, 2018Hey there. First of all I just want to commend you for all the hard work and diligence put into this thread.Posted in: Cube Lists
I’m brand new to cubing and am using your cube list as a starting point. A few questions I’m hoping you can answer:
1. If I want to add some cards, is there typically a multiple by which you increase each color? Say, for example, I want to add Avenger of Zendikar to green. Does that mean I’d have to add another card to each color? Is it better to add 5, 10, etc to each color instead of 1?
2. Are miracle cards typically not great in cube due to lack of library manipulation? There’s a bit of scrying/card draw in your cube list but I don’t think I saw any miracle cards.
3. You’re fully powered so I’m assuming there aren’t any budget restrictions or cards you would add if money wasn’t an issue?
I had a list of things I wanted to ask but have forgotten the rest. I’m sure it’ll come to me.
Thanks in advance.
Dec 8, 2018Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)Quote from ElvesotShelves »It's like saying, oh I want to splash green in uw control, and pretending you didn't or shouldn't be in the bant control thread. Not everyone builds a deck like you. Some people enjoy the challenges of even a mono-colored deck. Let's even pretend your blue splash revolutionizes the deck. Are people going to call it orzhov control with a blue splash. No, they're going to call it Esper. And what you lost? People that want to build orzhov control are reading about Esper control. They're not going y
to contribute orzhov thoughts in an Esper thread. It is imperative that you see the big picture here and keep boards organized. It will keep the thread alive with people who may not have even played magic yet who simply want to build an orzhov deck.
You spit in the face of every orzhov player out there when you talk of colors that aren't orzhov in an orzhov thread.
You should probably chill the **** out. You “spit in the face” of every decent human being. Academy Award nomination for best actor in a drama, though.
Dec 6, 2018Nice. What else do you bring in if you’re cutting 8 cards?Posted in: Control
Dec 5, 2018Been playing the 8 Rabble version to some decent success online. Only problem I’ve faced so far is - wait for it - Jund. I know this matchup just sucks but has anyone found any success against it? Any good tech?Posted in: Control
Nov 24, 2018Yeah not really even sure why this guy bothered creating a thread when his deck is clearly perfect and he never loses. Everyone should play this deck. As is. No suggestions necessary.Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Have fun double and triple posting your FNM results because nobody is going to bother to reply anymore.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.