- Registered User
Member for 12 years, 1 month, and 17 days
Last active Fri, Feb, 15 2019 10:30:04
- 0 Followers
- 3,622 Total Posts
- 217 Thanks
Feb 13, 2019Has anyone noticed that as soon as a trade is initiated, some cards will immediately have a jump or a drop in value? This might only be noticeable on Gold Accounts, which have the benefit to see a cards gains and losses. I just find it odd that the jump happens immediately, like their algorithm changes that quickly from when your accept the trade. Anyone have any clue why this happens?Posted in: Market Street Café
Jan 29, 2019Stoogeslap posted a message on Masterpieces are missing from Master Sets or what WotC is missing out onI just had an interesting thought... why aren't there Masterpieces in the Master Sets?Posted in: Magic General
I have an idea about how they would look that is not only simple, but very iconic & would be a throwback:
Why not have the Masterpieces be in the old, original borders, but as foils? I think it would be sicks to see Modern Staples in the old border, but all shiny with a mixture of new art and iconic old art. Just think about it, cards like Stoneforge Mystic or Fatal Push or Coalition Relic in the classic borders (btw, those are just Modern cards pulled out of thin air, any example would do).
My next thought/question is:
Would you be excited for this idea? And what if the exuberant price per pack did not increase? Would it be a great selling point? With the small print run that Master Sets already take on, these would be extreme chase cards. I'm talking only about 1,000 copies of each one circulating around the world. That's it.
Thoughts? Ideas? Complications?
Jan 12, 2019Stoogeslap posted a message on Is it just me, or are there almost no constructed playable Common cards in RNA?Might just be you and a few others... seams like a majority of posters here really like some of the commons... I mean just look at the attachment to this response. As a casual player who owns over 120 decks, about 40 Commander decks, 3 pauper decks, and about 15 Tiny Leaders, there is a lot of use for even the commons (not including Gates or Lockets).Posted in: New Card Discussion
You know how I discovered that there were some great commons in GRN and DOM? Arena... 'nuff said *drops the mic*
But all seriousness, when you have free opportunities to draft online, you experiment; try out cards you never thought about using. Do you play Arena? If you do, you'll catch my drift after some time passes... and if you don't, download the open Beta: you have nothing to lose except a little free time.
I challenge you to come back to this post in 1 month, 2 months, and then in three months. I bet you'll do a 180 at least in 3 months... join the Empire; travel to exotic planets; meet new races... and kill them...
Jan 11, 2019Stoogeslap posted a message on Ravnica Allegiance: Gimme your Top 10's for R, UnC & C + Top 5 for MythicsHaven't looked over everyone's lists yet (so not to get influenced)... My list will now be in the OP.Posted in: New Card Discussion
Jan 10, 2019Posted in: Market Street CaféQuote from mahdogg »Glitch on MTGStocks? TCGP still shows realistic values. I only looked up Interloper, but TCGP shows Foil Market at $.10, with copies readily available at $.05.
Nope, not a glitch... look at the foil market prices on TCGPlayer. I did the HW & checked it out before I posted here.
Jan 9, 2019Stoogeslap posted a message on Ravnica Allegiance: Gimme your Top 10's for R, UnC & C + Top 5 for MythicsHoly cow... So much good stuff. Still have another 108 to go... Maybe even change it to Top 10 for rares, uncommons & commons [3 categories] while having Top 5 for Mythics. Is there a new design team?!?!?! Things (overall, just MY opinion) have gotten so much juicier since Ixalan block. This is good time to play Magic.Posted in: New Card Discussion
As more cards come in, feel free to change up your lists.
I'm going to add my list near the end, but feel free to post whatever and whenever.
Side note: these are opinions, not facts, so please refrain from insulting anothers choice. One man's trash is anothers treasure, right?
My NEW, FUNKY FRESH list in no particular order - that's too much work, lol:
1. Skarrgan Hellkite Another highly payable dragon. Always welcomed
2. Biogenic Ooze Even though I said "no particular order" this would make my Top 3 of the set
3. Captive Audience Downright mean... I'm never a bully, but cards like put in a bully's shoes for just a sec
4. Domri, Chaos Bringer I have a good amount of RG creature heavy decks for him
5. Emergency Power Wow... just wow... almost like a free Timetwister when you get a creature out of it
Runner Ups - actually just about ties w/ above top 5 3 TOTAL:
A) Hydroid Krasis So much love: card draw, life gain, +1/+1 counters, flaying, trample... it's mutant Superman
B) Prime Speaker Vannifar I love making new decks, but the $$$ slow down the builds... making a UG "tool box" creature deck that takes advantage of Vannifar
C) Ravager Wurm Goes commando to the Commander... doooes your wurm hang low, does it wobble to your toes...
1. Judith, the Scourge Diva Great in so many ways: sacrifice effects, when my dude dies, board-wipe final slap
2. Font of Agonies Auto-include in my Suicide Black deck
3. Gutterbones Creatures that self-reanimate are awesome
4. End-Raze Forerunners Have a deck of green, splashy massive creatures. This is an awesome finisher
5. Incubation Druid... I love ramp, what else is there to say (oh, ramp that swing is better)
6. Bedevil Amazing removal (probably a chase card for the set) & a lot of cards w/ costs of XXY are typically great
7. Biomancer's Familiar Ways to reduce activated costs are too few & this one can do a lot to boot
8. Cindervines Not just a cool constant effect, but targeted removal for pesky artifacts & enchantments
9. Deputy of Detentions Removal on a stick will find a home in a few decks
10. Ethereal Absolution can get meaner and meaner when more than 1 copy drop
Funner-ups (3 total)
I) Hero of Precinct One Love multi-color interactions and token generators
II} Kaya's Wrath Cool board wipe, but color heavy so not really splashable. The life gain is a super upside though
1. Forbidding Spirit Blinkable pillow fort!!!
2. Essence Capture 2cc counter that makes a dude bigger?!?! I'm in!
3. Bankrupt in Blood Card draw is very important to my decks, so a deck w/ sacrifice effects will love this
4. Light Up the Stage Awesome card draw in an aggro deck
5. Fireblade Artist haste, bear (2/2) body, a sac outlet, direct damage to a player - a lot in a small package
6. Wilderness Reclamation It's almost like having twice as much as land as you actually see
7. Frilled Mystic Tougher Mystic Snake, gives control in a creature-based deck
8. Gyre Engineer As previously stated here, love mana dorks (called it "ramp" above)
9. Macabre Mockery it's instant speed... Instant Speed... INSTANT SPEED... *a'chem* love combat tricks
10. Rhythm of the wild Just hates on control deck - can be main-decked for Riot granting effect
1. Expose to Daylight Instant removal w/ scry at common. Lovin' it.
2. Justiciar's Portal Another white blink effect (gets out of binds) w/ 1st strike combat trick! Love it!
3. Humongulus Fbhtht on steroids!!! (sorry, didn't bother to look up the correct spelling of it's name)
4. Plague Wight Having all creatures block it while everything else sneaks by
5. Cavalcade of Calamity Now I just have to build a Defender's deck w/ toughness damage
6. Goblin Gathering Another deck idea... find ways to keep casting/copying it after the second one has been cast
7. Skewer the Critics Always happy for a new Bolt-esque card
8. Applied Biomancy Combat tricks!!! Get'em when they least expect it
9. Final Payment Superb removal for a sacrifice deck, life-gain deck, or BW suicide deck
10. Rubblebelt Runner so many times in limited (even in constructed) games get drawn out by too many tokens
FINAL VERDICT: There is soooo much love and enjoyment in this set. I'm out of time right now, but will add some (possible) runner-ups for uncommons & commons later. And honestly, I could have gone w/ Top 15 or Top 20... there are some tough decisions to make here. I even left out 2 awesome Planeswalkers (Dovin and Kaya). Will be interesting to read (now) the responses of others and maybe hear some feedback on my choices.
Thank you all (so far) for participating and for those who still haven't added a list, don't be shy!
Jan 9, 2019Posted in: The Rumor MillQuote from Dunharrow »It's too bad. I think it is a good idea, but a bad card.
If this is for ramp, wouldn't you play Gilded Lotus?
If this is for card draw, wouldn't you just play card draw?
To me, it seems bad to cast this on turn 5 and wait for turn 6 to potentially draw one card.
If this added 2 mana, it could be a card.
If it cost 4 mana, it could potentially come down early enough to be played in Commander and limited.
You only play this in limited if you have ambitious mana requirements. Should not be played in constructed.
Why not play both? In Commander you can tell the men from the boys by the price [size] of their toys (as quote by Troy... 00:49 mark)
I say, the more the merrier...
Jan 9, 2019Ooze tribal! Ooze tribal! OOZE TRIBAL!!!Posted in: The Rumor Mill
And I was just runnin' out of deck ideas... time to build some fun!!!
This is what I have come up with:
Jan 9, 2019Oh joy... lol... as The Joker would put it, where does he get such wonderful toys? This is brutal and nasty... especially if you keep bouncing it every 4th turn after it is cast. This will turn around any game in limited to your advantage.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Jan 9, 2019Quite happy w/ the multi-color artifact-Lord-like-thingee... especially happen it isn't legendary. I run a lot of multi-colored decks, as well as multi-color Commander decks. Hell, it'll fill a slot (maybe) in a few Tiny Leaders decks.Posted in: The Rumor Mill
Funny how a card's design can be so darn simple; and you wonder why wasn't it thought up earlier. Believe me, w/ some of the designs for Magic cards I have made, I am in awe that some simple designs still haven't been implemented yet. Or maybe they're just in a "good ideas" bank, waiting for the right set to come along and claim them... anyhoo, back on topic: a great card for the casual crowd.
Jan 9, 2019Stoogeslap posted a message on Loss of words for price jumps or not worth reporting anymore?That is why I jumped on the Puca Trade band wagon early... gave me access to cards that were rarely ever seen in trade binders or that you would have to cough up an arm and a deck for at a brick n' mortar... but w/ the spikes, it's now very difficult to get Reserved List cards sent for 2 reasons: 1) the prices are already insane & 2) fear of a ransom spike keeps the RL cards in their binders. I know I had made some mistakes sending out cards from the RL that weren't ABU or Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I didn't think there would be spikes that were harsh after The Dark. Learned my lesson (like many others did).Posted in: Market Street Café
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Nov 27, 2018This has been a lot of fun each year that I have participated. I'd like to re-emphasize a point: please make sure you chose a nice, playable card. As silly as Vizzerdrix is, this over-costed vanilla blue dude is not playable, no matter how much you dress him up as Santa. I am not naming names, but I have gotten some really meh cards in the past that are still collecting cob webs in my binder. The card(s) do not necessarily need to be valuable, but at the least playable. You know how stokes I would be if I got a Sign in Blood that is pimped out.Posted in: Articles
Also (luckily I haven't seen this), please do not decorate HP or damaged cards. All the gorgeous artwork isn't going to make up for a crease from being bent in half or cover up the hole marks when your dog bit your Lightning Bolt.
Please do not cover up the text box w/ art or anything else. We will have seasoned players as well as the novice players (possibly) participating. Most of us know how Counterspell or Swords to Plowshares works, but some newer players who might be starting off w/ Standard may not know these cards, no matter how classic they are.
And lastly, this is important too, please takes photos of your cards before sending out because not everyone will post scans of what they got. I made this mistake last year and the lucky geek who got my alters still hasn't posted them (if you are reading this, it's never too late, lol).
Look forward to a lot (I hope) of participants. Let's make this the best Holiday Card Exchange the best one yet!!!
Feb 7, 2014My gripes that I hope will/can be fixed:Posted in: Announcements
- Custom titles for the "archmage overlords" have been snipped to 30 characters or less and (to my experience), cannot have a color outside of black.
- Where did the itrader go? I used that a lot... needs to come back. I found something similar, but it asks for "one card" I am looking for. itrader could search up to 10 cards.
- The "curse premium" ad on the top... do not like to see a reminder about a service with a fee that doesn't add much to this particular site
- Thread that have new posts are no longer bolded... the bolded look gave a visual clue to new posts in the thread that I (the current user) has not seen.
- So far, there's not area/section at the bottom of a thread listing the members and guests reading/reviewing the thread.
- The fonts are too light (for the light skin). I'd like to see the fonts darken up a bit for easiness to read. The fonts are too thin as a whole, which makes the black appear dark gray.
- The "would you still like to leave this site..." Y/N bubble when going to a linked site. It is unnecessary.
- So far an image has to be really tiny to upload... a 16.2kb jpeg was "too big" to upload... what gives?
Feb 4, 2014My favorite card is Sensei's Divining Top... just being able to see what's coming to anticipate the new few moves is a big help. I actually played it a few nights ago in a casual game verses my girlfriend, and she actually voiced that she didn't like the card. She knew right away the edge it was giving me... and she's a new player!Posted in: Announcements
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.