- Dowsing Dagger (Pretty meh if you don't have it exactly on turn 2 following a 1-drop)
- Phyrexian Tower (Actually not needed. Also colorless sources REALLY suck here)
- Cavern Harpy (Holding a ninja enabler is better than losing tempo by playing this card)
- Spire Owl (I'm replacing it with something cheaper and better)
- Triton Shorestalker (also replacing this with something better)
- Elder Deep-Fiend (It costs a lot for what is essentially a limited reactive play.
- Reality Shift (I'm doing a slight... shift towards less costly (in mana) removal
- Xenograft (with more ninjas, this card isn't actually necessary)
- Halimar Depths (This card is not worth having it enter tapped. Even the temple will get cut someday)
- Strip Mine (This is only here for maze, and now you have more ways of overcoming maze. Chasm isn't an issue if you can attack someone else as it doesn't prevent loss of life)
I am going down to a pretty dangerously low 32 lands, but this deck runs on so little mana and carries so much draw and manipulation to find them. Also you never want to flip too many lands unless you need to hit land drops.
+ Azra Smokeshaper (2 mana ninjutsu)
+ Prismatic Vista (fetch for either color)
+ Faerie Seer (Utterly busted 1-drop enabler for ninjas)
+ Changeling Outcast (Utterly busted 1-drop enabler for ninjas) - This card I believe should also make Higure much better as a means of recovering from setbacks.
+ Fallen Shinobi (Getting two cards is insane value, even if it is a 4-drop)
+ Ingenious Infiltrator (draws a metric ton of cards)
+ Phantom Ninja (requires no setup)
+ Smoke Shroud (This card I think is the best evasion aura due to it automatically coming back. The ideal scenario is to discard it to hand size early)
+ Force of Despair (More free removal)
+ River of Tears (Not the best dual, but still barely better than Sunken Ruins and always taps for blue except on turns 1 and 2)
The addition of more ninjas and free spells is a godsend for this deck. Between paying for enablers and ninja costs, you often don't have much mana to hold up for responses, but you can usually spare a card or two.
I am also looking into getting a Force of Negation as an alternative to regular Negate for this deck.
- Registered User
Member for 4 years, 2 months, and 19 days
Last active Mon, Jun, 24 2019 17:48:38
- 1 Follower
- 1,578 Total Posts
- 235 Thanks
Jun 23, 2019plushpenguin posted a message on Yuriko, The Tiger's Shadow: Your 2 mana Hydra Omnivore (that draws you cards)Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Jun 10, 2019Now that Ancient Tomb got cheaper, I think the only optimized deck I play at this point that doesn't run it is Yuriko because like Edric the colorless is almost not worth having given the color requirements of the deck. Ring is still okay but my first 3-4 turns NEED to be colored sources.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
That deck only runs a single Strip Mine effect and a Blinkmoth Nexus for colorless sources.
Now that I think about it, even Xenagod doesn't always care about not finding it after drawing 12. However, it does help when your hand is mostly situational cards and you sacced a big body just to draw into a followup that is less situational. However, that deck is built to tutor Ancient Tomb big time and that is always the first target of a land tutor.
Jun 8, 2019Most decks really shouldn't need 40 cards in hand.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
However, I still run it in Xenagod because you want to be able to keep making land drops as you will want to back up your aggression. Also, you tend to overdraw when you draw big. It isn't the worst outcome if you don't find it though.
The other reason is pure intimidation factor, although it probably doesn't need the help there. The deck is also simple enough that having a lot of cards doesn't slow down play much.
Jun 8, 2019plushpenguin posted a message on Marchesa, Marionette Master - Undying Robots EDH Affinity+ Scrapyard RecombinerPosted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
+ Yawgmoth, Thran Physician - A sac outlet that kills things AND draws cards for no further mana input? Insane.
- Midnight Reaper - Yawgs is better
- Arcbound Slith - Recombiner is better.
Just cutting good cards for even better cards.
Tribute Mage is very much equal in weight to Imperial Recruiter in this deck. Both get ravager and both get one of the two best wincons. Finding cuts is VERY hard. Trinket getting ring and clamp alone makes it worth it.
Jun 6, 2019I love changeling decks. Using Ur-dragon is ideal here because the cost reduction + drawing cards on creatures attacking is needed gas because changelings themselves are weak individually.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Ever find space for something like Kindred Discovery or Knight Exemplar? You have so many options, which is the nice thing about a deck like this. Is Scourge of Valkas hard to cast here? It may need some manabase adjustments but the potential is there.
These decks are never really too strong, but they're amusing to watch and can still pull off wins.
Jun 6, 2019plushpenguin posted a message on Time to tally up our wishlists for Modern Horizons.All the lands when applicable in my decks.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Almost all of the ninja archetype cards and its supporting cast.
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician and Scrapyard Recombiner for Marchesaffinity..
Enemy color talismans for various decks.
Jun 3, 2019It is basically a much weaker Partial Paris because we can only bottom cards when going below seven in the first place and only a very limited number.Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Sure, combo decks could theoretically find their pieces more often, but if they mulligan too much then they are down too many cards if that plan fails.
May 31, 2019plushpenguin posted a message on Solrune's Marchesa, the Black Rose (Flipping Thrones in Multiplayer)You should run Yawgmoth as a sac outlet. It isn't often that you get a free sac outlet that has the effect of drawing a card. (and also killing your opponent's things)Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
I plan on putting it in mine.
May 31, 2019plushpenguin posted a message on Yuriko, The Tiger's Shadow: Your 2 mana Hydra Omnivore (that draws you cards)Cards that are INPosted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
- Prismatic Vista - No explanation needed here
- Faerie Seer - Utterly busted evasive 1 drop for ninjas
- Ingenious Infiltrator - Better than Deep-Hours
- Changeling Outcast - Utterly busted evasive 1-drop for ninjas
- Fallen Shinobi - The damage trigger has a very high ceiling despite costing 4 mana to sneak in. Notably, it can play lands
- Azra Smokeshaper - 2 mana ninjutsu. Probably the only other ninjutsu ninja I have space for in the deck
- Phantom Ninja - Unblockable. Requires no setup.
Cards that are big MAYBES
- Smoke Shroud - Coming back for free is huge. If I need extra evasion, first to consider. Discarding this to hand size sounds awesome.
Cards that won't make it
Mist-Syndicate Naga: I won't always have the mass evasion needed to make this insane.
Ninja of the New Moon: 4-mana for extra combat damage not needed.
Throatseeker - This won't gain that much life
Moonblade Shinobi - I don't need the 1/1 flyer on damage that much, especially if I got to sneak this in to begin with.
Cunning Evasion - Not really needed. You have better ways to help the ninjas through.
Six nonland cards is a lot. I got my work cut out for me.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Sep 12, 2017I have read the technical explanations for such a change. I'm not entirely bothered by it, but making it forced does bother me a little.Posted in: Articles
I just hope that you don't have to make us do this again. That would be a little much.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.