Creature - Human Warrior (R)
Whenever a Dinosaur enters the battlefield, you may have it fight another target creature you don't control.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by a Dinosaur creature you control died, put a +1/+1 counter on each Dinosaur creature you control.
- Registered User
Member for 15 years, 5 months, and 23 days
Last active Tue, Feb, 4 2020 21:20:59
- 0 Followers
- 2,674 Total Posts
- 50 Thanks
Aug 14, 2017Zendikar - LandfallPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
As an additional cost to cast Pathfinding, tap an untapped creature you control.
Reveal the top five cards of your library, you may put a land card from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Aug 4, 2017Planar ChaosPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Vodalian Sentinel UU
Creature - Merfolk Wizard (R)
Vanishing 3 (This permanent enters the battlefield with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
U, Remove a time counter from Vodalian Sentinel: Return target creature to its owner's hand.
Jul 21, 2017Posted in: Monthly Contests Archiveproudawesome:
- The text "Tap all creatures target player controls" has been printed 3 times, "Tap all creatures your opponent controls" has been printed 4 times in total, the cheapest in term of CMC is 3 in Naya Charm at a hefty GWR color requirement, the closest to this we have is Sleep at 2UU with additional not untaping next turn. so i believe this card is somewhat undercosted in a way, since split card is going to always cost more than the original version of the card, since we have options, just like other kind of modal cards and charms.
- The Go part is fine since this cost 1 more than the original version which is Relentless Assault. This two effect is game ending definitely, if you manage to get to 8 mana, your opponent will probably be dead when you manage to fuse them.
- These two effects does go well together, and this reminds me of the rare split fuse card cycle of RTR which definitely gives powerful effect when you manage to do it
- Them wise, i don't really get the wind part since both Wind and Fast is somewhat described in the Go part, wind is always fast dynamic and flexible, this is on the other side more towards stopping time or sort.willows:
- the front face is somewhat wordy but this basically say exile up to three creature cards from your graveyard, that many lands you control can tap for any color.
- this is at heart a color fixing card, but an expensive one since this cost 3 mana plus having 3 creatures died previously before you can make full use of this card.
- This becomes ramp card once you manage to transform it. This is not an effective one since all that set up you do, ramps you up by 3, but you need to have 8 mana investment in total to do it, most of the time you can do it on turn 5. Which ramps you up to 9 mana the next turn.
- The effect itself is unique, but the power level is certainly weak.
- Moonlight and Soil, theme wise it definitely fits!bravelion83:
- ability wise, the front part reminds me of Subtle Strike, but with additional benefits. Subtle Strike is an instant with 2 cmc, this is XB sorcery, so i believe the cmc is right on this card.
- the transformed part, is weirdly weak, this becomes a liability, since you don't want your creature to be 0/0 definitely. Especially after you give it counters which meant to make it bigger. most people would want the preventing damage remove a +1/+1 a la Undergrowth Champion.. truly a mysterious armor. I can't think of any other use of this equipment other than other self +1/+1 generating cards like Evolve cards or Undergrowth Champion kind.
- flavor wise, i'm confused on how do you do Blood Transfusion on your enemy giving it to your creature to make them bigger. It's almost felt more like Sucking the Blood kind of thing rather than voluntary blood transfusion kind. Also how the equipment actually makes the owner weaker somewhat.
- Theme wise, its Blood on the face and metal on the back seems good.IcariiFA:
- the first thing come to mind, wow, this is a bunch of card advantage surely.
- but cost wise, Pyroclasm effect has been around forever. the newest of the kind is 3 mana Kozilek's Return which have an additiona upside. So this seems fine at 3 mana instant.
- the Cognition side, is never been done before, effect counting creatures that have been dealt damage this turn, has never done this.
- combined, this reminds me of what blue red controls has always wanted, instant mass removal that gives you bunch of cards. This is not the power level of a mere uncommon i think. I believe this is comparable to Sphinx's Revelation, at 6 mana, revelation gives you 3 life and 3 cards. But this, this nets you much more than that, this is potentially a 1 for 6 or even more at 6 mana. the more creature there is one the battlefield, the more you draw. Even the cognition halves worked just fine after a combat, a combat involving 2 creature from each side gives you a total of 4 cards for just 3 mana at instant speed.
- this leads me to believe, this card is somewhat overpowered. This could be reduced by at least making it a Sorcery.
- theme wise, it fits, Fire and Thought indeed.Rocco:
- cost wise it seems fine being a 5 mana mini Armageddon. That transform into Blood Moon.
- Effect seems fine, this is a cool card imo, definitely going to get you hated out in a multiplayer game.
- Right on the color pie of what red would want, although the other side, i'm still not sure if white does this nonbasic hate, but it affects both players.
- Theme wise it fits, Stone raining turning lands into moons.Doomfish
- the name is hilarious.
- at 6 mana, this is Confiscate with added benefit of becoming cheaper if the target is already an artifact. This option itself balance wise, would requires at least another extra point of mana for the total cost. Also there's the previous incarnation of this which is Steal Artifact which cost 2UU. So i believe the steal artifact part should at least cost 4U or 3UU, since you have the option.
- the turning things into artifact though, if pushed it still can go for even just U since by itself, it does accomplish nothing much.
- i believe 6 cmc could be fine, but it needs to cost more than confiscate which is why i propose it to have at least 3 U in the cost.
- this basically reads as 4 mana gain control of target permanent, that permanent becomes an artifact. Not fine at 4 mana. Memnarch does it at the cost of 4UUU with initial cost of 7. The closest of what gain control of an artifact permanently gets is Dack Fayden, which is a 1UR planeswalker -2 ability.- Theme wise, i can see the Metal and Magnetism on this card.
- this card is severely undercosted.
- the best 2UU can do for gaining control nowadays is Kefnet's Last Words with a drawback of not having the lands untapped next turn.JamBlock:
- the front side doesn't really do anything, Transforming do not trigger on removing the last sand counters, but requires no spell cast last turn as well. This is a difficult task to do and definitely a long investment if done normally. This do requires help if we want to transform it fast.
- this wait however is worthwhile, once you get into the storm part, nothing will stop you as everything you cast, nets you something, definitely helps if you cast storm combo cards. The options gives you everything you want when you play storm cards, copying the effect or just draw a card while you ramp into your combo
- the front part is rather weak, but the other side do will win you games.
- theme wise, Sand and Wind seems fitting to the card.
Jul 17, 2017Stone & TimePosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Constant Trickles 1WU
Target creature gets -3/-0 until your next turn. If that creature’s power is 0 or less, materialize this card. (To materialize, put it onto the battlefield flipped.)
Worn Rocks 3UW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchanted creature has -1/-0.
You control enchanted creature.
Art by theirison.deviantart.com
- This is a split card, that work just as normal split card which means both side can be cast anytime the card type allows it to be cast.
- Materialize is a keyword action, means to put a certain spell with this keyword onto the battlefield flipped sideways 90' Counter Clockwise showing the other side of the card upright.
- A card will materialize if certain conditions are met.
- When a player cast the first half of the card, the spell is put on the stack as an instant or a sorcery, it becomes permanent when the conditions are met, thus only spells or abilities that interacts with instants or sorceries may affect or target the spell.
- When a player cast the other half of the card, the spell is put on the stack as whatever permanent type it is on the other half.
Jul 17, 2017a question for round CCL July Round 3 Challenge, do the split card have to be the original kind of split card, or can we go with the kind, Fuse, Aftermath, the 5W or new kind of splits ?Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Jul 13, 2017Posted in: Monthly Contests Archive
IcariiFA : this card power level is pretty high imo.. menace pretty much ensure a deal combat damage to a player in most situation, the graveyard cleaning and hand discarding is useful in many situation. without anything in the opposing player's graveyard, you still get a 3/2 menace for 3 which is a good deal too.
Exodus87: stat wise its good 4/2 for 3R seems good for red, but this card, punishes both many spell and no spell at all. giving the slack of casting 1 spell per turn as a safe ground. this flips into an enchantment that punishes player for casting more than 1 spell per turn. i don't like how similar the front side is to its back side.
soramaro: this is Hazoret's Undying Fury on a stick except you don't need to shuffle, and you get a 5/4 and not having your lands tapped next turn, if you have only 1 card or less. which is quite easy to do in red. i felt conflicted, but i tend to see this as definitely a strictly stronger variant of Hazoret's Undying Fury.
bravelion83: Its body is rather small, but ugh, activating Mindslaver makes it deal a total of 12 damage to target player. This is definitely a build around card and not the kind that you want in limited environment. Flavorwise though, i can't really imagine how he dealt the damage, fusing his blood with scraps to shoot the enemy seems ok with the put to graveyard triggered, but i can't really imagine how it would be for the enter the battlefield effect though.
Rocco: honestly i don't understand why is this a rare when Glacial Wall serve similar purpose for less cost but more reliably. I can imagine when it dies, it causes flood sending creatures back to its owner hand a la Whelming Wave. This though to me seems like a really bad wall.. that could turn useful via sacrifice outlet.
JamBlock: honestly this is my favourite of the entry that i critiqued. i can imagine that whenever it moves, it covers the battlefield with sands thus dealing 1 damage like Scouring Sand or preventing creature from seeing this creature coming like Unearthly Blizzard. power level wise, 4 cmc for 4/2 is common for red creatures but dealing 1 to each creature on attack is not okay with just 4 mana, plus you can choose the ability. imo this should cost at least 5 or 6 mana in total.
Jul 12, 2017Stingsearer 3RPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Creature - Scorpion (R)
When Stingsearer enters the battlefield, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature an opponent controls.
If Stingsearer would deal damage to a creature with a -1/-1 counter or a player who controls a creature with a -1/-1 counter on it, it deals twice that much damage instead.
Jul 6, 2017time and stone that is non-Blue non-RedPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Gatekeeper of Eternal Stonehenge 2W
Creature - Deva Soldier (U)
Valor (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks, if you control another creature with greater power, put a +1/+1 counters on it.)
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Gatekeeper of Eternal Stonehenge: Gain 2 life.
Jul 6, 2017iphanx posted a message on CCL July, Early Signups/Round 1: Reign of ElementsPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
proudawesome - i can see that Quick Drawing is identical to the things cowboy heroes do.. so flavorly it seems ok. power level wise, well, this card does 2 things, untapping creature, and giving it a first strike and power buff. Each of the two ability usually cost 2 mana, giving power up and first strike while untapping with buffing also cost 2 mana. A card with both ability i believe should at least cost 2W if printed at common.
scrad_the_wanderer: first, this doesn't fit the challenge which is instant or sorcery card. Secondly, this will mostly be an expensive Fog.. You cast this, your opponent draw for his draw step and loses 1 life, then your opponent choose to not attack you. its your turn, you draw a card and lose 1 life, you lose 1 life if you cast a spell or attacks, at the end of turn, you have to sacrifice it. You spend 4 mana to basically prevent your opponent from attacking you, and tax him or her to do other thing. i'm not exactly a fan of this card.
doomfish : gaining control of artifact in blue, has always been flavored as thievery.. While gaining control of all artifact seems to not really a blue thing to do. So far, only Hellkite Tyrant and a blue black Tezzeret do this. Artifact hijacking until end of turn is also not blue but red. This card seems only appropriate if costed at 2RR. The kicker though, can be 1U for its kicker effect. The idea of the ability itself is cool! You have a magnetic magic and force everything to come to you, but not permanently.
willows: i'm not sure if your cards wan't to say "X target creatures can't be blocked this turn" since there's is X in the cost. The closest of this i found is Open into Wonder, so you trade the draw clause with hexproof which is fine power level wise. Especially that giving hexproof at sorcery speed is meh.. if opponent would ever have anything to do to your creature before you attacks, he will do it when your spell is on the stack since that is the last moment he can use that. it would be different if it is an instant, which can be used in response to something your opponent do, plus suddenly give your creatures unblockable.
netn10 : this also fail the challenge for being a creature. This seems like a cool legendary. Red as always have creature that have something to do with equipments, and copying equipments seems fine ability to have in red. Its activation cost vs cmc, makes me think this card is made for and EDH decks. Especially that in constructed or limited, it would be difficult to have it survive and attacks while you need to have a powerful equipment on your side.
kjsharp : this idea is cool, but knowing which mana used to cast which spell is quite difficult to decide since all the mana goes to the mana pool, you can't have opponent decide which mana used to cast the spell, especially if there is mana rocks and other things around. This could have been simpler if this just counter spell and preventing opponent's land to untap, since that's what red and blue does..
Jul 5, 2017Felnia, Gambit Archmage RGWUPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Legendary Creature - Deva Wizard (M)
1 : Target instant spell can’t be countered by spells or abilities and gains “Create a 1/1 white blue Soldier token.”
1 : The next sorcery card you cast this turn can be cast as though it had flash and that spell gains “Each creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.”
2 : Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Jul 2, 2017Ifnir's True-Born 1BBPosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Creature - Horror (U)
Afflict 2 Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 2 life
At the beginning of your end step, if an opponent lost 4 or more life this turn, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Plague breeds greater plagues.
Jun 29, 2017iphanx posted a message on CCL July, Early Signups/Round 1: Reign of ElementsGreen card with Stone themePosted in: Monthly Contests Archive
Stoneskin Brawl G
Target creature gets +2/+2. If that creature is blocked, it gets +3/+3 and trample until end of turn instead.
Sometimes, resistance is what it takes for us to go further.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.