- Registered User
Member for 4 years, 11 months, and 16 days
Last active Thu, Jun, 20 2019 05:56:49
- 0 Followers
- 1,431 Total Posts
- 129 Thanks
Jun 17, 2019I would asume it is the best 3 drop after Spell Queller and Drogskoll Captain. It should take the place of Gheist of Saint traft. Spirits often winn when they asemble a critical ammas of lord. Before the printing of Supreme Phantom spirits was barly on the radar. Spirits even play Phantasmal Image to have acess to lord 9, 10 and 11. This new one will be good.Posted in: Aggro & Tempo
May 10, 2019The main problem is a lot of modern decks are so fast you do not get to activate your walkers many times. why not play lightning helox over ajani? A edict instead of liliana? Etc? What planewalkers helps you when dredge is killing you?Posted in: Modern
Fortunetly there are 3 decks in modern that do run planewalkers:
- BGX runs some walkers. It's defence vs the metagame are mana eficient threats backed by discard spells vs combo decks.
- UW(X) runs some walkers. Teferi and Jace are just very powerfull and will burry your opponent in card draw. Counterspells keeps you safe vs combo decks.
- UX artifact decks sometimes runs some amount of walkers. Tezzaret or karn's. They also have ensraing bridge.
- Tron runs some walkers. Usualy 4 Karn and 2 Ugins. Both of these walkers are so good once they are in play it is hard for your opponent to winn. You can add the new Karn and Ugin as well.
If you want to go super friends play discard spells, counterspells, hide behind ensaring bridge or play the biggest walkers as fast as you can. Good luck.
May 10, 2019I saw this tweet by Saffron Olive over at MTGGoldifhs Reported CaveDan went 5-0 with 2 weard decks. One was neoform bant Evolve with the pongafies and stuff. (Turns out voice of resurgence with neoform into renegade rallier can put on preasure.)Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Now the other deck just blew me away. I have been trying to build a midrange BGX deck that could branch out into more then 3 colours. Perhaps with Pillar of the Paruns But never in my wildest dreams could I imagine this:
This deck has a lot going for it. Keep discarding, trading and surviving. Get Niv-Mizzet Reborn and re-load on a lot of cards and then you can outgrind your opponent. This is essentially the same as other GBX decks except you are garuanteed to burry the opponent in cards one you resolve Niv-Mizzet. 4 Bring to Light functions as copies of Nov-Mizzet (7 copies). Find Supreme Verdict to kill creatures. Primal Command gives you life. Unmoored Ego is good vs combo.
- I have experienced with Lightning Helix in midrange and the lifefain is good.
- Thought Erasure is good as midrange decks needs discard spells. Thos is further backed up by Sin Collector and Inquisition of Kozilek.
- Assassin's Trophy is a good removal (you will winn the resource game eventually.) And it is good vs Tron.
- Old BG decks used to run some numbers of Vampiric Tutor to find Cranial Extraction. (Extended Era.) I really like that Bring to Light can find Unmoored Ego VS combo, and it can also find tron lands. Yes please.
Some cards I do not understand
- Domri, Anarch of Bolas is this vs control decks. But the deck only runs 8 creatures?
- I do not understand Kaya, Orzhov Usurper apeal.
- Safewright Quest seems slow.
I do not belive the deck needs at least 2 cards in each colour. But it increases your odds of getting a lot of cards of Niv-Mizzet.
Here are some cards I would like to see or consider:
- Nahiri, the Harbinger is so good. Also she can fill your hand with her ultimate and Niv-Mizzix
- Manamorphose is a good card and it smooths your mana.
- Ajani Vengeant is a nice Lightning Helix.
- Blood Braid Elf if we go this route we need less counterspells and more discard spells.
- If the deck runs more creatures and discard spells voice of resurgence with neoform into renegade rallier can work out. If We run enough 4 drops (BBE?) you can also Neoform into Niv-Mizzet. Perhaps the deck can also run a one of Siege Rhino even though Niv-Mizzik can not find him.
- A very different deck but the old poddeck had a very good midrange grind. As well as fantastick combo. Could it just be midrange value with Prime Speaker Vannifar to reload the hand with Niv-Mizzek? Rhythm of the Wild perhaps as well?
Any thoughts you might have would be welcome. I wanne brew on this deck. (Also, do anybody know who CaveDan is?)
Link to deck:
Vizial look of the deck: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/visual/1885348
Apr 22, 2019It gives your creatures lifelink. The best part of old Sorin, and he does it for free. And he returns creatures the turn he comes in. What is not to like? It is a very good 4 mana resurection spell that leaves behind a walker and some life. It protect itself, witch you need in a good walker.Posted in: Midrange
Think of it as a modular spell with lifegain and reanimate.
Apr 21, 2019There are many, many, many more decks. You can have Dimir Mill. You can do esper mill with path to exile and Archive Trap. But faries has been the hieghst peforming Dimir list, placing topp 16 and 32 in big competitions. Scapeshift used to be Temur. But then Scapeshift temur used to be 4 and 5 colour after Bring to Light came. There are temur eternal command decks etc. The list of colour combinations will leave quite a lot of decks out once you start listing them. The list is very exstensive. I gues it is the nature of internet communication to jump in and point out anything not mentioned.Posted in: Modern
Apr 21, 2019Modern is fairly colour balanced. The number of playable decks in modern is completly nutters butters.Posted in: Modern
Mono blue: Merfolk, Blue Tron, Whir Prisson.
Mono White: Shows up once in a while, but is not really a thing outside White/Eldrazi Prison/Wheenie/Death and taxes.
Mono Green: Elves, some colourds might be added. Monogreen devotion. Green Tron, hardened scales affinaty.
Mono Red: 8 Whack. Also almost all Burn is just Red with splash for Boros Charm. Red Prison. Skred Red.
Mono Black: 8 rack. Some black devotion at tier 4.
Colourless: Eldrazi Tron.
Azorius: Controll. Spirits.
Dimir: No real dimir deck exists. Fairies is the closest one.
Rakdos: Hollow one.
Gruul: Valakut, Ponza.
Selesnya: Value Town, Hate Bears.
Izzet: Blue moon, Phoenix, Storm.
Golgari: Death Cloud, BG/Rock.
Boros: Burn, Boros control with Nahiri (last seen 2017.)
Orzov: Tokens, Death and taxes.
Esper: Not really a thing. UW with splash for Tazigur.
Grixis: Grixis control.
Jund: BGX Jund.
Naya: Not really a thing. Zoo agro.
Sultai: Not really a thing. Wildernes BUG.
Mardu: Mardu midrange (look mon, no goyfs!)
Temur: Not really a thing.
Abzan: GBX Abzan.
Decks that are more then 3 colours or are hard to place due to colours not mattering that much:
Jeskai Ascendancy, Titan Amulet, varius Death Shadow, Dredge, Affinaty, Humans.
So the colours that are over representated is Izzet ,black midrange or Deaths Sadow decks. Colours that are under represented are Dimir, Esper, Sultai and Temur. Even colourless and several decks more then 4 colours are represented. Modern is very colour balanced.
I see come people cometing on fair decks vs unfairmdecks. That has nothing to do with colour balance. But the general thing is you either winn fast weenie or combo style. If you tap out you play black for discard spells to fight combo. If you want to go long you either play prison pieces (like chalice) or you play blue for cryptic command. If your deck does not fall within thise paremeters the deck will have a hard time in modern. (Not I count tron like a combo deck. Most decks have problem with a turn 3 Karn.) In adition you will often have an infavoured game vs Burn, Gravyeard based decks or Affinaty. So many sideboard slots are dedicated to fight Burn, Gravyeard decks or artifacts. The remaining slots are tuned for you meta or your decks weak spots.
Apr 9, 2019VidarThor posted a message on [WAR] War of the Spark Previews: Modern DiscussionSo the new Karn, the Great Creator lools good. It was officialy spoiled. I do not feel bad talking about it.Posted in: Modern
You include it in your tron deck. What are the sideboard cards you include spesifically to be searched up with him? The big easy winn is mycosyth latice. Latice + Karn = Your opponent can't tap lands for mana. We know Tron rocks 10 mana spells allready.
But what when you only have 7 mana? I thibk Ensnaring Bridge is good. Keeps you safe. Evebtually you winn.
But after that I strugle. Is Wurmcoil Engine worth it? Defense Grid?
What would you suggest?
Apr 9, 2019What do people think of:Posted in: Midrange
For me the GBX decks have a bit of problems. Few good tutors means you have a hard time to cover all your bases. Discard spells vs combo, lifegain vs agro, land destruction vs tron, good creature to apply preasure, removal in general and preferably some sort of engine. Tierless Tracker and Liliana the Last Hope are good engine cards, but they only cover one base for the most part. We can discuss the semantics. But Fulminator Mage maindeck. Seems like a good softlock like Dustbowl was in extended. Also good to just return 2 goyfs.
Apr 8, 2019After watching a lotbof games with this deck, how important is black? Most games seem to end with winning with Blue Sun's Senith. Just burry the opponent i card advantage.Posted in: Deck Creation (Modern)
Would it be possible to use merchant scroll and snapcasters? White seems like a good colour:
- Path to Exile
- Settle the Wrechage
- Sphinxes Revelation
- Secure the Wastes
- March of the multitudes
- Path to Exile
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.