- Registered User
Member for 15 years, 8 months, and 29 days
Last active Thu, May, 6 2021 21:57:20
- 0 Followers
- 185 Total Posts
- 36 Thanks
May 6, 2021ITRules posted a message on [MH2] [AFR] Full-Art fetches, reprint slot, and the first look at the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms— Weekly MTG previewsPosted in: The Rumor Mill
Mar 1, 2021ITRules posted a message on [TSR] Time Spiral Remastered Name and Number CrunchOMG so far this set is terrible! Hardly any card worthy of note and full of cards which you can pick up cheap in secondary market. Not worth buying a box for by a long shot!!Posted in: The Rumor Mill
May 19, 2019With the printing of Deep Forest Hermit in Modern Horizons I can't help but compare it to Deranged Hermit which is currently part of the Reserved List. It does seem to break some of the rules of the RL which is stated below:Posted in: Modern
- Reserved cards are cards that will never be printed again in a functionally identical form.
- A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.
I will point to the second one as the rule which it may come into conflict with the most. This may or may not matter now but if this continues we could see this as a prelude to reprint similar functional copies of important artifacts, lands and others which are part of the RL in the near future.
This is just one of the reasons why I don't like the RL at all and wish they would finally remove it to make old formats more accessible to players of this game via reprints.
Would like to know other peoples thoughts on this.
Apr 10, 2019Here is my list for a budget friendly red burn deck with a price tag of just over $50. Prices are based on SCG and most likely can get it cheaper if sourced elsewhere.Posted in: Budget (Modern)
Some card choice explanations below:
1. SS Mage and Swiftspear work well with Volcanic Fallout as they do not die and it triggers prowess. Especially the Mage as he buffs and at the same time gives -1/-1 counters to your opponents creatures.
2. Seal of Fire is a better budget alternative to Shock as you have the option to leave it in play for combat tricks and also avoid it being discarded by discard spells or effects by just putting it in play waiting to be used.
3. Incendiary Flow took the place of Incinerate as the "exile" effect is more efficient than the "cannot regenerate" effect even if at sorcery speed.
4. Searing Blood dodges Leyline of Sanctity. Enough said.
5. The sideboard cards are meta game calls for the most part. Feel free to change them depending on your meta.
Remember this is a budget deck so don't expect too much! At a price tag of $50++ I believe this packs a punch if the tricks in the deck are used properly. Enjoy gaming!
Mar 21, 2019For me its all about having different choices and flexibility and not auto relegating it to one choice of a card for 4 slots in a 60 card deck. Interesting analogy with Lightning bolt, this card will always take those 4 slots in any deck looking for the "best" red cheap removal spell. One of the reasons I was one of those opposed to it being in Modern too . If we follow this logic of sticking to the best card whenever then why did they not print Swords to Plowshares into Modern? Way better than Path to Exile don't you think?Posted in: Modern
So I stick to my opinion of not having Counterspell in the format.
Mar 21, 2019Posted in: ModernQuote from idSurge »
Actually, it belongs to Pauper, it's not good enough for anyone else.
And I would be glad for it to stay there.
Mar 21, 2019I believe Counterspell is not good for the format as it makes other possible permission spells completely obsolete. The point is to bring in cards that allow more flexibility and choices into Modern and Counterspell will not do this. It belongs to Vintage and Legacy not Modern.Posted in: Modern
Mar 20, 2019I would like to see some old blue permission spells be reprinted into MH for us to use in Modern, below are some I believe have a shot of being included:Posted in: Modern
Hopefully 2 or 3 make it into the set!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.