Inner Fire and Meltdown sound like good additions. I agree that the 2 counter spells are too limited.
I want to add radiate, but I don't have enough spells that target only 1 thing to really justify it.
My first draft had all the extra turn spells, and it was gross. I was going upwards of 8 turns in a row a game. Not fun for others, so I took it out.
I added Fanning the flames, having a burn spell always in hand sounds good to me.
For the free counter spells, I am kinda broke so those are way out of budget for me. I might be able to add the last 2, but so far ive never been hurting for mana availible to counter things with, so they might not be necessary. I will try out enter the infinite and see how it works, thanks for the tip!
- Registered User
Member for 5 years, 10 months, and 6 days
Last active Thu, Jul, 21 2016 12:10:17
- 0 Followers
- 119 Total Posts
- 8 Thanks
Nov 6, 2015 Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Nov 4, 2015I feel as though I should add the entire "copy spell" suite for maximum fun.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Nov 4, 2015Hey guys, just thought I would throw this up here for some discussion about a non-storm build for this cool lady. X spells basically ensure an experience counter every turn, and obviously scale throughout the game. Thoughts?Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Aug 11, 2015When am I ever not working on something? Its too much, I tells ya!Posted in: Commander (EDH)
Bladewing the Risen - dragon reanimator. I have the decklist basically where I want it, now I need to pony up for the cost.
Kiku, Night's Flower - Mono Black control. Adusting it from a creature/recursion heavy list to a more "pox and mutilate" kind of list.
Wrexial, the Risen Deep - I don't even know where to take this anymore. Most of my friends play low-instant/sorcery counts, so he doesn't do as much as I would like.
Mayael the Anima - One of my favorite decks, adjusting for more topdeck manipulation for more consistent activations.
Krenko, Mob Boss - This one is....actually done? wow.
Sigarda, Host of Herons - Enchantress Voltron. Doesn't usually need upkeep, but worth checking out the new sets for.
Isamaru, Hound of Konda - Equipment voltron on a budget. Pretty low power if you don't invest in the staples.
Nin, the Pain Artist - Again, no idea where to take this.
Mogis, God of Slaughter - Enchantment punisher. Need to find some non-MLD wincons.
Savra, Queen of the Golgari - one of my least formed decks, not built yet.
Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer - I always have my eye of Gwafa, but I can't quite figure it out yet.
and these are just the more "serious" decks that I am actually building. Doesn't even cover all the decks I've made and not actually considered building.
Jul 9, 2015bumped with a few updates. For Origins, the cards I am interested in are:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Avaricious Dragon - Not sure about this one. His body is a little small, and I'd hate to be forced to discard Ugin before I could cast him.
Chandra's Ignition - Most of the time, we will have some of the biggest creatures on the field. Though I am reluctant to nuke our own field, we have the tools to recover from it better than most decks. Doing 5 or 6 to every creature and opponent is not a bad way to spend 5 mana.
Flameshadow Conjuring - If you are building a splinter twin variant, this should be an auto-include. Not sure if I will use it, but the power is there.
Magmatic Insight - If this card could discard anything, I would be in. But really, we need our lands in hand and our dragons in the graveyard, not the other way around.
Jul 2, 2015skybug12 posted a message on #LoveWINS: Marriage Equality, the Deck (HORDE OF PROGRESSIVE NOTIONS)Gotta have Guardians of Meletis, the first, AFAIK, cannonically homosexual representation in magic.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Mar 24, 2015skybug12 posted a message on Cards printed that make you think Wizards hates you.There's always that one card in a set that makes you think "Man why couldn't this card do X? it would have been perfect in my deck!" What are those cards for you?Posted in: Commander (EDH)
I'll start, with Dragons of Tarkir:
Foe-Razer Regent - In my fight-based Mayael the Anima deck, this guy would have been a huge hit! but his 4 power makes me not want to include him. I know wizards hates me because of this 4 power.
Savage Ventmaw - Same as the Foe-Razer, Why oh why couldn't this dude be a 5/4? So close to perfect.
What about you guys?
Mar 21, 2015So I've been tooling around with the cards I was interested in, while simultaneously removing all tutors from the deck, and it is EXTREMELY degraded in power without them. Dragonlord Kolaghan is not bad, Boltwing Marauder unfortunately doesn't do enough. If it granted haste as well, I would keep it in. Dragon Tempest is amazing, as is Haven of the Spirit Dragon. None of the X draw cards were worth it, only being useful at the point where they interfere with dragon production, and I didn't test the rest of them yet, but they seem a little too cute to really earn a spot. more testing is required.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Edit: Sorry no updates yet, I've been busy with school and friends aren't always down to play. As soon as I have more information, I will update this in a more complete manner.
Mar 15, 2015It is certainly powerful, but just as a general rule I avoid infinite combos where I can. It tends to make things too easy and lessens the re-playability of the deck, in my opinion. If you don't mind combos like that, there is definitely a place for it, as all those reanimation spells have a place even if Worldgorger isn't in the deck.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
I got 2 games in today, and Ugin was freaking incredible. Completely wipes your opponents boards, and left my dragons intact. 10/10 would recommend.
Mar 13, 2015Sneak Attack would be amazing, but the price tag is prohibitive. Necropotence seems powerful, but honestly, I've never played it/seen it played. It's hard for me to judge it without trying it out first. Ill put it on the proxy list. Pyromancy is one I am wary of. I would hate to accidentally discard Sarkhan the Mad without a way to get him back, but our curve is high enough where I think it might warrant some testing. Thanks for the comments!Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Mar 9, 2015Hey, thanks for commenting! Glad to hear your'e doing well with the deck, I'd love to see your version!Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
DTK update in progress
- Dragonlord's Servant - If I were to cut out some of the earthquake dragons (Thunder Dragon, Scourge of Kher Ridges), I might find a place for him and dragonspeaker shaman.
- Dragonlord Kolaghan - While I think her younger self is much much better, a flying, hasty, haste-granting dragon is not the worst thing in the world. Her second ability is worthless, however
- Boltwing Marauder - This guy will be great in conjunction with Warstorm Surge, and a lower curve is never a bad thing. The 4 toughness is off-putting, but he might find a home.
- Thunderbreak Regent - If you face a lot of targeted removal, he might slot in, but in EDH I don't think he will be enough.
- Dragon Tempest - This card will probably be the biggest addition to the deck. This is the real deal.
- Deathbringer Regent - His "cast from hand" clause severely reduces his playability, but the 5 creatures or more clause will be much easier to achieve in EDH. For now, Im going to have to pass.
- Berserkers' Onslaught - 1 cheaper than Rage Reflection, but only gives double strike when you attack. I don't think it will go in, but I threw it on the list for funsies.
- Foul Renewal - Our dragons can usually kill most creatures with their level of toughness. I wish it put it into play, but that would be crazy. Might be a good card if you face a lot of indestructible commanders like Avacyn, Angel of Hope.
- Gravepurge - Anti-GY hate at instant speed. If you face a lot of Rest in Peace effects, might want to try this out.
- Commune with Lava - This card is much better than I originally thought. Read: "Until the end of your NEXT turn". You can untap with this and play the things you exiled, including lands. Might not be necessary in black, but it seems pretty strong.
- Sarkhan's Triumph - Great low cost tutor for any of our best dragons. I might not use it due to my shifting feelings on tutors in the deck, but if you don't mind tutors I would for sure slot this in.
- Damnable Pact - More awesome card draw for black, albeit at sorcery speed. We have no problem generating lots of mana, so I can see this being practical.
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon - This will be activated as a dual land for most of our purposes. The third ability is amazing, getting Ugin back from the yard will be huge, as Ugin is pretty incredible. Can't wait to get this in play.
I will be editing the main post in the future when I look at all the cards closely. Also, I may be making an alternate version without tutors, as Im finding it's becoming a little stale comboing out with Utvara Hellkite every game. We will see.
I will be editing this in a bit, I'm kind of sleepy right now
also from fate reforged, I might try out Dark Deal, Fearsome Awakening, Outpost Siege,
Mar 2, 2015IT BEGINS!Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Also, i've been thinking of switching over to Karrthus, Tyrant of jund, due to some generally bad feelings about me one shotting everyone with Warstorm and Utvara Hellite. Im going to have to take a read on the attitude towards the deck, and you may be the last holdout of bladewing
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.