Quote from Yougs_Fr »
- Do you aggressively mulligan toward "unfair" start with a hierarch/temple and TKS? It appeared by my test that the drop 3 on turn 3 is a bit slow for the format, but i don't know if mulliganing more is the way to go
-did you like both dismember in the main? I run 1 explosive main in this spot and it appeared to be quite good!
-I play 2 eldrazi skyspawner instead of 1 reshaper and the second dismember and it was often relevant! Accelerating, double blocker, blood moon fighter, etc. Did you try it before putting it aside? Or did you just go with reshaper without questioning it?
-now sideboard questions. I have troubles leaving my rest in peace for grafdigger cages. Cages can be found on stirrings, but RIP come in against lots of deck (jund/abzan, delver, snapcaster.deck, storm). So what's the reason that pushed you toward cages only? Do you think a mix is doable or do i have to chose and dedicate all 3 spots to the same card?
-Finally, the mirror. Don't you miss world breaker? You have a big 0 ways to deal with worship. do the blessed alliances come in? I tried them and the opponents were saccing lots of spawns in the end.
Here are my thoughts:
- I always try to mull to either a mana dork, Temple, or an Ancient Stirrings to find a Temple in my opening hand. That's 12 cards you are looking for in your opener, which are pretty good odds. You can easily win on 5 or 6 cards with this deck, so mull aggressively, yes. The exception comes when you are playing against BGx decks and side out your mana dorks.
- I like one dismember main. I think the extra removal spell is worth it, but you cant take 8 damage in this format to remove creatures. Every other deck in the format is aggressive, i think 2 Dismembers is too much.
- I also run 2 SkySpawners and i love then. A Spawner with a Hierarch out is a reasonable clock during board stalls. Some people dont use them because of the mana. There are definitely awkward times where you need to fetch and play a Hierarch on turn one, do you get a Temple Garden or a Breeding Pool if you dont have a Diplacer or Spawner in hand? I've definitely chose wrong before and drew into the opposite of what i needed. But, i think the risk is worth it, Spawner is great, i almost want to go up to 3 and down to 2 Reshapers...
- I do a 2/2 split on Cage/RiP. I'm with you that RiP is useful in other matchups, like my local meta has a few Living End players. I've lost to Dredge through Cage before, they can remove it pretty easily, but they have no enchantment removal. You just need to get lucky that you draw it, but thats like any other deck.
- Opposing Worships are just game, i suppose. You just hope you dont see the mirror and they dont draw their one of Worhip. You cant have answers to everything in your board with such a wide meta. You pick and choose your battles. If you want a more well rounded sideboard, go for it, but then you are just less likely to draw the cards you need when you need them against basically all matchups.