Member for 6 years, 2 months, and 11 days
Last active Mon, May, 20 2019 17:41:56
- 1 Follower
- 2,567 Total Posts
- 209 Thanks
May 17, 2019Ulka posted a message on [Primer] Green Nykthos Devotion (includes Tooth & Nail)Posted in: Big ManaQuote from natesroom »i dont understand what karn does to enable a turn three win?? am i missing something?
If we are able to land a Karn turn 3 you can grab Mycosynth lattice from the sideboard making all activated abilities stop. this means land for opponents which means no mana can be made
May 6, 2019We have had some requests to have an offtopic thread for users to chat and have some fun with other regulars to the commander forums. I decided to open this up and sort of see how it goes so be on good behavior and it might stay around.Posted in: Pauper
Some general rules for this page:
- Have fun
- Chat and get to know your fellow Pauper contributors.
- Follow forum rules
- Break the rules. We will not accept that something was being jokingly discussed. Everything you say will be taken seriously by the moderators so do not jokingly name call or break any rules.
- Move discussion from other threads here. Banlist discussion is one of the biggest offenders. Please try not to push conversation between multiple threads. Keep it fun and keep that stuff out of here please.
- Discuss topics of sexual nature. This sort of topic can make a lot of people feel awkward. Its also really not much of a PG 13 based topic. Please refrain from having discussions on sexual based topics such as: sexual preference (homosexual, straight, bisexual), sexual modification (transgender), or really just random discussions of yourself or others having sex. These topics easily make people feel awkward about posting here and the nature of these discussions just doesn't really need to happen here.
This is intended to be a fun environment so if you cant follow the rules I will either hand out warnings / infractions and or close this thread down completely. That being said feel free to talk about video games, movies, life problems, how lame your family is... ehhh whatever.
May 6, 2019First and foremost, before posting here or anywhere else, be sure to read the MTG Salvation Forum Rules. All rules there are enforced here.Posted in: Pauper
Pauper Forum Specific Rules
- Decklists DO NOT belong in the Discussion forum. Anyone posting threads with decklists in the main discussion forum will have their threads moved to the appropriate subforum at a moderator's discretion, and will be warned or infracted. If you wish to provide a decklist as a reference resource for a discussion, please link to it rather than posting it in full in that thread.
- Please be sure to use deck tags ([deck]Deck Goes Here[/deck]) when posting a decklist. This makes your post easier to read and understand, and increases the chance you will get responses. Read this thread for more information on card and deck tags. It is also specifically worth noting that, because of the way the tags are coded, you must put a number before each card name. Yes, this is redundant in Commander, but you still have to do it to make the tags work.
- Only discuss bans in the " State of Pauper Thread" thread Users may not post with the primary purpose of discussing, debating, or speculating about the banlist or unbanning/banning cards outside of the Official "State of Pauper" thread, which can be found stickied in Pauper general section. Follow all thread rules when posting there.
- If you see someone breaking rules, REPORT IT! Don't get involved! Please don't backseat mod! We want to infract the offender, not the well-intentioned poster who intervenes. If another poster is breaking a rule, just use the "Report Post" button to involve the moderators. Don't try to handle it yourself, especially if the offending post is targeting or baiting you.
Users who post about these topics outside of the thread will be warned/infracted accordingly.
Users may mention bans outside of the banlist thread if the primary purpose is not to discuss, debate, or speculate on the banlist or the banning/unbanning of cards. The primary purpose of the reference must be related to the thread in which the user is posting. For example, saying "Card X is probably getting banned on Monday. Should we swap Card A for Card B in our sideboard?" is okay in a deck thread. Responding to that with "Card X is definitely not getting banned on Monday; it will be Card Y" is a violation of this rule. PM the staff if you have any questions; posts that cross the line will be warned/infracted at the moderators' discretion.
May 6, 2019Posted in: PauperWelcome to the State of Pauper Thread!
Lately, Pauper community members have expressed interest in talking holistically about the challenges and problems facing Pauper. Whether or not Pauper has "challenges" or "problems" is up for debate, but what is clear is that people want to talk about all of these issues in one unified setting.
As such, Pauper staff are opening this thread as a replacement for the old "Banlist Discussion" thread and the "State of the Meta thread." You can use this thread to talk about any and all of these varied Pauper issues and their intersection. This thread will be heavily moderated, so be sure to read the rules before posting; anyone who posts in this thread is assumed to have read and understood these rules.
- Bans, unbans, and all things related to the banlist and banlist policy
- Metagame health and diversity
- Reprint suggestions and reprint philosophy
- New cards and design philosophy
- Prices and Pauper finance
- Archetype definitions
- Format health, successes, and challenges
- Anything that constructively relates to these different issues
Prohibited topics and behavior
- All site-wide rules apply here.
- Rules spotlight: No flaming (insulting other users) or trolling (baiting other users into a hostile response). Posts must be civil and respectful.
- Rules spotlight: No spamming. Posts must be constructive, on-topic, and supported with evidence and argumentation.
- No format bashing. If you don't like Pauper, that's fine, but constructively/respectfully explain why and be optimistic.
- Similarly, do not use this thread to voice grievances, complaints, and personal gripes without constructive/respectful suggestions.
- If you see a user flaming, spamming, trolling, or breaking any other rule, report him/her instead of responding to it.
The mod team will strictly enforce these rules. Please make this a place where people are unafraid to post constructive thoughts.
May 6, 2019Welcome to the community helpdesk for the Pauper forum!Posted in: Pauper
This is an open forum discussion area for questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions you might have for this forum. Nothing is off-limits, but we ask that you keep all comments civil. As with all threads, all other MTGS Forum Rules apply here.
The following items should not be discussed in this thread. Violators will be reminded/warned/infracted accordingly.
Suggesting, debating, and/or challenging site rules.
Discussions about Pauper as a format and about the game itself.
Banlist discussion of any kind.
Idle chatter and conversation.
Arguing or appealing a warning/infraction.
This is intended to be used a place to reach out for Mods for how to improve the Pauper Fourms and if there is an issue you want to bring forward.
Apr 29, 2019Posted in: Modern ArchivesQuote from idSurge »Quote from lukey52 »Has anyone else played against the Allosaurus rider combo deck? I got turn 1 killed on the draw which is the first time I can ever remember that happening in modern.
I have no idea how often this can happen, the person I played said they were winning on turn 1 30% of the time but I'm doubtful it's that high but even at just 10% that's still 1 in 10 games you get a free win because your opponent can't do anything. Leyline of the void? nope, leyline of sancitity? nope, surgical? nope. You'd need a mindbreak trap/disrupting shoal and hope they don't have a pact backup.
Obviously if you're on the play and have discard you can interact but looking at the top decks (tron, humans, phoenix, dredge, amulet titan, hardened scales) none of them have maindeck turn 1 ways to interact and even WU control with a path I'm not sure that it's enough just like the goryo's version since they already get to draw all the cards.
Hopefully it's just a novelty deck which doesn't see much play but if it sees any sort of traction or string of results something needs to be banned to slow the deck down.
I've seen it happen, linked a video of it (https://twitter.com/nikachumtg/status/1122513186081652736) and I have been Turn 1 killed before, but that was a Narset build.
I doubt it is that consistent, if it remains as such, well who knows.
In my 7 matches against it, it has pulled a turn 1 kill off with london mulligan on 6 of those matches. The problem is that after the turn 1 if it doesn't land a kill, it fold harder than goyros does.
Apr 25, 2019Ulka posted a message on [Primer] Green Nykthos Devotion (includes Tooth & Nail)Posted in: Big ManaQuote from user-100011314 »It was Fulgence/Noname. I don't know why the website gave me this name...
To get your old name back let Feyd know on here. It has to do with Eu privacy laws when we changed parent companies. If you have more question on that let me know. If anyone has issues on the site, always feel free to Pm me.
I've been taking my hiatus on devotion but im excited to play some this weekend. I caved and am back to silkies and my new addition of Krasis. I hoped to wait a little longer for Krasis but my testing with 1 copy of it has been amazing.
I think Finale has some decent potential in the lists that are the toolbox version as it offers a recursion option also.
Apr 24, 2019Ulka posted a message on [[Peasant]] The Peasant Cube Discussion Thread (C/U/)I was today years old when I found out Concordant Crossroads had an uncommon printing. What are people's thought on it in cube?Posted in: Pauper & Peasant Discussion
I also found that Mirri, Cat Warrior is a card I might need to consider for my cube again.
Edit: I also am now just realizing Grasp of Fate, Blade of Selves (for multiplayer peasant), Shielded by Faith and Arachnogenesis got down graded during the Legendary cube either as cards in the cube or as rewards on MTGO. Are these cards people would use or are people avoiding the oddball online only cards.
Apr 23, 2019Posted in: Pauper & Peasant DiscussionQuote from leadfeather89 »I still think he's worth checking out.
I agree. I feel the ability to stop lifegain in any red deck is huge. Whether its for an aggressive burn deck or for the red control decks that show up occasionally in my cube I feel Tibalt offers a nice way to prevent the lifegain that is everywhere in my cube.
Apr 19, 2019For me Paradise druid will probably be outright amazing but currently something with it just doesn't seem fun for my cube. Like the hexproof on the dork just doesn't sit right as my green decks are winning most of the drafts. I forgot to mention it earlier in my page as one I will inevitably test but currently i want to see it in its home limited first to see how good( and if it will be too good).Posted in: Pauper & Peasant Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.