- Registered User
Member for 9 years
Last active Thu, Nov, 10 2016 14:18:21
- 0 Followers
- 2,012 Total Posts
- 198 Thanks
Sep 2, 2016I've always been a huge supporter of MTGOtraders, so when the time came for me to sell my collection today, it was a no brainer to give them first dibs. The whole transaction was very quick and easy.Posted in: Store Discussion
Feb 4, 2016Lord_Anarchy posted a message on [[Official]] Miscut, Misprint, Foreign, Foil &Other Oddities Price Thread.Posted in: Market Street CaféQuote from KnickM »Quote from Lord_Anarchy »I've got a bunch of Korean eldrazi scion tokens that are "missing" their name. If you look closely, you can see the faint outline of where the text should be. This is a common(?) error with this particular art on the Eldrazi Scion, as I have seen two other posts about them. But, I'm wondering, do these have any value? They're pretty cool.
One available on eBay for $10; no completed listings. My thought is that I'd buy one for a couple bucks, but ten is asking a lot. It is a pretty cool misprint, but the fact that it's an utterly worthless card otherwise is a pretty big strike against it.
Hm, yeah $10 seems like a lot, considering I got 5 of them out of a single box which I got at nearly english-box prices.
Feb 2, 2016Lord_Anarchy posted a message on [[Official]] Miscut, Misprint, Foreign, Foil &Other Oddities Price Thread.I've got a bunch of Korean eldrazi scion tokens that are "missing" their name. If you look closely, you can see the faint outline of where the text should be. This is a common(?) error with this particular art on the Eldrazi Scion, as I have seen two other posts about them. But, I'm wondering, do these have any value? They're pretty cool.Posted in: Market Street Café
Jan 25, 2016Played some games with this in the last week. Just a few notes to make.Posted in: Standard Archives
1) Eldrazi Displacer was great. But, it really reads "Pay 2W, place directly into graveyard. Opponent discards a removal spell." It died often, which suggests that you can't really run it out before the combo is assembled, but the deck doesn't have enough early action it feels like.
2) Zulaport Cutthroats is kind of meh without more support. This isn't an aristocrats deck.
3) Brood Monitor is okay by itself, but 6 mana is a lot. Having multiples in hand is pretty bad.
4) Unsurprisingly, won most of my games on the back of siege rhino + den protector
5) Llanowar Empath was surprisingly good.
Out of all the matches I played, I didn't get to combo off a single time, mostly because people were aware of what the combo is. This suggests to me that instead of trying to just infinitely gun someone down, the Displacer should be used as a value piece. I manage to lock an atarka red deck out with arashin cleric + displacer, so I know it has a pretty high upside. OVerall, I'd say that this is the sort of deck that would benefit from scrylands. Perhaps catacomb sifter?
Jan 19, 2016Posted in: Standard Archives
I don't see this card as a problem at all. The deck can play like a slightly watered down Abzan midrange deck, since sometimes siege rhino and den protector are enough on their own to go the distance while the opponent worries about the combo. And, playing around hallowed moonlight isn't hard, you simply just make sure you have enough mana to active displacer twice in one turn, so the sequence would go activate -> moonlight in response -> activate in response.
Jan 18, 2016Posted in: Standard Archives
For sure, it's a good card. The only problem is trying to predict the metagame before the set is even out, which makes creating a sideboard hard. For all I know, I might make it transitional where I sideboard out the combo completely.
Jan 17, 2016I'm going to preface this by saying I don't like Siege Rhino. But, I am glad that it was printed after Restoration Angel rotated. But, now we got Eldrazi Displacer. The basis of this deck is to abuse the heck out of Eldrazi Displacer. Now, there's a few different ways to go about it.Posted in: Standard Archives
1) Morph/Manifest cards. Back in the day, Astral Slide was insane. One of the most common interactions was to flicker out a morphed exalted angel and get it back face up. Now, we can have all the joys of doing that once more! The problem, is, of course, that sliding something out doesn't trigger the morph flip up triggers. And, secondly, there aren't that many exciting morphs to try and cheat this way, with the best probably being Sagu Mauler. Which is to say, kind of meh. But, it also works with manifest. Remember when Whisperwood Elemental was a thing? Remember all those land and enchantments you manifested? Now, Eldrazi Displacer will bring all those back if that's where you want to go.
2) Abusing ETB triggers. There's a bunch, so I'm just going to mention the ones that seemed interesting. Arashin Cleric, Dragonlord Atarka, Elvish Visionary, Fleshbag Marauder, gilt-leaf winnow, greenwarden of murasa, harbinger of the tides, hixus, prison warden, knight of the white orchid, llanowar empath, Nissa, Vastwood Seer, Possessed Skaab, Priest of the Bloodrite, shaman of the pack, siege rhino, swift warkite, woodland bellower. And of course all the Rally guys, Exploit guys (profaner of the dead), raid guys (mardu skullhunter), processor guys (like wasteland strangler), thopter spawning guys (like Pia and Kiran Nalaar), and eldrazi spawning guys (like brood butcher). Of course, not all these are equal.
3) Collected Company. Eldrazi Displacer's CMC is 3. So are a lot of other good cards. Nissa, Wasteland Stranger, Matter reshaper, Anafenza, nantuko husk, fleshbag marauder.
4) Kill Hangerback Walker
So, which direction is the Rockslide going? Well, that's easy - #3. Abuse ETB triggers. Specifically, Brood Monitor. This combo was discovered pretty much 2 seconds after Eldrazi Displacer is spoiled. The combo, specifically, is Eldrazi Displacer + Brood Monitor + Zulaport Cutthroat. Brood Monitor brings 3 eldrazi spawn every time it enters, which coincidentally is enough mana to activate Eldrazi Displacer to flicker it. And, what better way to benefit from infinite death triggers is Zulaport Cutthroat. Some people are of the opinion that this combo is a bit too gimmicky, but let's not forget that a very similar combo is used in Modern - Visera Seer + Melira/Anafenza + Murderous Redcap. Standard is slower, so it makes sense that the combo would be slower as well, not to mention the ways to deal with it.
Here's a preliminary list.
So, for the landbase, we have include some colorless sources for the Displacer, which means for now, I'm cutting the normal offcolor fetch + offcolor battleland, which is find since we're not running crackling doom. We're going heavy on the combo, but running a playset of brood monitor just doesn't seem great. Painful Truths + llanowar empath will help us dig for missing pieces. Den protector gets pieces that gets killed. Duress premptively kills annoying things, and post sideboard will help us against infinite obliteration. Siege rhino is great here, and will help us win games when things dont go right. Nissa is just good. Missing is Dromoka's Command, but we're not an aggro deck.
DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards 2x Dromoka's Command
4x Arashin Cleric
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Utter End
2x Wingmate Roc
2x Master of the Unseen
Command and cleric is good again mono red and other agro decks. Transgress is just more disruption. Wingmate roc is good against midrange, and mastery is good against control, especially with displacer.
Dec 7, 2015Posted in: Market Street CaféQuote from CadaverousBl00m »Suspect everyone's hitting December and parking it somewhat... the mail is slowing down, people are (somewhat) trying to slow down...
Honestly, I've only sent one set of orders out in the last 4 months. I've had ~$800 in points sitting on there for awhile now, with none of my wants being filled. I decided there's no reason to pump more cards into the system if I'm not actually getting anything sent to me.
Nov 17, 2015Lord_Anarchy posted a message on Best online way to buy bulk uncommon/commons not picked throughI agree with broadening your search to buy entire collections. Oftentimes, I've found, is that you'll essentially "pay" for the cards worth X amount or more, and everything below that threshold is essentially your profit, and there can be a lot of hidden gems found that way. Other than that, I have had decent luck buying bulk lots off ebay. Common sense is important there, but it is still possible to get good deals if you read in between the lines.Posted in: Market Street Café
Nov 2, 2015Posted in: Market Street CaféQuote from World_Peace »
I anticipate the B/G being a durdly value deck and Wizards has not been shy about printing money in commander. Nothing beyond that though.
They've never just jammed in a $45 reprint into a commander set. Wurmcoil was only half of that despite a spike, before it got reprinted. The original commander had some nice cards, but even o-stone was only like $6 at the time. I wouldn't be sweating a Crucible reprint at all.
Nov 2, 2015There's another thing to consider when looking at the haves/wants ratio. Everytime you want a card and it is received, it goes onto your haves list, but marked as not for trade. Most people probably don't even bother taking them off. There's "only" 90 active wants of polluted delta (going by people who have the points for at least one of them). At the current rate of 10 being traded per day, that's only 9 days for the whole list to cycle, which isn't too bad. That 10/day number can be deceiving though since that counts the entire time the card has been available, and might not be accurate with current trends versus when the card first came out.Posted in: Market Street Café
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.