Quote from Culthero »Quote from Rancormaniac »Is there a dream card we need from WotC to further advance Stompy in this Modern meta? Something that can possibly make this deck break through to Tier 2 at least? I'm really curious.
Overshadowed Barkling G
Creature - Treefolk - U
Spend only mana produced by basic forests to cast Overshadowed Barkling.
Overshadowed Barkling gets -1/-1 for each nonbasic land you control.
G, sacrifice Overshadowed Barkling: Choose target artifact or enchantment. Its owner shuffles it into his or her library.
I hate tron, sword of F&F, etched champion, and other stuff that make our life miserable.
Quote from Rancormaniac »Is there a dream card we need from WotC to further advance Stompy in this Modern meta? Something that can possibly make this deck break through to Tier 2 at least? I'm really curious.
Quote from CurdBros »Congrats to Justin Prigel for his top 8 with Tooth and Nail at SCG Super IQ at Overland Park!
Quote from Zasse_G »Absolutely No! You can change and mix Vines with Blossom but don't touch Rancor or the Hydra, they should really be 4 of. I tried for long time with rancor all between 0-4. My conclusion was Rancor is greatest at 4.
Rancor is good because:
- Trample. It will prevent chump blocking with spirits, dorks, spawns which would give them more time to stabilize and find answers. Sometimes it just a few lifes away from the win and we want every swing to count, don't we?
- Enchantment that sticks - ie getting it back if a creature dies and recast on another to start attacking with that one. Always pressuring.
- We doesn't have to go wide ( which we shouldn't since it's bad to play out your hand and have all your creatures vulnerable for removal/wipe) , we should keep hitting the opponents with our fatties few a time.
- Offense: Added pressure with the +2 in attack to make opponent lose more life
- Defense: use the +2 attack as mean to trade with big creatures the opponent has
- Synergy with Vines, Hydra and Blossom to get extra damage through