Squirrels Nest - I love Ratatoskr and her Marvel appearances, but I also wanted to build Acornelia, and I do not like repeated combos in my decks.
Intruder Alarm - No longer serves a purpose sans Stuffy Doll combo. Never seems useful.
Siona, Captain of the Pyleas - Say hello to Lady Sif!
Shielded by Faith - Gotta have faith in your gods (reference to my favorite thor series, god of thunder!) Infinite tokens with Sif.
Concordant Crossroads - The 9 realms united together against their enemies! War of the Realms reference, as well as useful for voltron and creature combos.
- Registered User
Member for 9 years, 8 months, and 19 days
Last active Tue, Sep, 7 2021 17:05:30
- 8 Followers
- 1,822 Total Posts
- 76 Thanks
Nov 29, 2019Posted in: Multiplayer Commander DecklistsQuote from migrena »
Is the list from OP up to date? Editing date on it suggest it is from February while your latest post with changes is from June.Quote from LordRewind »Currently playtesting Emry and Castle Lochthwain, dropping a Vault of Whispers and Rakdos Signet. More updates to follow, including when the primer moves over to MTGNexus; but I wanted to post an updated none-the-less!
Yes, to a degree, I still havent finalized this test:
Quote from LordRewind »Currently playtesting Emry and Castle Lochthwain, dropping a Vault of Whispers and Rakdos Signet. More updates to follow, including when the primer moves over to MTGNexus; but I wanted to post an updated none-the-less!
Unfortunately my life has been dominated by work and my daughters since mid summer, so I haven't been able to devote time to play edh and properly test this list. I am likely going to finalize that change, I really like Emry, and Castle Lockthwaine is great in a pinch.
Nov 3, 2019Out:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
General's Kabuto - Honestly, didnt get as much use, and I don't need 2x Hel Crowns
Keiga, The Tide Star - Upgraded flavor to Ohran Frostfang
Hell's Caretaker - New Mephisto in town makes blood pacts
Tasigur, the Golden Fang - Never got mileage out of him since I don't do infinite mana
Ancient Excavation - Weak Flavor
Darksteel Plate - Expensive and not great. I will keep it nearby though if Hela gets hated off the table too much.
Massacre Girl - Lady Wizaria during her time as Kurse. Art of Female Kurse.
Rankle, Master of Pranks - Classic Thor Villain, the Grey Gargoyle. If he was to touch you, you'd turn to stone! Flavor and ability on point with pretty solid art.
Vilis, Broker of Blood - The new Mephisto on the block. Literally is signing a blood pact in the art. Too good to not upgrade to!
Ohran Frostfang - An amazing parallel to the World Serpent.
Command the Dreadhorde - Hela leading her army of the damned to wreck face!
Midnight Reaper - Avengers and Thor Villain - Grim Reaper! And c'mon, lets face it, too perfect to not include in a death deck.
Oct 13, 2019Currently playtesting Emry and Castle Lochthwain, dropping a Vault of Whispers and Rakdos Signet. More updates to follow, including when the primer moves over to MTGNexus; but I wanted to post an updated none-the-less!Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Oct 13, 2019Wow what a summer. Been crazy busy and haven't been able to post changes. I am currently in the process of converting everything over to MTGNexus, but in the mean time, here is an update:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Stuffy Doll - Without Druid's Call, overpriced and doesn't help us. Replaced with new Groot.
Druid's Call - Theming was weak.
Faeburrow Elder - New Groot!
Oko, Thief of Crowns - Loki examining one of his daggers
Exotic Orchard - Another representation of the Orchard of Adun.
Sep 22, 2019Posted in: Multiplayer Commander DecklistsThrone of Eldraine
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch - HELLO! This one has some serious merit. Firstly, probably a 1 drop for us, which is nice to begin with. ETB self mill is meh, doesn't hurt or help our overall strategy, but hooooo boy that activated ability can be downright delicious. This card deserves playtesting.
- Mirrormade - Not terrible, 3 mana copy artifact or enchant is versatile and not bad. If you can get a cheap copy, the effect is very powerful and worthy of inclusion.
- Corridor Monitor - Not-so-secret gem of the set. Goes infinite in lots of abuse-able ways, and if you like one of its combos, slot it in and use it as a versatile win condition piece.
- Fires of Invention - Explicitly calling out this nonbo card. This card clashes heavily with our best card, Possibility Storm. Do not run this.
- Revenge of Ravens - Neato little black pillowfort effect against token strategies. Worthy of inclusion if your meta is riddled with token decks.
- Sorcerous Spyglass - Not a bad card to shutdown opponents commanders or a card from their hand. That said, Pithing Needle is a superior card imo.
- Stonecoil Serpent - Repeat after me: junk rare.
- Heraldic Banner - Not a great card for us since our creatures tend to be colorless.
- Spinning Wheel - Could replace most 3 mana rocks since its more useful in the late game. Definitely worthy of consideration for the slot frequently taken by cards like Chromatic Lantern, Darksteel Ingot, and Coalition Relic
- The Royal Scions - Honestly, a tad on the dry side for me. Nothing for Mishra really. Too many better options for all their loyalty abilites.
- Castle Locthwain - A solid land. Risky if you have it in your opener, but a great utility land that can net you a card here or there as the game progresses.
- Fabled Passage - if for some reason you are still running T.Expanse or E.Wilds, then cut them for this. That said, not worth the 10 buck prices I have been seeing.
Let me know if you think I missed a noteworthy card and why and i'll add it to this list!
Jul 15, 2019FYI Everyone, I have dropped from the primer committee on this site, and will likely be transfering all my deck lists, threads, and conversations over to the new MTGNexus site. More to follow as I solidify that decision, but please stay tuned and I will keep you posted on where to get all your Mishra goodness!Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Jun 26, 2019Currently playtesting the following cards:Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
Daretti, Scrap Savant - At 4 mana, he is kind of expensive for all the more use I get out of him, and hes a kill on sight card for most opponents. Due to the fact he does not protect me or himself, and does not forward our goals, hes getting the temporary cut.
Skeleton Shard - While this card is decent at reviving artifact creatures, my build is less and less focused on durdling with recurring artifact creatures, which makes this card less valuable over time.
Karn, the Great Creator - A combo piece for us with Mycosynth Lattice in our deck, he can also turn our artifacts into chump blockers when necessary. His ability to bring back exiled cards is just icing on the cake.
Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge - A kill condition in his own right with our deck, also provides affinity to our creatures while providing a little incidental life gain.
Jun 1, 2019Well, its been a helluva ride here on MTGSalv, but it seems like things are coming to a close. I have been in communications with a lot of the staff here, and there will be an exodus to a new home. I intend to recreate the primer there, and will continue to share my opinions and experience.Posted in: Multiplayer Commander Decklists
I hope you all join me in the new space someday!
May 31, 2019As someone running twister in his version, do you think you'd include Echo of Eons as well? I believe that I would run Time Spiral before echo, since the untap mechanic is so incredibly powerful when we have all that mana freshly untapped, especially with High Tide (which is also in my current list). Flashback is strong, im just not sure I would run it.Posted in: Competitive Commander (cEDH)
Force of Negation is a definite include imo. I am curious to see how this card's price goes. I am hoping it goes the path of Assassin's Trophy, because I can't imagine picking up several copies at its current price.
Urza, Lord High Artificer is an amazing card, and I intend to make him my flagship cedh commander (RIP Teferi) just to pair him with Mishra when I go to game nights, but I am unsure of his value in this build. Firstly, since he isn't creating 'sol' permanents, his mana generation doesn't help our combo, and there are easier ways for us to exile or draw our deck to cast. He seems like he will be underwhelming in this 99, though I could be way off on this assessment.
Agreed on Prismatic Vista. I honestly cannot think of an edh deck i wouldn't slap that in. Even though it can't fetch duals, the fact that it deck thins, fetches, and can mana fix seems undeniably strong.
May 27, 2019Ask and you shall receive. You wanted yawgmoth? how about a removal, card draw, discard outlet, sac outlet, and proliferate engine?Posted in: Competitive Commander (cEDH)
May 23, 2019Gotta be honest, I think my days of playing CVT are over as soon as Urza arrives in the mail, haha. Now I can have Urza, and Mishra. I feel complete!Posted in: Competitive Commander (cEDH)
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.