In an effort to help streamline the MTGS Legacy forums, this thread is a resource hub for everyone considering the format. This thread should significantly cut down on the "hey I wanna get into Legacy, now what" threads.
1. Ban/Restricted List a. The actual list is here b. If you're not 100% happy, discuss it here
2. Investing in Legacy
If you're down to play the format, it's going to take some amount of capital. I want to applaud the following members for their hard work in consolidating much of this info already: a. Combo format overview + budget guide to Legacy by -spooky- here b. Deck prices established by XeroNinja here c. Want to stockpile cards but don't know what you should obtain? Barl, Artificer has the list of Legacy must-haves here d. A deck also needs a sideboard. Don't worry, Xanth has the bible here
3. What deck to play?
-spooky- has a very good overview of the format. However, more detailed deck-specific explanations, known as primers, are required for decks in the established area. There are a handful of decks in developing that have equal-caliber primers. Remember what you play is ultimately your decision.
I've looked through a lot of the decks on here and the source, but most of the decks were too expensive, now that I'm looking into focusing more of my extra cash on legacy cards, I'm not sure where to actually start.
b. Not looking to spend a lot here c. Undeveloped Meta here c. "Starting on a budget" here d. "Combo for $200-300" here
2. Cash to Blow a. "$900, let's be competitive" here b. "$1000 bucks, now what?" here
3. Balanced Budget a. "Considering decks of the same $ value" here b. "Another deck to the collection" here c. "Back from hiatus, consolidating, has several hundred dollars for decks" here d. "Back from hiatus" here e. "I have some goodies, looking to add more and make a deck" here f. "What storm combo to play?" here
4. New a. "Something easy" here b. "I think I want combo or control" here c. "My friend is a beginner" here d. "Migrating from another format" here
Issues/Criticism/Debate of Legacy
1. B/R discussion *link in above post*
2. Finances and the Reserve List here
3. How to Invest here