This is my take on Teysa, Orzhoc Scion. Over the years I've been very leery about building a EDH deck around this particular General because of how quickly she becomes abusive/oppressive; and especially within our kitchen table meta - which tends to be more casual - I never wanted to build a deck where she's being targeted simply for who she is and not for what the deck can do.
Which brings me to my next card - when Priest of Forgotten Gods was spoiled, I knew the time has come for Teysa, Orzhoc Scion to finally see the spotlight. Building around the Cleric tribe, this deck is intended to bring out the clerics in the early game, sacrifice them to generate spirits in the mid game, and control my opponents board as I pay pump and finishers in the late game.
This build is intended to defeat my opponents through aggro and control. However, this deck has been specifically designed to strongly avoid combo - as it is so easy to achieve with Teysa at the helm. Therefore, no sacrifice effects unless it has a mana cost (Teysa herself obviously being the only exception, but you have to sacrifice 3 creatures....so hopefully that's the balance.) Also no oppressive sacrifice effects/triggers so that my opponents get to play the game too. I'm even avoiding the classic Blood Artist type effects in the interest of pressing other means to victory.
I call this deck "Church of Teysa"
All my decks adhere to these guidelines:
1) Be able to win.
2) Be mostly true to a flavor and a theme.
3) Be good against one or multiple opponents.
5) Be fun to pilot or to play against and interactive.
6) Have multiple paths to victory.
7) Have lots of cool interactions and synergy.
8) Play out differently every game to keep it fun over a long time.
9) Be streamlined and fast to play without excessive upkeep, time-consuming play or overcomplicated boardstates.
10) Integrate the Commanders abilities into the strategy at least a little, but be able to win without ever playing the commander.
The number in front of the card will denote CMC of the creature/spell.