Decided to take some goodstuff out of my box and put together a decklist: Nekusar, the Mindrazaer was selected, partly due to available cards and partly due to the fun I will have (and to my opponent's annoyance) of all the draw and discard effects I'll be running.
Update: Nekusar is REALLY turning out well and is currently my most entertaining deck to play...both for myself and for my opponents. Instead of pillowfort during the early game, I push for an agro-rush with haste-creatures. When my opponents use their kill spells and hate on my speed, I switch modes and put down the draw-pain cards and use tempo to win. Overall, this deck is proving to be quite resilient.
All my decks try to adhere to these guidelines:
1) Be able to win.
2) Be mostly true to a flavor and a theme.
3) Be good against one or multiple opponents.
5) Be fun to pilot or to play against and interactive.
6) Have multiple paths to victory.
7) Have lots of cool interactions and synergy.
8) Play out differently every game to keep it fun over a long time.
9) Be streamlined and fast to play without excessive upkeep, time-consuming play or overcomplicated boardstates.
10) Integrate the Commanders abilities into the strategy at least a little, but be able to win without ever playing the commander.
The number in front of the card will denote CMC of the creature/spell.
I'm really liking how this deck is performing. Had to cut out some mundane cards....the flexibility was nice, but hard counters have more impact when I'm trying to protect my board position and bleed engine.
Please refer to the OP for decklist and changelog.