So Rebels was my first deck I ever built when I started playing back in Mercadian / Invasion T2 days, I still have my 60 card deck together but still had a ton of Rebels laying around so I built this..
My friday night basement playgroup is pretty casual and this deck has won the last two times I played it.... Any suggestions would be welcome.
1/24/13 *** DECK UPDATE **
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails, + Soltari Visionary, Rebels is mana intensive as it is and I never seemed to have mana open to use his abilities plus the Visionary can take out nasty enchantments.
- Michiko Kondra, Truth Seeker, + Soltari Champion, Shadow is great and this guy can pump my other attacking dudes.
- Divine Reckoning, + Mass Calcify, still not sure about this one but not alot of other white creatures that I play against.
- Rebuff the Wicked, + Ray of Restoration, Needed more Artifact and enchantment hate.
- Shared Triumph, + Silverblade Paladin, while most of creatures are rebels I really wanted to play this guy since I pulled so we shall see.
- Cleansing Meditation, + Shield Dancer, With rebels it hard to reach threshhold so I went with another rebel as I added the Visionary above.
- Thunder Totem, + Doubling Cube, the cube has been in many decks from 2 to 3 colors and never seemed to work the way I wanted to so now its time to test in mono color deck which it should do alot better.
Updated 11/22/13 - (*) = recent changes with explanations below
- Doubling Cube, + Umezawa's Jitte - I never could get the cube going so I added another Equipment and may be one of the best equipments printed so we'll see how it goes.
- Dreamstone Hedron, + Door of Destinies - I pulled one in M14 and decided to add to my deck as the Hedron was to mana intensive and adding more pump to my Rebels seems like a better choice.
- Mass Calcify , + Spear of Heloid, Too many white creatures in my group for Calcify to be effective so I added Spear of Heliod instead as more pump and ability to kill a creature seemed so much better.
- 3 Plains, + Mistveil Plains, + Thespian Stage, + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - Just better lands over all. Mistveil allows me to put non-rebels on the bottom of my library as controlling two white permanents should not be a problem and the same can be said about having a decent devotion count for Nykthos and Thespian lets me copy any of the many utility lands my opponents play if need be.
Mercadian Atlas -> Mentor of the Meek rebels tend to be small and thus mentor usually works well with them to draw cards. I really never want to be missing land drops in my build so the atlas seems a little lacking.
Door of Destinies -> Coat of Arms you really dont want to be casting rebels and it only triggers on cast so I would probably turn it into a different pump effect.
Phyrexian Rebirth -> Austere Command I like the versatility of the command as you can make it fit what you need at the time. Lots of rebels are in the low cost as well so you can blow up the expensive creatures and keep most of the rebels.
Your rebel package looks a little on the large size. Its not a problem but I guess I would wonder which of them you tend to utilize less than the others. I know I tend to really use like 5 or so of the rebels really regularly and the others are sort of situational but in my case, I cut some of them like Shield Dancer because Defiant Vanguard did a better job for me most of the time. I have also been mostly unimpressed by Cho-Arrim Bruiser regardless of wanting to make him work. I also dont really see a need for the gliders in most cases as the light/law bringers answer those colored issues already.
Distorting Lens it works well with Lawbringer and Lightbringer to let you exile regardless of color. I think its fun as well as you can nullify swords with it by turning an opponents sword the color it protects from and it will fall off. You run the gliders as well and a sword so it looks like you could use it in a few ways.
Phyrexian Processor fun with Children of Korlis as you can drop a large portion of your life total into the processor and then recover it with the children. You can even net gain life if you have enough mana to tuck and re-tutor them.
Always glad to see others busting out some rebellion though
Hmm Coat of Arms is interesting as really the only other tribe being run in my group is Rhys and his elf buddies, so this may work better as casting Rebels is not always utilized as searching is sometimes the better option.
I also like the Distorting Lens tech not sure if I own one but if I don't it is next on my radar to get, as I never thought of the color changing abilities and making the Bringers even more powerful.
I own a Decree and Zenith and will consider them, don't own a Processor but I like what you posted and is cheap enough to get to try out, I would run Austere Command if I had a extra but it's in another deck.
There is alot of graveyard hate in my group so it can be shaky getting Rebels back in my Library so that why my count is a little high, I will be playing the deck this weekend and I'll adjust from there but thanks for the response and input as I have read your primer and it's very good read re: Rebels.