A little bit about it: I first built it when I noticed that the majority of my local shop was casting Terastodons and other green-based monsters. I also noticed a distinct lack of blue cards being played. At first, I wanted to just build a straight mono-blue deck, but then I realized that I could just play Oona and keep it mostly blue. There are enough dual lands to cast the few black spells, plus there's Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.
- Wizards: This package just sort of naturally happened. First, there was Azami, Trinket Mage, and Treasure Mage. Then Teferi came along, and then Riptide Laboratory. I'm working on adding a Vedalken Aethermage to the party.
- Trinkets and Treasures: This started out when I tried to run a package with Salvaging Station. I eventually cut the Station, but there were plenty of other good things to dig up.
A few notes on the "big spells". There are only four left, but those four are always game-breakers.
- First, there's Bribery. Nothing quite like bribing the mono-green players for my choice of Ulamog, Terastodon, P-Titan, BSC, etc.
- Next, there's Gather Specimens, because the only thing better than plucking a guy out of someone's deck is stealing it away when they try to play it themselves. Oh, and it's great when I steal one creature from someone and then they try to play another creature afterwards, only to find out that I get that one too.
- Rite of Replication. Every time I cast it with kicker, it's just the most fun you can have in this format.
- Finally, Time Stop, because there's nothing better than telling someone that they're done with their turn.
Leyline of Anticipation seems to take up a slot for only one card - Rite of Replication. That's almost worth it though lol. That is my favorite play.
Leyine works with Duplicant too I suppose, but Clone just seems better here because it copies the creatures mechanics and abilities too.
Leyline and Vedalken Orrery are both there to give my whole hand flash, including sorceries like the Rite (kicked, of course), but also all my creatures and all of my artifacts (EOT flash in Gauntlet of Power and untap with huge mana, or respond to someone else's Disk with a Darksteel Forge). Being able to wait to play any of my spells whenever I want is a HUGE advantage for me.
@Clone: I think Sakashima and Vesuvan Shapeshifter are a little better at copying stuff than just a Clone. And no, I have no desire to Pickles-lock anyone.
Ah. That makes sense.
I still argue on behalf of Clone though - especially with a Leyline out. Low cmc, instant beater or legend removal the second someone casts one, not susceptible to removal like the shapeshifters.
(although, the last example can be argued due to the heavy presence of counter spells in the game)
Leyline (and Vedalken Orrery) works for ALL non-land permanents, not just creatures.
UPDATE: I swapped out Gilded Lotus for Thran Dynamo...
- I only have one Lotus, and multiple Dynamos.
- My new Geth deck needs every mana rock it can get.
- Oona can use the Dynamo just as well as the Lotus.
EDIT: I'll probably change Coalition Relic to Eye of Ramos for the same reason, as soon as I find an Eye.