Real talk, every time I take on UW Control (which is often because it is everywhere on MTGO), it feels like an impossible match-up. Has anyone seen success in devoting SB cards to the match-up? If so, which cards have helped? I usually go with the following.
When you guys are struggling to get delirium online, have you guys every played a Death's Shadow (DS) when your life is above 12 just to get a creature in the graveyard?
I have ran into a few situations where I have had a transverse, a few fetchlands (which I kept flooding on), and a DS in hand at 15 life. The graveyard had 3 types, artifact, sorcery, and land. Do you hold on a turn and focus on playing a 1/1 DS next turn, or play the DS automatically sending it to the graveyard to get delirium, and grab a Tarmogoyf?
GB/x shadow lists lost a larger hold, while UB/x has risen in play.
What do you guys think this means for the deck? To me, it looks like the meta is just adjusting to the presence of the GB/x shadow decks.
Hi all, how AM I supposed to side against kikki chord ? I play with thé white splash
As a former kiki chord player, a few cards in the shadow list really stand out.
1. Liliana, the Last Hope - amazing against all the mana dorks and small critters they run.
2. Discard - great for taking apart the ramp and combo pieces.
1. Anger of the Gods - Backbreaking against an established board
2. Nihil Spellbomb - Stop Eternal Witness shenanigans. Prevents them from buying back Chord of Calling or anything else.
3. Fulminator Mage - Kiki mana bases tend to be greedy, especially when they splash a 4th color for black or blue. Punish them.