Quote from elderscrollsnick »I think we need some more DATA........
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY
Quote from solaris29 »1) Best multiplayer COMBO commander: Sidisi, Undead Vizier
2) Best multiplayer CONTROL commander: Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
3) Best multiplayer AGGRO commander: Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
4) MOST FUN commander to play in multiplayer: Phelddagrif
5) MOST FUN commander to play AGAINST in multiplayer: vial smasher the fierce
6) Best 1v1 commander (Traditional)idk
7) Best 1v1 commander (Duel / French)idk
8) Best Pauper commander idk
9) Best Tiny Leaders commander: idk
10) Best 2HG Commander: Purphoros
Quote from quixotegut »1) Best multiplayer COMBO commander = Animar, Soul of Elements
2) Best multiplayer CONTROL commander = Norin the Wary
3) Best multiplayer AGGRO commander = Krenko, Mob Boss
4) MOST FUN commander to play in multiplayer = Norin the Wary or Animar, Soul of Elements
5) MOST FUN commander to play AGAINST in multiplayer = bwah?
6) Best 1v1 commander (Traditional) = buh.
7) Best 1v1 commander (Duel / French) = muh.
8) Best Pauper commander = fuh.
9) Best Tiny Leaders commander = Animar, Soul of Elements
10) Best 2HG Commander = wuh.
Quote from darkeshrine »#2: Karador, Ghost Chieftain, especially against counterspell-type control and aggro decks.
#6: Glissa the Traitor and Toshiro Umezawa. The playstyle being so far out of what those colors are typically allowed in the color pie makes for really fun games. I really wish there were more like these, like a legendary Monastery Mentor or something.
Quote from SlaveToPhage »#3 Marchesa the Black Rose
#4 Intet the Dreamer
#5 Vial Smasher the Fierce +/- X
Quote from Macabre »#1 I would have to say Zur the Enchanter Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, or Sidisi, Undead Vizier, since having a tutor in the command zone makes for highest consistency.
#2 would be Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir for spell-heavy metas, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV for average metas, and Derevi, Empyrial Tactician for voltron heavy meta's
#3 is Maelstrom Wanderer due to value.
#6, IMO is Wydwen, the Biting Gale due to personal preference and fandom. Zur the Enchanter, Vendilion Clique, and Nin, the Pain Artist are all good contenders as well.
#9 - I hate the format, so I have no information. If I were to ever play this format, I would most likely build nin, the pain artist. From an outsiders perspective, Geist of Saint Traft seems like an unfair commander for tiny leaders.
Edit; possibly just my own meta, but we are more interested in playing 2-headed giant before any other edh variants like horde. There is also archenemey and planechase, you could add in three more selections for these supplements.
Quote from DirkGently »1-3 - idc
4 - Phelddagrif (control)
5 - People seemed to like my circu deck. I feel a bit weird voting for my own deck, especially since it always lost, but all the people I play with these days either build goodstuff ramp or a slightly modified 2016 precon so it's hard to give a crap.
6-7 - idc
8 - no one plays it (sadly)
9 - no one plays it (happily)
10 - no one ever played it (???)
Quote from Anark »First of all, I'd like to say its great that we're starting one of these threads as I remember referring to Rockondon's thread when I was first getting into EDH and I remember how much it helped me as a newcomer.
1) Best Multiplayer combo commander: Its the undisputed fastest clock with a great degree of control and consistency to boot; Zur the enchanter for sure.
2) Best Multiplayer control commander: I'd say Derevi, empyrial tactician Stax. The whole deck isn't designed to win; its designed to stop your opponents from winning while you attack with hatebears.
3) Best Multiplayer aggro commander: Purphoros, god of the forge if going for an aggro full-table knock-out. Xenagos, god of revels for the best aggro burst commander.
4) Most fun commander to play in Multiplayer: easily Norin the wary. Watching your opponents go from laughing to horrified in minutes is gold. Everytime.
5) Most fun commander to play against in Multiplayer: Lazav, dimir mastermind. Every game is different VSing this guy.
Quote from JWK »"Best" would seem tend to imply a primary concern for winning, i.e., a fairly competitive mindset, and I'll pass. That's not at all why I play this format. Honestly, I detest most of the commanders that are widely considered among the "best." I've never had an enjoyable game against the likes of Arcum, Derevi or Zur; rather, I find them memorable only for how tedious they are to play against.
#4 is hard for me to judge, because I like a wide range of commanders quite a bit, and because different people have such radically different ideas of "fun." I'm going to vote for my favorite, though, which is Ruric Thar, the Unbowed. Ruric Thar messes with a lot of favored strategies without being entirely oppressive. He's particularly enjoyable when combined with Possibility Storm, which ranks high among my personal favorite EDH cards and which is the only "chaos" card I truly enjoy, but I like that it's difficult to reliably tutor for P. Storm in Thar's colors, which prevents games from playing too much alike.
#5, I'm going to cast a vote for Experiment Kraj, simply because I have never, ever had a boring game with Kraj across the table. Kraj decks built with even a modest degree of skill tend to pull all sorts of interesting shenanigans, and the games never seem to play out the same. In my experience, Kraj decks can reliably take games without being overpowering or unpleasant to play against.
Quote from elderscrollsnick »#4 I am pretty keen on my Squee, Goblin Nabob deck. It is not really designed to win it is more or less to blow people out of the water when their let there guards down. It consists of Big Red mana. Big mana sinks. And Doublers..... like mana doublers damage doublers. It is fun not very competitive though. Just make sure you get the old art if you build it. I got most of my inspiration from another list on this site called double this double that. But I only have like 3 win cons... wurmcoil.......inferno titian......fireball.....
I am going crazy I need to start brewing real decks.
Suggestions welcome... PM me
Quote from ISBPathfinder »Well...
#1-3 imply that we have consistent tournament results which we mostly do not for a national meta for this format so I am not under the impression that it can ever be answered with any sort of certainty.
4) Eye of the beholder but.... I guess I will go with anything that is whackey and or out of the norm. For me currently, I guess I will go with Kozilek, the Great Distortion right now just because there is some bit of rush just mashing the ramp button into an enormous end bringing eldrazi. Any and every answer will vary and my answer based on my mood and what decks I have together will change.
5) again eye of the beholder, I guess I would answer with some sort of interesting synergistic build that is not hug, fort, planeswalker, stax, stasis, combo, or MLD. In short, a fair deck that does something proactively rather than sitting back or reducing interaction.
#6-10) No idea I dont play.
Quote from Elminster » 1.) Azami, Lady of Scrolls. She is just pure awesomeness. She is sweet, iconic, graceful, and elegant as the Best Combo General.