Quote from Tev »Quote from CentralCommand »Combat Celebrant seems like a great fit for the deck
I had the exact same thought. And the best part is you can Sac him and have him ready to go the next turn. 5 power on a Dethrone swing isn't bad. I think we've found a definite replacement for Scourge of the Throne.
Quote from CentralCommand »Combat Celebrant seems like a great fit for the deck
Quote from OneShotGame »I gave this deck some more spins (like 8 games). Things I want you to know/discuss:
1. this deck is awesome to play, and pretty good, too. I won 2 more pods (out of 3, 75%ish meta)
2. chaining xiahou dun, the one-eyed and living death is awesome
3. grenzo, havoc raiser is a beast in this deck
4. I'll cut Feldon of the Third path for saheeli rai, if i see this right, they both do the same thing here and saheeli's versatility and "haste" is basically an upgrade.
5. Ashling the Pilgrim is another 2 drop I'd like to test, this deck is (due to its transmute and transfigure toolbox) stacked at the 4 cmc spot. my basic idea is to remove some of these clunky 4 drops, exchange them for 2 drops (tuktuk scrapper --> torch fiend for example) and make the deck faster and more interactive early on. if that suceeds, the clunky 4 drop tutors can be swapped for demonic tutor and vampiric tutor
6. the deck needs more ways to interact with opponents at instant speed, I opted for arcane denial and hero's downfall
Quote from theonecalledrune »I can agree on the fathom feeder. If you haven't tried crypt rats, they are insane. No way I will be dropping them.