• A new mechanic that removes something never removed before Poison countersEnergy countersExperience countersCommander statusEmblemsBasic, the land type Actually, I'm running out of ideas.
• A popular and powerful creature card from an Innistrad set gets reprinted Delver of Secrets We might end up with something like Insolent Neonate depending on their idea of "popular". At least Insolent Neonate is efficient and powerful enough to end up in Modern decks.
• A new artifact token, along the lines of Clue, Food and Treasure
I'm thinking Blood tokens. They can't be blood titheing for nothing, right?
• A mechanic that first appeared as a faction mechanic returns
It would be pretty ironic if Surveil returned when it almost returned on Consider. Bloodthirst and Spectacle also seem pretty likely, though. Alternately, the humans can try Convoke.
• A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card
I agree with the speculation that it could very well be Hal and Alena or maybe Olivia and Edgar. Part of me thinks it'll be Ludevic and Olag, possibly literally combined together (i.e. we finally get the payoff from Midnight Hunt where Ludevic's description implied he might incorporate himself into his latest creation and die with a bang that way).
• A new card that lets you cast certain cards off the top of your library
Watch us be disappointed and find they're instants and sorceries. Alternately, with more excitement, we could be casting Vampire cards off the top!
• A legendary character returns, but now as a Vampire
I agree with the speculation that Katilda is one of the most likely characters to get turned. I don't think it'll be Odric, and I really don't think it'll be Thalia or Rem. Adeline does seem like an ironic possibility, though.
• “Choose a number between 0 and 13.”
I suspect this involves betting (a la the person with the highest number doing something with it).
• “with mana value less than or equal to the number of Vampires you control”
I want to do something with 1 or fewer Vampires, dang it!
• “If it’s red, you may cast it this turn.”
This better make it into red decks in Modern.
• “Zombies you control have flying.”
Geralf finally figured out something awesome!
• “At the beginning of your upkeep, any opponent may sacrifice a creature.”
If none do, you get to do something awesome. Alternately, if any do, you get to do something sucky. Shame I think this'll end up on something like Desecration Demon.
• “Then if you control exactly thirteen permanents,”
You better win the game if you have exactly 13 permanents.
• Creature – Serpent Egg
So the Coiled One actually gets its children into the set?
• Legendary Creature – Spirit Warlock
I agree with the bets that this is most likely Katilda. ...Or maybe someone else who perished against the werewolves last round.
• Legendary Creature – Slug Horror
Slug tribal - the tribal I never knew I needed! Maybe, just maybe, we get clione-based slugfolk in Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty? The Japanese sure like their sea slug-folk a lot more than we do...(e.g. Disgaea's clione-folk, Manaphy, Phione, MarineAngemon)
• Legendary Creature – Vampire Noble (two new ones)
For some reason, I'm betting that one of them is the long-anticipated Runo Stromkirk. ...Which leaves the other up for debate. Maybe a new Falkenrath?
"A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card"
Must be Hal and Alena, right? That would be a good set for a couple of hunters...
A new mechanic that removes something never removed before
"Mechanic" implies something that would be done across multiple cards. I think it would be possible for a card to remove Emblems but I seriously doubt WotC would create a set of cards whose only real purpose is hosing something that's supposed to be both very rare and very powerful.
That's a really good point, actually. I figured emblems were a long shot, but you've convinced me it's definitely not them.
Cataphract of the Swarm
When Cataphract of the Swarm enters the battlefield, target opponent gets a poison counter.
1, Remove a poison counter from an opponent: Target Phyrexian gains indestructible until end of turn.
it comes up due to calamity bearer is the other card in this thread leaked supposedly
There is no reason why a peasant can't be legendry. They give up their life to protect there home... basically Champion of the Parish (which, by the way is what I hope the powerful reprint will be) but as a legendry.
I'll be honest a legendry peasant is the card here I'm most excited for. Please let it be a powerful 1 drop!
About a new mechanic that removes something never removed before ; Just saw this response today from Maro on Blogatog:
Hey Mark, just about 2 years ago you answered a question about interacting with emblems, and you responded saying you were softening on it and believed that it may one day happen. Can I get a maybe : ) for the thing to be removed that has never been removed before to be emblems?
Maybe. : )
It's a pretty vague answer, but my bet is that emblems are now fair game to be removed. If so, I would find this surprising, since enabling emblems is so difficult, at least from my experience.
It's a non-answer, he say always maybe in both cases unless it's something completely unreasonable (like printing a blue lightning bolt). The argument "but he choose to answer this one specifically" doesnt mean much, it just means that he casually saw your request in that moment among hundreds of other requests he receive each day and never see the light of day (like basically all my questions to him lol)