Khans of Tarkir block
* A unique draft structure: the block is Large/small/Large where the small set is drafted with each large set separately: 1) Khans/Khans/Khans, 2) "Dewey"/Khans/Khans, 3) "Louie"/"Louie"/ "Dewey".
* Khans of Tarkir is a wedge set but it is not a wedge block as the story is about change.
* The block has a time travel element, it is a time travel story
Khans of Tarkir
* Kahns is a bottom up set
* Tarkir is a plane of five warring clans. Each worships one aspect of the (now extinct) dragons...
* The five clans are based around a single color in WUBRG order with one ally and one enemy)
* Each clan has a three-color leader (aka the khans or warlords)
* Kahns killed the dragons.
* Each clan has dragon attributes
* Each clan gets it’s own mechanic plus morph so there are six mechanics
* WBG (centered in white). The Abzan Houses Dragon aspect: Endurance. Symbol: Scale of the Dragon. Khan: Anafenza
* URW (centered in blue). The Jeskai Way Dragon aspect: Cunning. Symbol: Eye of the Dragon. Khan: Narset
* BGU (centered in black). The Sultai Brood Dragon aspect: Ruthlessness. Symbol: Fang of the Dragon. Khan: Sidisi
* RWB (centered in red). The Mardu Horde Dragon aspect: Speed. Symbol: Wings of the Dragon. Khan: Zurgo Helmsmasher. Orcs
* GUR (centered in green). The Temur Frontier Dragon aspect: Savagery. Symbol: Claw of the Dragon. Khan: Surrak Dragonclaw
* Morph possibly isn't the only returning mechanic
* The clan cards will have watermark symbols on them
* Sarkhan Vol is featured, he returns to his home world.
The look of morph
Symbols and attributes of the clans
Deset plains of the Abzan Houses
Armor from dragonscales
Anafenza - The Khan of Abzan -, riding her Ibex chariot
Misty mountain lakes of the Jeskai Way
Martial artists, mystics and monks.
The delicate touch of a Jeskai Monk Master taking out an orc.
Narset - The Khan of Jeskai is a master martial artist, sage and scholar.
Steaming swamps of the Sultai Brood
The decadent and merciless elite of Tarkir
Rakshasa Cat Demon
Sidisi - The Khan of Sultai
The rocky wastes of Tarkir.
Fearsome warriors that live for the heat of battle
Zurgo, Helmsmasher - The Khan of Mardu
Zurgo, Helmsmasher (bis)
The arctic wilderness of Tarkir
Fierce rugged survivors
Surrak Dragonclaw - The Khan of Temur
Surrak Dragonclaw (bis)
* Khans prerelease will have you pick a clan
* Five Clan packs
* Activity where you fight for your clan
* Forty possible prerelease cards. One dated and stamped prerelease card random from a pool of eight for each Clan pack. One of which will be the khan.
From the Vault: Annihilation
* Armageddon (new art)
* Wrath of God (new art)
* Living Dead (art from MTG online)
* Rolling Eathquake
* Cataclysm (new art)
Wrath of God
Duel Decks' Anthology
* New product, combines the first four Duel Decks (Elves vs. Goblins, Jace vs. Chandra, Divine vs. Demonic & Garruk vs. Liliana) all in new card frames
* Released December 12, 2014
Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning
* The two sides represent aspects of the dragon matching the clans Mardu and Jeskai (from Khans of Tarkir).
* Zurgo, Helmsmasher. RWB Orc Warrior
* Arcanis the Omipotent (alternate art)
Packaging and Zurgo
* Out November 7th
* 5 monocolor Commander decks (100 cards each)
* 337 different cards
* Each deck contains 15 new cards (with some overlaps; 61 total)
* A cycle of monocolored planeswalkers. These are special ones allowed to be Commanders (for example Teferi, Temporal Archmage)
* A cycle of monocolored legendary creatures that are characters from Magic’s past that never got a card (for example Ghoulcaller Gisa)
Can't wait for the mods to come back and admit the instant deletion of the FtV leak was a mistake. Only thing I can figure is they got a C&D or something. The only excuse they had was "the font looked wrong."