* Theros is to Greek mythology what Innistrad was to gothic horror
* Top-down design. Many nods to elements of the stories of Greek myth
* The set has gods, heroes and monsters. Each has a new mechanic tied to it
* Theros will be an enchantment block that plays off building blocks in M14.
* The block has an enchantment theme that's somehow connected to the gods
* Not just "enchantment matters". Game play needs to part of the set. Found a way to take enchantments and bring gods to life.
* Another theme of Theros will be Heroes -- Magic's take on classic mythological tropes.
* The mood and tone of Greek myth: adventure, achievement, accomplishment. Hero's journey.
* Monsters are another theme. Heroes need something to fight. Awesome monsters
* Not a lot of tribal but if you like Minotaurs this set is for you.
* Polukranos, Worldeater (Mythic Hydra)
* five gods which adhere to the color wheel: Heliod (white), Erebos (black), Nylea is the god of the hunt (green), Thassa (blue)
* Five total mechanics in Theros. Including something people have been asking for
* Three new mechanics. One for the Heroes, Monsters, and Gods.
* Of the other two mechanics, one is a repeated mechanic brought back that strongly hits the flavor of Greek mythology;
* the second returning mechanic is a mechanic that the developers thought had potential but didn’t live up to it first time out - it has been mechanically retweaked and given a new name and flavor. This last mechanic is also tied to the gods
* Three Planeswalkers; one of which is Elspeth with two new ones.
* Also Gorgons, Hydras
* There will be more legendary permanents than normal - not Kamigawa but above average
* Mostly monocolored with a little monocolored theme
* There will be a handful of gold cards (it is NOT a gold set).
* There is a Future shifted card in Theros.
* The set does something that's never done before except on another Future Sight card.
* Theros is a large set, Born of the Gods is small, Journey into Nyx is small. Classic draft format.
* Story: Elspeth doesn't want to be a hero. Elspeth does not believe she will be called on to be a leader in a world of gods. Gods can take multiple forms and walk among mortals.
* Gods live in Nyx.
* Three major walled cities. Meletis, Akris, Setessa.
* Theros is very dangerous land outside of the cities. Elspeth will fight a Hydra. And attracts attention of Heliod.
* Prerelease activities: a Hero's Pack for Theros that will continue through whole block.
* Bringing back Prerelease packs.
* Players will get Hero cards in their prerelease packs.
* Hero cards act like a Vanguard.
* The hero cards not have Magic backs and do not go into the deck.
* Complete the nine quests on the Hero's Path to earn Hero cards to use at Game Day.
* Quest 1 is Choose a Path.
* Second step is at the Release weekend. Get a second hero card.
* Step three at Game Day is Face the Hydra. Play against a Challenge deck with special back and special cards.
* Card from Theros without text. With new card frame!!!
* New Commander product due out ... November 1st, 2013. Five new decks. 15 new cards in each deck. 51 new cards.
* Three color shard decks for this product
* Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge (Mythic Vampire Wizard)
More than anything, I think I'm interested in the FTV spoilers. The last few sets have been lackluster, I'm hoping for 20 to rekindle some excitement.
On the other hand, I feel like the cards themselves won't make me too excited about the product, I mean the street price will be adjusted based on the goodies includes. I think turning FTV into a relatively frequent product has diluted excitement for it.
It's still really no excuse that you'll have to wait until the middle of the week for their footage to be posted. You'll be able to see the panel on Youtube way, way, way sooner than on the mothership.