In this game, players are trying to make a deck from cards they acquire at the Marketplace. These cards are designed by the other players, who get rewarded if their cards are popular. But among the sellers, there may be some swindlers who are actually designing cards for themselves! So be wary of a card that seems too strong! And try not to get labeled a swindler!
- To sign up, choose a 3 color combination (so, any shard or wedge.)
- At the end of the game, you need to make a 40 card deck in those colors, but at the start you only own basic lands.
- For 10 rounds, you can buy cards from the Marketplace. Then you may spend extra gold on the Night Market. Then you build your deck.
- To begin this phase, I'll post the round's theme.
- I'll also PM two players to be the round's swindlers. (Totally random, any player may be a swindler at any time.)
- These swindlers are actually designing a card for their own decks, and players that would buy from a swindler get their gold taken with nothing in return.
- Each player Private Messages me with their card design, to be sold at the Marketplace.
- In addition to the Round theme, your design must be at least one of your colors (and no color outside of your identity.)
- After I post the cards, we begin the Market phase.
- Each player Private Messages me their bids, and name who they believe are Swindlers. (If you are Swindler, you name just one other player.)
- You can bid on up to three cards each round, from 1 to 3 gold each.
- After I get all the bids, I announce the results.
- Each player that made the highest bid for a card, pays the price, and gets it.
- If all players that could bid on your card do so, you get 1 gold (regardless on how much is spent.)
- If all players that could bid on your card bid 2 or more gold on it, you get an extra 1 gold.
- If half or more of other players name you as the swindler (even if you aren't!):
- You don't receive gold from selling this round.
- If you are actually the swindler, you also don't get your card in your deck, and players who named you as Swindler get to buy it as normal.
- Each player that guesses a swindler gets 1 gold for swindler caught.
If your card is too strong, you'll get named as a swindler, and you won't receive gold that turn. So try to aim for a card that is attractive enough to get bids, but not too strong that you get named a swindler. If you are a swindler, you have an extra incentive to make a strong card, since it goes into your deck, and other players that bid on it lose the gold, and don't get the card... but the same warning applies, try to fly under the radar.
- Now players build 40-card decks from the cards they've acquired (or designed and swindled.)
- We'll vote on who we believe have the best decks.
- For the best two decks, I'll actually print and play a match to determine the final winner. See your cards in action!
So start Signing up! Pick any 3 colors, but try to be diverse. This game will last for 10 rounds of a week each, so if you can't post on a week, no problem, but you'll be at a disadvantage, having played 1 round less.