Alright, so the first round of Spellcaster was a failed experiment. Magi falling asleep, cats out of bags, the whole nine yards. Did our viewers like it? Most certainly not. So, we've spiced things up, increased the action.
So, who's in, who's out, and who's cooking dinner?
The Rules Here you go. I know it seems rather complicated, but think of it like chess, where you have a set of performable moves at any one time and the order in which you perform this is most important. However, some of the rules are confusing or not fit for a duel of more than two wizards. Here are some erratas, clarifications, and unique-to-these-forums rules.
1. At the beginning of a round, I will post an md5 of my play onto the forum. You will submit moves to me through private messaging by the posted deadline. You must select your right hand's move, your left hand's move, which spells to cast if you have multiple choices on a single hand, targets if eligible, and anything else I message you to clarify. Failure to do so by the deadline will result in doing nothing with both hands that round. If you do nothing with both hands two rounds in row, or on a regular basis, your wizard will automatically drop out and you may or may not be blacklisted from participating in the future, depending on the circumstances under which this occurred. If life gets too busy, just make the palm signal with both hands, signaling that you surrender, as there is no penalty for doing so. Besides losing, of course.
2. Rounds will last 48-72 hours each (or until everyone has sent in a choice)
3. The spell Blindness can not be cast.
4. I will personally roll the dice for Confusion.
5. The choice of hand for Paralysis must be made before all gestures are revealed, however you will be notified by private message as to what your target's hand gesture's are for that turn, so that you may choose the hand to best benefit you.
6. Confused about any of the rules? Make a post in this thread and I'll add a clarification here.
To sign up, make a post including the name of wizarding persona (it can even be your own name), plus any other details you want to add. You will then be added into the game list. I will only run one game of up to eight players at any given time, but even if there's a game currently running feel free to sign up, as you will be simply be auto-included for the next game, unless you notify me in-between that you will no longer be able to participate.
Sign ups will last for 5 days or until 8 players sign up.
The list of players currently in a game:
wurgel (Rakvol, the Jinx) BronYAur (Brancaleone da Norcia) etherealscorpions (Anton the Fleshrender) ced395 (Lord Feyd, the Tyrranical Master of Cruelty and Oppression [or Tymacrop for short]) Heart of Draco (Milamber) la3 (Magus the Smurf)
Thundersnow (Tyron the Silent Sledge)
I have it on good authority that the Phyrexians are going to win. However, Venser is then going to teleport the whole of New Phyrexia inside the Zendikar Hedrons, leaving the Phyrexians and Eldrazi trapped in an eternal struggle of the mechanics that nobody likes.
The next set will feature both infect and annihilator, and be called Maro'sWetDreamia. It will also feature a new Jace, to ensure that it sells well.
Anyway, is it possible that you could post the Wizardy names in addition to the user names when posting plays in the future (it's hard to follow the flavor when I have to keep going up and down referencing the chart)?
"What did I tell ya, folks, the game is finally starting to heat up. Look at that bob, Brancaleone is deciding to send a magic missle straight for Milamber. But what is this? Milamber has the forsight to put up another shield. Brilliant!."
"Don't worry though, we have action going on in other sections of the field. Perry and Tyron seem content with confusing each other. Next round ought to be interesting for those two."
"Speaking of next round, it looks like Perry just recognized what Milamber was up to. A bit to late though, wouldn't you say, Bob?"
"You could say that again, the whole field is up for a surprise."
"Well, it looks like Tyron has been designated the nuclear whipping boy as Rakvol decides to throw an anti-spell in Tyron's way. Looks like Tyron's plans just got ruined in two ways."
"It looks like we're in for a doozy on this one folks."
"That's right, Bob. I'll particularly draw your attention to Lord Feyd's side of the field. He's summoned a fire elemental. Things around about to get hot."
"Looks like spoke right on clue. Look at Anton bringing in a fire storm. His plan to get resistance last turn got the cold shoulder, but being the hot-head he is, he decided to go through with the spell anyway. Look at that, first blood of the match. That at least solves the fire elemental problem."
"Huh, looks like Magus just can't take the heat. He's throwing in the towel. Well folks, that's one down, 7 to go."
"A lot of opponnent maniuplation going on. We have paralysis on Brancaleone, amnesia on Rakvol, and fear on Milamber. So, next round aughta' be quite interesting."
"Interesting indeed, Bob."
atlseal - Perry (10 life) ['PFBronYAur']
Casts: Paralysis targeting Brancaleone, choosing right hand
BronYAur - Brancaleone (10 life)
Casts: Amnesia targeting Rakvol
Affected: Right hand must repeat its move
ced395 - Lord Feyd (10 life)
Casts: Summon fire elemental
"Well, folks it's time again for our latest round."
"Now that's interesting, Bob. Check out Brancaleone. We seem to have found a newly designated nuclear whipping boy as Rakvol shocks him something mighty, Tyron seems to curse him with pain, all while Lord Feyd ensures that he'll have to start from square 1 on any new spells."
atlseal - Perry (10 life) ['ww']
"After last round, we knew it was the beggining of the end for Brancaleone. Nobody can take that sort of punishment."
"You said it, Bob. And look, Anton finishes off the job. Also, Milamber seems to be stuck in a loop. Curious, that."
"Oh definitely. Hey, where's Perry?"
"He must have cast invisibility while we weren't looking. That crazy platypus is always dissappearing. It seems Lord Feyd was also able to get off a haste spell. Both of these competitors should prove dangerous in the coming rounds."
atlseal - Perry (10 life) ['2s']
Affect: Moves are not seen