- Registered User
Member for 8 years, 6 months, and 11 days
Last active Sun, Nov, 12 2017 02:14:39
- 0 Followers
- 1,401 Total Posts
- 21 Thanks
Aug 16, 2017Prosthetic Mox0Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
You can't sacrifice ~.
t: Add one mana of a color already present in your mana pool to your mana pool.
You can't cast a spell unless you spend mana produced by ~ to pay its cost.
Aug 11, 2017Indighost, netn10. What strong submissions thoughPosted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Take an extra turn after this one. Each opponent takes any amount of damage. For each 1 damage taken, he or she chooses a type of turn step. During the extra turn, skip the first instance of any kind of step that was chosen, and skip all instances of any kind of step that was chosen more than once.
Jul 31, 2017Vote: netn10, kjsharp.Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
kjsharp's mechanic is probably ok in constructed but sooooo fun in limited. Limited is slow enough you can think about dropping lands late just to get the bonus, or not using all your mana just to sequence things so you get a bonus. Cool stuff.
Jul 30, 2017Kyron, Serra AttendantWPosted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier Cleric (M)
Kyron's mana cost is 0 after your third turn of the game.
We need no commander to tell us when to strike. One morning their silhouettes will dot the sunrise, and that is our marching order.
Jul 28, 2017Some of my ideasPosted in: Magic General
- Integrate them into a very specially designed Limited format that is the Pro Tour Limited format for that season. It just contains the rare reprints, and then the rest of the whole set is designed around making them play as nice as they can with the other cards.
- Same thing, but a special block constructed format.
- Create functional reprints that say you can't include them in your deck unless you own a creature with Banding. Make the theme of the block you printed them about devolving culture that used to accomplish great things when it was more cooperative. Make the cards Standard legal, but impossible to include in your deck in Standard - but put some new Wish cards in the Standard set, so that these powerful cards can come out of the sideboard. For instance, a 3 mana 1/2 that searches outside the game for an instant if you hit a player. Maybe you don't want Ancestral Recall sometimes though!
Also print a variety of decent creatures with Banding that year in Commander or Conspiracy. Or better yet, make up a new versatile mechanic, put it in Commander or Conspiracy, and make that the thing. Put the mechanic on a GY hate card, a burn hate card, and a storm hate card, and most of the time people won't feel like they are playing with a 14 card sideboard for using the new cards.
Jul 27, 2017Mental VisitsUPosted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
When you cast ~, draw the seventh card of your library.
Look at the top card of your library and target opponent's library.
You may put the top card of your opponent's library into their library sixth from top. If you do, that player may copy this spell. He or she may choose a new target for the copy.
(this started out as a true fateseal, but I realized there's an extremely long yet nonrepeating loop when two players have a large number of cards in their deck and are both convinced they need to hold out for an even better result)
The above post is the same person. I didn't realize I had an alt.
Jul 24, 2017netn10, JamblockPosted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
Formless Chaos R
- Target player draws a card.
- Destroy a permanent at random. If that permanent was destroyed this way, its controller may copy this spell. He or she may choose a new target for the copy. (He or she may choose a different mode.)
Jul 21, 2017I reckon Lightning Growth is a little too powerful. Compare to Blighting: both are three mana two for ones (you could call Blightning a three for one if you wanted to, but that's overly generous as a deck with any black has trouble truly valuing Lava Spikes that much. At most a 2.2 for 1).Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
This is also three mana two for one. But BOTH parts of the two affect the BOARD. NONE of Blightning affects the board and it is almost Modern playable.
I'm concerned with Insidious Mimicry's behavior at competitive REL. The player with Insidious Mimicry can't count the spells being cast aoud and give away that he has that card in his deck, but when he finally casts Insidious Mimicry because some Eggs player Shocked a Gaddock Teeg that blocked off one of his big spells, the game state needs to be clear.
That puts me on the others by process of elimination.
(Edit/Addendum: I notice Flusterstorm is an official card that has the same issue as Mimicry, although by virtue of its effect it matters less exactly what the count is when the count is large. My complaint may still be unfair, perhaps)
Jul 20, 2017FirstTurnManaBurn (none of you guys like this card? Think about it. It's sweet. And very red flavored), netn10Posted in: Custom Card Contests and Games
(This submission has one of those Gaddock Teeg style -dodge-rules-questions-in-a-way-that-fits-well-anyway clauses.)
Survey the Plane G
- Scry 1.
- Name a Land type, Creature type, and Planeswalker type. Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a named type or a Basic land, put it into your hand.
(Artistry Note: So much badass Nissa action in this art.)
Jul 20, 2017popsofctown posted a message on Assorted Competitive REL questions about playing Standard EmergeThank you so much!Posted in: Magic Rulings
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.