- Registered User
Member for 1 year, 6 months, and 2 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 20 2017 18:18:44
- 0 Followers
- 110 Total Posts
- 5 Thanks
Oct 6, 2017Atanar posted a message on Deck ideas needed: Mono red and mono white (devotion?)If you want a white control deck you can just play Ghostly Prison+Sphere of Safety and back that up with Wrath of God and wincons like Myth Realized or, if you can spare the money, Luminarch Ascension.Posted in: Multiplayer
Sep 19, 2017I almost never play with cards that are just good general card advantage engines. I like to use case-specific cards like Leaf-Crowned Elder, Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter, Lifecrafter's Bestiary. Or I run removal engines that basically amount to card advantage in my control-light meta.Posted in: Multiplayer
Sep 17, 2017I'm considering a more creature heavy and less drain based setup for the black mono-one-drop deck thanks to Vicious Conquistador:Posted in: Multiplayer
DeckMagic OnlineOCTGN2ApprenticeBuy These Cards Creature (24)
4x Mardu Shadowspear
4x Night Market Lookout
4x Pulse Tracker
4x Thornbow Archer
4x Thrull Parasite
4x Vicious Conquistador
2x Leechridden Swamp
2x Supernatural Stamina
2x Touch of Moonglove
2x Tragic Slip
1x Dolmen Gate
3x Smuggler's Copter
4x Immortal Servitude
Unclaimed Territory is very likely to find a home in non-mono casual tribal decks.
Revel in Riches sounds like a very nice build-around.
Aug 27, 2017I am struggling to find other cards that care about having lot's of extra combat step cards other than these two.Posted in: Multiplayer
Since decks that rely too hard on a single, fragile card aren't that much fun, this deck will probably never be build.
Aug 27, 2017Posted in: MultiplayerWould Waves of Aggression be good?
No. We won't have anything in our hand if this ever resolves from the Hellcarver trigger.
Mass reanimation and haste? (Ogre Battledriver maybe)
Yeah, haste would be nice. We want to get the combo going as quickly as possible. Ogre Battledriver seems good for that purpose.
Repay in Kind could be worth adding if we actually want to win in large playgroups. But for now I am designing the deck around 4 total players.
Maybe Glaring Spotlight could be decent.
Rogue's Passage should probably be in the land base, even though casting triple black and double red is already a heavy burden.
Aug 26, 2017Watching a video about the worst mythics ever, I stumbeled upon the card Hellcarver Demon. Yes, it seems bad, and it is, but I think it might be breakable.Posted in: Multiplayer
All we need is enough extra combat step cards and maybe a way to make the demon unblockable until eot. Which pushes us into red.
Sorceries and creatures like Combat Celebrant actually work with him. Gatherer says:
You cast nonland cards from exile as part of the resolution of Hellcarver Demon’s ability. You may cast those cards in any order. Timing restrictions based on the card’s type (such as creature or sorcery) are ignored.
- Savage Beating is great because we can probably pay the entwine cost and get two triggers for the next demon attack
- Seize the Day seems like a good option. The drawback of untapping only one creature doesn't even matter in the deck because there's only one survivor of the sac trigger anyway, so the flashback is pure upside in case we hit 3 lands
- Fury of the Horde might be okay. The very high cost might no matter because we either want to combo off in which case we discard anyway or we cast it for free
- Aggravated Assault seems nice as a mana sink that goes well with Seething Song
- Aurelia, the Warleader seems ideal because it has haste and evasion already stapled on and could close out the game more quickly. But you'd actually already have to have another extra combat effect.
- Combat Celebrant is awkward because we would need haste enablers to make it work.
- Relentless Assault is the most basic thing
- The upsides of Waves of Aggression and World at War are totally worthless to us
The bad part is, we need to hit one of those effects for every loop until all opponents are dead, which might take some time. A little Hypergeometric calculations say:
- If we have about 10 extra combat step effects we have a chance of 68,3% of not fizzling the current loop and a 25,9% chance of setting up additional loops.
- If we have about 12 extra combat step effects we have a chance of 75,9% of not fizzling the current loop and a 34,4% chance of setting up additional loops.
- If we have about 16 extra combat step effects we have a chance of 85,9% of not fizzling the current loop and a 51,2% chance of setting up additional loops.
12 seems fine, so with 20 lands and 4 demons 36 cards are already used which leaves 24 more cards to use on other effects.
Flying doesn't seem enough, so we pack additional unblockable effects in form of Key to the City.
To avoid fizzling, we probably need some cards that shuffle our graveyard back. Eldrazi would be great but Elixir of Immortality might work as well. Gravepurge would have been nice if we could make it all creatures, but Combat Celebrant is just too awkward.
Maybe a singleton Bearer of the Heavens in case we do fizzle and want everybody to hate us in a game that will be unnecessarily prolonged.
Neheb, the Eternal could be an alternate win condition. With additional post-combat main phases he makes stupid amounts of mana. I don't know of any cards that can abuse lot's of red mana but also be cast without casting costs, and possibly generate card advantage.
To round out the deck we want fast mana like Dark Ritual and Seething Song. Possibly Talisman of Indulgence for fixing.
Aug 26, 2017Swap the abzan battle priest (who has almost no synergy) for more copies of Oketra's monument. I don't think you'll have problems keeping attackers from your life total.Posted in: Multiplayer
Also, three of your card links aren't spelled properly and don't show the card.
Aug 18, 2017Posted in: Multiplayer
When the triggers are on the stack, every other player skips as much rounds as you skipped, minus 10. So you mill them for 10, but you let them build up a huge board to kill you right away when you phase back in. Unless you can flash in a Null Rod with split second on it, the combo doesn't do anything to help you.
Aug 12, 2017Territorial Hellkite will probably go into my already existing Dragon Tempest-Deck since dragons with cmc 4 or lower are quite rare.Posted in: Multiplayer
Hungry Lynx is the only card from the set that I see as somewhat of a build-around. Illness in the Ranks, Retribution of the Ancients and Lab Rats and you got yourself an engine to grow your other cats.
Bloodforged Battle-Axe seems like a decent combo with Sigarda's Aid and cheap unblockables, but I don't know if that has any merit.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.