Okay, now that that's out of the way, loved the story. They've done a fantastic job of building up three entirely disparate cultures now, to really give this race to Orazca some sort of meaning for everyone. I assume we'll get vampires next week, and then zero in on the actual race to the city for the final four stories.
Just a few thoughts.
1. Interesting that the merfolk can sense the planeswalk barrier- given the comment that a dolphin being unable to break through the surface of the water.
2. The Golden Sun apparently wreaked destruction on Ixalan before- I imagine by allowing otherworldy beings to come in and wreck the place. Getting a very strong Feroz's Ban-esque vibe from all of this (which saddens me, because that diminishes the odds of a return to Ulgrotha)
3. I'm wracking my brain on who the Guardian might be and... I got nothing from existing PWs. It being Bolas or Ugin are way out of place for the plane. Karn, maybe? Whoever it is, its probably pre-mending. I'd wager on a new character, at this point.
4. As anyone else noticed that there's a distinct chivalrous aspect to the world, where it almost seems unneeded death is frowned upon by pretty much everyone? The Sun Empire has gone out of their way to not kill enemies. Vraska's pirates were more focused on subduing, and while she did kill the captain, it seemed more to get the rest of the vampires to stop fighting out of awe. Kumena's drowning of the SE warrior offended all the other merfolk, and Tishana subsumed Kumena's spell to stop him from unnecessarily imperiling more lives. Even the vampires seem to have a very rigid code on what they do and don't do.
- Registered User
Member for 2 years and 13 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 20 2017 02:52:44
- 0 Followers
- 402 Total Posts
- 323 Thanks
Sep 20, 2017Posted in: Magic StorylineQuote from ThyLordQ »I think it's worth mentioning, from those that bring up the Meditation Realm as the blip in Project Lightning Bug, that we only know about anything the project reads because of Ral, who we now know is an Agent of Bolas. The Meditation Realm doesn't have to be hidden, Ral just has to not mention it.
Also, I don't know if Bolas does know about Jace being there.
Edit: My phone's autocorrect is super bizarre.
I think its too much of a coincidence that Bolas whips Jace's ass, mind-screws him nearly to oblivion as he tries to walk away, and he JUST HAPPENS to end up in the world that's the next step of the plan.
Sep 20, 2017It seems that the story team is consciously making an effort to give the Gatewatch some character development. Both Gideon and Chandra got hard lessons about how limited they truly are, which should come into play later. Liliana got a softer side, but was still a selfish bitch when push came to shove.Posted in: Magic Storyline
It seems like the best thing they could do for Jace was to wipe him clean, and start building him from the ground up. I assume at some point, he'll get his memories back, and become somewhat of a hybrid between New Jace and Old Jace. I like it. It show's that Jace has the capability to be likeable.
Also am enjoying Vraska. She's definitely one of the better anti-heroes they've made for the game.
Sep 13, 2017I have two.Posted in: Magic General
1. I was playing Animar in a four player EDH game against Hannah, Isamaru, and Rhys. Hugely favorable matchup for me, but the Isamaru player got an Umezawa's Jitte in play, and was just popping Animar out every time I played him. Rhys player, who was kinda new to both the game and our EDH group, draws a Krosan Grip and asks what artifacts are in play. I put on this huge show about how the Jitte is a terrible, broken card who's going to screw everyone over, and she blows it up, not realizing that was the only thing keeping me in check. Boom, play Animar, and it takes about 4 turns to obliterate everyone (I killed her last, though, cause I'm nice like that).
2. Collective Voyage for 11 on Turn 3. One of our house rules is you can't kill anyone before their fifth turn. For some reason, they haven't let me resolve Collective Voyage once since then
Sep 13, 2017Posted in: Magic StorylineQuote from 9talete9 »There are only two types of poems in the world. Poems that are good, and poems that are honest
My experience suggest that there is a third type of poem, the "I don't need to study because I'm an artist and I use free verse because thats what modern poetry looks like. You didn't like my poem only because you have a cold heart, it was full of emotions, it was overflowing with emotion!" type of poem.
Maybe the Sun Empire puts emos to death.
Good people, them.
Sep 13, 2017So being stuck on Ixalan (or whatever the actual plane is called, i forget) isn't just a Jace thing- ALL the Walkers are stuck there. I guess it makes sense, given that Project Lightning Bug found Vraska's walk went completely off the grid. Be interesting to see what's causing it (although I think the city of gold would have something to do with it?)Posted in: Magic Storyline
I'm glad we're getting more of these planeswalker-spark stories. And yes, it was brilliant for her to walk to Kaladesh, see "the city of gold", get pulled back, and COMPLETELY misinterpret it. Boy, is she gonna be in for a shock when she finds out the truth.
I like what @Druidiana said, too. Angarth does sound like a Dominarian minotaur's name. Which ties in rather nicely to where we might be going next.
Aug 11, 2017Pollaski posted a message on The question at hand: Would the Gatewatch drink Coke?Nicol Bolas only drinks the blood of his enemies.Posted in: Magic General
And the occasional strawberry Yoo-Hoo.
Jul 26, 2017Bolas had the whole damn Gatewatch destroyed by the end of the first section. That was as glorious a clownstomping as I've ever seen.Posted in: Magic Storyline
"I promise not to listen if you all shout at each other" <- this line killed me.
1. My god is Jace a dumbass. He's really a dumbass. Sure, lets try to invade the mind of the anciant dragon planeswalker who's psychic taunting me the entire time I'm trying to do it. That couldn't have possibly been any sort of a trap, could it have?
2. Welp, that's it for Lilliana as a trusted member of the Gatewatch. Not that anyone really expected her to stay til the last if things got dire.
3. Love how Bolas pretty much defeated everyone by just crushing their strengths. The Gatewatch really were just a bunch of kids who got lucky a couple times.
4. The big shock of the story, of course, is that Ral Zarek is working with Bolas. Which does NOT have good implications, given this pretty much means that Bolas is at least somewhat connected to Project Lightning Bug. That seems bad. On a side note, could you imagine Niv-Mizzets reaction to finding out about all this?
5. Still not sure exactly why Bolas wants the Gatewatch alive. But not killing any of them seemed pretty vital to his plans.
Good ending, we got what we wanted. On to Ixalan!
Jul 26, 2017Are you ready?Posted in: Magic Storyline
I said, MTG Salvation.... are you rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrready?
Then, for the thousands in attendance.
And the billions watching all around the multiverse.
From the ruins of Nakthamun on Amonkhet...
LLLLETS GET RRREADY TO RRRRUUUUUMBUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLL!!!!
Jul 19, 2017Posted in: Magic StorylineQuote from RaltheMad »Story was ok. I have no interest in Samut as a character (she's been handled terribly imo) but at least we got to see more of Hazoret and Djeru. I wonder if Hazoret will manage to replace her arm somehow or will be one handed from now on. Also Hapatra makes it out alive which is a relief.
Last story is the Gatewatch vs Bolas and I kinda hope they wont rush the ending or the battle. They better not give it to James Wyatt to write it.
This whole set has been pretty much Allison Luhrs baby. Mama needs to put the baby to bed next week.
Jul 19, 2017Posted in: Magic StorylineQuote from Tekkactus »Hey look, another planeswalker that immediately turns around and goes home with no intention of ever leaving.
Maybe Samut and Saheeli can get together and- OH WAIT
Yeah, it'd make way more sense if Samut just suddenly went "LOL screw those guys, not my problem anymore, idgaf"
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.